Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Liver like styrofoam and covered in golf ball sized tumours. His documented autopsy is one of the most horrible sounding things I've ever read.
I was just reading about it on Wiki, and was about to post the same..yuck

The autopsy gave the cause of death as dystrophic multiple organ failure.[4]

Some of the specific autopsy findings were an extremely muscular physique with an almost complete absence of subcutaneous fat, a liver that contained numerous table tennis ball-sized tumors (with half the liver consisting simply of a crumbly mass that was similar to polystyrene), shriveled testes, and cardiac hypertrophy (Münzer's heart weighed 636g; a normal man's heart usually weighs 300–350g).[4]

I was just reading about it on Wiki, and was about to post the same..yuck
Interestingly enough, for all the steroidal agents he took it was probably abuse of diuretics that did most of the damage.

Diuretics are also responsible for one of the other horrible body-building related things I've ever seen, which was where a man named Paul Dillet suffered cramps through almost his entire skeleto-muscular system at once. He had to be carried off stage.

1000003042.jpg

So, provided our youngsters keep off the Lasix they should be alright.

You guys are nuts, it’s not how you lived, but how good the physique is when you die that counts!

Christ we are going off topic once Dillet makes an appearance.
Anyone confirm DGB now has bowling ball delts and a christmas tree back?

You guys are nuts, it’s not how you lived, but how good the physique is when you die that counts!

Christ we are going off topic once Dillet makes an appearance.
Anyone confirm DGB now has bowling ball delts and a christmas tree back?
I hear he subscribed to More Plates More Dates and is currently getting supraphysiological

Rubbish. It is the way you lived. Follow the five Fs:

Frothies, frivolity, food, fornicating and footy.

Had a cracking hour or two yesterday.
Players as per usual were great, my 8yo got a sore hand from all the high 5's she got . Loved every second of it

Obviously was only training but I would say in comparison to pre season last year in general our skill level and cleaness is up a notch or two .
Was great to see .

Players as per usual were great, my 8yo got a sore hand from all the high 5's she got . Loved every second of it

Obviously was only training but I would say in comparison to pre season last year in general our skill level and cleaness is up a notch or two .
Was great to see .
Our skill level early last pre-season was very average, and it's unsurprising. So young, so unfamiliar with each other in the grand scheme of things. Not surprised that the players are reading each other better now.

Was great to see .
Scrimma summed it up well about the way we are trying to tidy up our ball use and our understanding of the game plan in the recent Talking Hawks podcast.

View attachment 1000013204.mp4

Any news on how / whether Ethan Phillips is training at hawks?
Yes he walked past me and my daughter at the open training leaving before all the others with what looked life a club official. A little taller than me but not a monster size wise by any means. I guess the door is ajar in case wingard or someone else goes down but as I understand it would need to be out of the season for him to be able to be added.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another damp morning at training but it was not raining. No Chol was the interesting point. They had a couple of the U/18 academy players out there as well. CJ wasn’t really in the “rehab” group much at all, which is a positive sign. Mitch at one point said something along the following: get used to doing the same thing over & over - repetition is the key to mastering what we want to achieve.

Yet another damp morning at training but it was not raining. No Chol was the interesting point. They had a couple of the U/18 academy players out there as well. CJ wasn’t really in the “rehab” group much at all, which is a positive sign. Mitch at one point said something along the following: get used to doing the same thing over & over - repetition is the key to mastering what we want to achieve.
I've heard that somewhere before....

bd921e38-d70d-4cbb-8666-cba6e5b11960_text.gif

As a wild semi-educated guess from this leg shot… I would put Ward‘s BMI (Body Mass Index) well under 5%. That is not unusual and certainly has him, as you call it, primed!

Many of the boys look ripped = very little fat reserves. Finn and Butts seem especially “primed”.

I hope the Hawks nutritionist is keeping a close eye on this and prescribing a few high calorie yummy treats for our very fit lean guys at the right time.

They deserve and maybe need it.
Ooops… I meant to write 15% 🤪

The improvement next year will need to come from the third year players. Ramsden, Grainger-Barras & Serong are the ones that need to take the next step.
Totally agree. It will take them and the less predictable up and comers like Butler, Seamus, Mckenzie and the Huss pushing for spots, for us to take a giant leap!

Has something xtra about him. Unfussed and accurate disposal, lovely hands in tight. Will be a player. Reminds me a lot of Chris Mew. How tall is he?
Mid 190s and built like a bean pole. When he fills out his got AFL player written all over him. His hands and pace remind me of Pendles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back