Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

We've discussed Ken ad nauseum at this point. We know the issues. We know the deficiencies. We know what we're going to get from him.

I'm over that discussion.

To borrow a line of thinking from Kane Cornes (ugh) - it's about the players now.

There's 23 grown adults out there who, complacency or no complacency from their coach, contract or no contract, should want to win. For themselves. For each other.

Boak, do you want to be remembered as just a guy who trains really hard but crumbles under pressure?

Dixon, do you want to be remembered as the guy that finished his career as a broken bollard with the turning circle of a ship?

Wines, does a Brownlow mean anything without the ultimate team success?

Butters, do the "most courageous player" awards mean anything if you can't back it up when it matters most?

Ratugolea, do you want to be the epitomy of "dud trade" forever?

And biggest of all, Rozee - are you going to coast by as just some bloke who wore number 1 and dick twirled mission accomplished when we fell over the line in one final or are you going to stand up, lead from the front and be a premiership captain?

Every player, young or old, 10 games or hundreds, can give an effort. I'm sick of games where we don't show up.

I want to see another premiership. It's right there for the taking, it just needs 2 more games to do it.

It's on the players now.
High Five Best Friends GIF by reactionseditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he should have kept quiet. Maybe. For his own club more than anything.

But the utter hypocrisy of the media is what pisses me off most. They do all they can to get players, coaches and officials to be something other than beige and when one of them actually offers up something to stir some interest they all jump on it.

Yes, Kochie is a media whore. It's what he's always been and made millions from it. He's also brought sponsors to our club on the back of it. And he happens to understand the way to generate Sydney media interest in an AFL game better than anyone. Because the fact is the Sharks v Cowboys game at Allianz is where most Sydney people's eyes will be focussed tonight despite what BT and his mates will have you believe.

So FFS take aim at the media hypocrites who market these single line comments as something more than they are.

The koch talk is not the difference between a win and a loss. Horse isn't about to etch it on his whiteboard. It's gossip at best and borders divine intervention if it were to have any impact. Yes he's an idiot for saying it, but if we want to find excuses for a loss, this isn't it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Preliminary Final vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back