Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Koch on his business channel the other day. He was talking finals footy with his guests. He just couldn’t help himself. Referred to Port as a small battling club from Alberton up against a big club like Sydney.

He’ll never learn.

Should have punched the tv in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I want to win, but i'm so extremely guarded about it. I won't have any emotions until we're showing we are actually a chance to win, then i'll be on it ready to get annoyed again. Certainly not nervous though.

Chances are we'll know within a few minutes whether we can win or not.
Mirrors how I feel:
1] We are good enough to win this
2] While I feel we can win, I have accepted that a loss is more likely, so not really too nervous at all.
3] This Hinkley-led side will let us know inside the first 5 minutes who the eventual winner will be. If we are ON, then the nerves will start. if we are OFF, I will dispassionately sit back and watch the mayhem unfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a stretch. He's talking about the Prelim.

The equivalent of Ginnivan would be going on tele and talking about how the Grand Final is going to be a replay of one of our previous two appearances.
No it isn't. The end result is exactly the same. Both comments were dismissive of their current opposition.

I like that Sydney have a stronger side this time round. I don't want to make a GF by floating through an undermanned prelim opponent.

Dare to dream. It's weak to not rise to the occasion mentally as supporters and have hope. Sure it'll hurt if we go down after going all in but I'd rather have earned the deep cut than shirk the contest and leave the team by the wayside.
I'm all in, let's hope the boys & coaches are

We've discussed Ken ad nauseum at this point. We know the issues. We know the deficiencies. We know what we're going to get from him.

I'm over that discussion.

To borrow a line of thinking from Kane Cornes (ugh) - it's about the players now.

There's 23 grown adults out there who, complacency or no complacency from their coach, contract or no contract, should want to win. For themselves. For each other.

Boak, do you want to be remembered as just a guy who trains really hard but crumbles under pressure?

Dixon, do you want to be remembered as the guy that finished his career as a broken bollard with the turning circle of a ship?

Wines, does a Brownlow mean anything without the ultimate team success?

Butters, do the "most courageous player" awards mean anything if you can't back it up when it matters most?

Ratugolea, do you want to be the epitomy of "dud trade" forever?

And biggest of all, Rozee - are you going to coast by as just some bloke who wore number 1 and dick twirled mission accomplished when we fell over the line in one final or are you going to stand up, lead from the front and be a premiership captain?

Every player, young or old, 10 games or hundreds, can give an effort. I'm sick of games where we don't show up.

I want to see another premiership. It's right there for the taking, it just needs 2 more games to do it.

It's on the players now.
Well said

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back