Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardwick forward - when one considers the pros to the forward line and leaves aside the hole in the backline - it will be pretty sweet seeing a defensive forward with his skills i.e. locking it in the forward 50 etc. His knowledge of observing small forward craft would be quite up there too. And it could speak of depth in our defensive stocks…Hmm…maybe this is actually a bit

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

It's pretty disappointing if he's that stupid to be blatantly doing it in front of everyone to see.
How reliable is your mates daughter as a source and which drugs was he suppose to be doing ?

I would say that 'doing it in the open' and 'obviously under the influence' are two very different things here.

I was informed a few weeks ago from somebody I trust that he was spotted out in Melbourne in a similar state. This time with some new Hawk team mates who 'didn't look to be on the same level as him'.
It must be stated that he's certainly silly for allowing himself to be seen in public when obviously partaking in the recreationals, however no unbecoming incidents have actually taken place.

He's also potentially one of those people who looks like he's had 10 beers when he's only 2. I know people like this who can take drugs all night and barely change whatsoever, and others who immediately look on another planet the second they've taken anything.

Regardless of anything, I just hope he gets his shit together as a professional athlete and has a long successful career in the brown and gold.

I would say that 'doing it in the open' and 'obviously under the influence' are two very different things here.

I was informed a few weeks ago from somebody I trust that he was spotted out in Melbourne in a similar state. This time with some new Hawk team mates who 'didn't look to be on the same level as him'.
It must be stated that he's certainly silly for allowing himself to be seen in public when obviously partaking in the recreationals, however no unbecoming incidents have actually taken place.

He's also potentially one of those people who looks like he's had 10 beers when he's only 2. I know people like this who can take drugs all night and barely change whatsoever, and others who immediately look on another planet the second they've taken anything.

Regardless of anything, I just hope he gets his s**t together as a professional athlete and has a long successful career in the brown and gold.
Lets hope he doesn't get the young blokes started. I don't like the look of this. If he isn't straightened out this could end up who knows where.

Joel, not Bailey.

Fair play.

Joel's situation frustrated me the most out of anybody. A fringe player getting a regular game late in the season for a premiership contender. If you are stupid enough to be snorting lines mid-week then get the hell out of the AFL and play for a suburban club. Might be a few guys running around out there who could teach him something about dedication and professionalism.

Fair play.

Joel's situation frustrated me the most out of anybody. A fringe player getting a regular game late in the season for a premiership contender. If you are stupid enough to be snorting lines mid-week then get the hell out of the AFL and play for a suburban club. Might be a few guys running around out there who could teach him something about dedication and professionalism.
Added to this is the cause that his dad has been fighting for , it’s a little hypocritical that he hasn’t come out and said how risky it is that take drugs and the effects it can have on the brain.

Are we not overblowing this slightly? We’ve had an anonymous poster mention something he didn’t witness himself and now we’re worried about the penny not having dropped?
We get fixated on certain players and things.

Still laugh when posters were worried about Chad playing too much Fornite.....even though Day and Sicily had Twitch accounts doing the same thing.

It's pretty disappointing if he's that stupid to be blatantly doing it in front of everyone to see.
How reliable is your mates daughter as a source and which drugs was he suppose to be doing ?
Very reliable kid, like a daughter to me having known her since the day she was born. I haven’t spoken to her directly about this, but will update any more detailed info I get

Very reliable kid, like a daughter to me having known her since the day she was born. I haven’t spoken to her directly about this, but will update any more detailed info I get
This shouldn't be interpreted as having a go at you but if I was posting something like this in a public forum based on second-hand information, with the original source being a person I know well, I'd have sought that person's permission to do so, even if their anonymity was being preserved in the post.

If you did already seek such permission, please accept my apologies.

Ginni's biggest issue is that he isn't athletically gifted enough to not be doing everything he can to be the best athlete possible.

A player in his position should be doing everything possible to maximise his discipline if he wants a long and successful career.

The problem is that he probably prefers the balance of hard work and party time. On a personal level, that's his choice to make.
Not everybody can be Ben Cousins or Clayton Oliver though. Being absolute party animals and some of the best players in the league simultaneously.
I’d say that life style is catching up with Oliver now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick forward - when one considers the pros to the forward line and leaves aside the hole in the backline - it will be pretty sweet seeing a defensive forward with his skills i.e. locking it in the forward 50 etc. His knowledge of observing small forward craft would be quite up there too. And it could speak of depth in our defensive stocks…Hmm…maybe this is actually a bit

I’ve been waiting his whole career for this move!

This shouldn't be interpreted as having a go at you but if I was posting something like this in a public forum based on second-hand information, with the original source being a person I know well, I'd have sought that person's permission to do so, even if their anonymity was being preserved in the post.

If you did already seek such permission, please accept my apologies.
There wouldn’t be many posts on big footy if everyone followed your suggestion.

There wouldn’t be many posts on big footy if everyone followed your suggestion.
On the 'rumours' board, yes, you'd be right about that.

Shouldn't impact the vast majority of posts, which are based on opinions, not rumours.

I'm just looking at this from the point of view of the original source. As a parallel example, If I told my son about <something somewhat controversial> I'd seen a high-profile individual do and he told his mate, who happened to be my godson, I wouldn't be too happy if my godson then posted that to a public forum without asking my permission to do so.

On the 'rumours' board, yes, you'd be right about that.

Shouldn't impact the vast majority of posts, which are based on opinions, not rumours.

I'm just looking at this from the point of view of the original source. As a parallel example, If I told my son about <something somewhat controversial> I'd seen a high-profile individual do and he told his mate, who happened to be my godson, I wouldn't be too happy if my godson then posted that to a public forum without asking my permission to do so.
Each to their own I guess

Personally, I think it’s an over-reaction

Ha ha the Wingerz playing Fortnite thing was so silly
Yeah, I always thought it was about him only playing once a fortnight. Then I worked out it was something you young blokes do when you can't get a woman. And worse, prefer Fortnite even when you can.

I really don't know that you can take this stuff too seriously. A lot of players do drugs, if it doesn't really affect their professionalism towards the game then who gives a shit.

However I doubt you can really say someone is on or not on drugs without seeing them actually taking stuff for the most part. There are a few other clear shows like a clenched jaw but even then that's kind of hard to tell for sure.

I remember a footy pub crawl one year where I was one of the only ones not on the snow (we had been drinking all day) and I was the one not let into the nightclub because I was too pissed. So stuff like that makes me hesitant to be able to say someone is for sure on drugs. And honestly, so what if he is. As long as he's as professional as the rest of the list from the day they get back to training.

If Dimma does in fact go forward then it’s his delivery into F50 that I’ll be licking my lips at

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back