Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got absolutely no fckn idea what to expect tonight.

But what i do know is that if we play with ferocious intensity and pressure we will trouble the Swans.

The Swans have said that the round 21 112 point loss was the catalyst for getting their season back on track but i don't actually think they've been that good since then. The GWS win was impressive but everything else was nothing special. But peeling back the layers of that GWS win, GWS shat the bed not once but twice (very badly) in both final quarters of their finals, so maybe that win had more to do with the Giants inability to close the game out rather than Sydney being amazing. They were good, but GWS really should've put them away.

A lot is said about how poor we are in finals, and the stats don't lie. But I think Sydney have shown over the years that they can stink it up on the big stage too, especially when you hit them hard with pressure.

More proof that AFL is pre-determined.

Seriously, Kochie need to have a crack at the media agencies after the finals. The amount of content that completely disregard us is unacceptable. Our corporate support and sponsorship needs exposure and we seem to be an inconvenience to the AFL media industry as a whole.

Seriously, Kochie need to have a crack at the media agencies after the finals. The amount of content that completely disregard us is unacceptable. Our corporate support and sponsorship needs exposure and we seem to be an inconvenience to the AFL media industry as a whole.
It will make winning it all even better with us being underrated/written off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Port for flag was a decent chance coming into finals. Week one threw everything off of course. I personally don’t think Sydney are flying, and they looked better in the front half of the year. The GWS win was huge, but the Giants find ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Definitely winnable if Port bring it in every moment. It’s going to be hot hot hot in the middle tonight

Anyone know if there is a match day stuff going on in Sydney? Any marches or meet ups?
the Big Panthers Club is the usual haunt

Make sure no-one from your board sees you on your way out!
Hide Hiding GIF

We only dream of finals over here. Mediocrity has become our thing.
I would straight swap Ken for Pepsi Nuts all day.

Think Burton will start as forward and move to defence when required
Nah not with Dixon in. If Dixon doesn't play I'd expect burton to go forward and play the Marshall role (hopefully not the subbed out by half time bit).

Otherwise he is replacing Lorenz so either the sub or he plays half back with Sinn as the sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back