Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If only he could harness it like Mumford or Draper
Saw similar pics of Meek last pre season but he only seemed to use his size and power sporadically during the season.

Hopefully the club can work out a way to get Lloyd to use his size and power on a consistent basis in 2024.

It's got to be his bread and butter as a player to bring that grunt.

Saw similar pics of Meek last pre season but he only seemed to use his size and power sporadically during the season.

Hopefully the club can work out a way to get Lloyd to use his size and power on a consistent basis in 2024.

Meek looks slimmer and fitter than last pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1868960
View attachment 1868961

For such young men looking at the definition of the quadricep muscles …… they must be obsessive trainers!
As a wild semi-educated guess from this leg shot… I would put Ward‘s BMI (Body Mass Index) well under 5%. That is not unusual and certainly has him, as you call it, primed!

Many of the boys look ripped = very little fat reserves. Finn and Butts seem especially “primed”.

I hope the Hawks nutritionist is keeping a close eye on this and prescribing a few high calorie yummy treats for our very fit lean guys at the right time.

They deserve and maybe need it.

Just ask the senior coach, it is why he remains on our List. Got to use his size, trouble is he is a nice bloke. I hope he can become more aggressive. Legally however.

As a wild semi-educated guess from this leg shot… I would put Ward‘s BMI (Body Mass Index) well under 5%. That is not unusual and certainly has him, as you call it, primed!

Many of the boys look ripped = very little fat reserves. Finn and Butts seem especially “primed”.

I hope the Hawks nutritionist is keeping a close eye on this and prescribing a few high calorie yummy treats for our very fit lean guys at the right time.

I assume u mean body fat percentage?

If so as lean as those guys r there's no way they're sub 5%. Probably sub 10 would be more likely. You'd be able to see all their veins (and I mean ALL their veins) at sub 5.

I'd imagine most of the boys have a maintenance of 3,000 calories plus even at really low BF% so Im sure they can fit in plenty of treats :)

Just ask the senior coach, it is why he remains on our List. Got to use his size, trouble is he is a nice bloke. I hope he can become more aggressive. Legally however.
Doesn't even have to be overtly aggressive use of his size.

Just use his size say when trying to bust a tackle/fend of a tackler and use his strength to go for a short bursts run out of a pack.

Or be more aggressive when going for a contested mark, etc.

Like I said he did it sporadically this year and when he did he looked good. Need to get the big fella fired up pre game so he plays like that all the time.

Doesn't even have to be overtly aggressive use of his size.

Just use his size say when trying to bust a tackle/fend of a tackler and use his strength to go for a short bursts run out of a pack.

Or be more aggressive when going for a contested mark, etc.

Like I said he did it sporadically this year and when he did he looked good. Need to get the big fella fired up pre game so he plays like that all the time.
Meek has tried the run and bounce a number of times in games. He will be hard to tackle at pace.

I can't wait to see him do it again.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Under 5% body fat the body pretty much starts to shut down. They’d be putting themselves at risk of death. They certainly wouldn’t be able to play professional footy at those levels.

They would have to be closer to 10%.

Meek has tried the run and bounce a number of times in games. He will be hard to tackle at pace.

I can't wait to see him do it again.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's when he looked the best this year, when he backed himself to take the game on.

A 203cm and 110kg unit moving at speed is a hard thing to take down! Like when Jonah Lomu used to run over tacklers in his heyday.

Just need him to do it more often is all.

Sub 5% bodyfat is extraordinarily unusual. At that bodyfat you'd likely be hypogonadal, chronically fatigued and about ready to step on stage at a body-building contest. He might be around 8-10% but I'd say the majority of AFL players are around 12-15%.

Sub 5% bodyfat is extraordinarily unusual. At that bodyfat you'd likely be hypogonadal, chronically fatigued and about ready to step on stage at a body-building contest. He might be around 8-10% but I'd say the majority of AFL players are around 12-15%.

Munzer died for it. So should our players.

Attachments

• 6BF94E33-0261-4F0C-97A0-812CA6D6D444.jpeg
    6BF94E33-0261-4F0C-97A0-812CA6D6D444.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 150
Munzer died for it. So should our players.
Liver like styrofoam and covered in golf ball sized tumours. His documented autopsy is one of the most horrible sounding things I've ever read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back