Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I like that Sydney have a stronger side this time round. I don't want to make a GF by floating through an undermanned prelim opponent.

Dare to dream. It's weak to not rise to the occasion mentally as supporters and have hope. Sure it'll hurt if we go down after going all in but I'd rather have earned the deep cut than shirk the contest and leave the team by the wayside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've discussed Ken ad nauseum at this point. We know the issues. We know the deficiencies. We know what we're going to get from him.

I'm over that discussion.

To borrow a line of thinking from Kane Cornes (ugh) - it's about the players now.

There's 23 grown adults out there who, complacency or no complacency from their coach, contract or no contract, should want to win. For themselves. For each other.

Boak, do you want to be remembered as just a guy who trains really hard but crumbles under pressure?

Dixon, do you want to be remembered as the guy that finished his career as a broken bollard with the turning circle of a ship?

Wines, does a Brownlow mean anything without the ultimate team success?

Butters, do the "most courageous player" awards mean anything if you can't back it up when it matters most?

Ratugolea, do you want to be the epitomy of "dud trade" forever?

And biggest of all, Rozee - are you going to coast by as just some bloke who wore number 1 and dick twirled mission accomplished when we fell over the line in one final or are you going to stand up, lead from the front and be a premiership captain?

Every player, young or old, 10 games or hundreds, can give an effort. I'm sick of games where we don't show up.

I want to see another premiership. It's right there for the taking, it just needs 2 more games to do it.

It's on the players now.

Last edited:
These changes are par for the course.

Not the best but understandable.

I'm not a fan of both players and both can be exploited by Longmire.

Our form is very good. Sydney's form is goodish at best.

If the boys play their good, hard, contested, tackling footy, then we are a big chance.
All I ask it that Dixon goes down as our greatest finals hero of all time. Just do it Dix.

We've discussed Ken ad nauseum at this point. We know the issues. We know the deficiencies. We know what we're going to get from him.

To borrow a line of thinking from Kane Cornes (ugh) - it's about the players now.

There's 23 grown adults out there who, complacency or no complacency from their coach, contract or no contract, should want to win. For themselves. For each other.

Boak, do you want to be remembered as just a guy who trains really hard but crumbles under pressure?

Dixon, do you want to be remembered as the guy that finished his career as a broken bollard with the turning circle of a ship?

Butters, do the "most courageous player" awards mean anything if you can't back it up when it matters most?

And biggest of all, Rozee - are you going to coast by as just done bloke who wore number 1 and dick twirled mission accomplished when we fell over the line in one final or are you going to stand up, lead from the front and be a premiership captain?

Every player, young or old, 10 games or hundreds, can give an effort. I'm sick of games where we don't show up.

I want to see another premiership. It's right there for the taking, it just needs 2 more games to do it.

It's on the players now.
Awesome.

It's a 1:1 cbd/thc kinda day. I equally love and hate this football club, but they will always be the club I come back to each year despite the mental abuse we exchange regularly. Like a delinquent son, I'll still continue to rock up to their clarinet recital, even if they suck.

And biggest of all, Rozee - are you going to coast by as just some bloke who wore number 1 and dick twirled mission accomplished when we fell over the line in one final or are you going to stand up, lead from the front and be a premiership captain?

It's on the players now.
Please be the coach today.

Will this team be known as the generation that couldn't make a grand final, or will you show some balls and win a damn prelim.

Keep the umpires out of the equation by kicking the ball through the big sticks lots of times.
Keep the crowd out of the equation by kicking the ball through the big sticks lots of times.

Show the intensity you showed last week or get on the plane right now and fly away to Bali and say, "I'm too scared to play football".

It aint the list, you showed that last week.

Its whether you have the balls.

Make some history or be forgotten.
Your choice.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back