Training 2024 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Personally, this season I think the real Tom McDonald will stand up...

412444588_878100500983929_2911052366773640158_n.jpg

30 Rock Hello GIF

Won't the controversies ever end.....

On the bright side it sounds like the midfield have improved their ability to hit a target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah * players for having some fun outside of football in the offseason. Bro needs to be in the gym 24/7

Not what I meant though. This is Gus, who's been notoriously unfit, finally looks a much fitter player. Doesn't excuse his portly physique in the past though, if anything people wonder where was this earlier? Hopefully it wakes Clarry up too.

Agreed. He's never been an elite preparer. His body speaks for itself.

Not what I meant though. This is Gus, who's been notoriously unfit, finally looks a much fitter player. Doesn't excuse his portly physique in the past though, if anything people wonder where was this earlier? Hopefully it wakes Clarry up too.

Geez I’m not his biggest fan but he can’t win. Looks to be in good shape and still cops it.

Think we’ve got much bigger concerns with the guy on 1m a year for another 7 years who may never play again…

Geez I’m not his biggest fan but he can’t win. Looks to be in good shape and still cops it.

Think we’ve got much bigger concerns with the guy on 1m a year for another 7 years who may never play again…

Look I am happy to shut up about Gus if he is like this for the rest of his career.

Also did you read this

I agree that is a much bigger concern.

they're 2 different issues. we're talking about Brayshaw. At this stage of his career Brayshaw should be damn ripped. He's got no definition in his arms and he's got way too high a body fat %.

Can I just say some people's bodies are shit at stacking muscle on, Not that I know but I almost feel it's the case with his arms at least. The valid criticisms on his endurance and aerobic abilities is fair if you're not one than you make up for it in the other. But I think he's lifted in that department which allowed him to push back into the guts last year

I also just yeah I know it's a reasonable discussion to have. But something irks me when the pile on starts just cause there's a photo of the guy playing golf outside of footy? Judge him when he's on the track at least

The fitness concerns over Brayshaw are completely overblown imo. It's not like he's ever had issues running out gams.

Was left out of the team the first few rounds of 2018 due to his training standards and preparation. Clearly turned it around after that, but he didn't look super fit during the 2023 preseason, so perhaps it's just something he battles with sometimes?

The fitness concerns over Brayshaw are completely overblown imo. It's not like he's ever had issues running out gams.

Yeah, not like he gets pushed around in one on ones either. I really don't care what he looks like if he's running out games and has enough strength to hold his ground in one on one's.

Was left out of the team the first few rounds of 2018 due to his training standards and preparation. Clearly turned it around after that, but he didn't look super fit during the 2023 preseason, so perhaps it's just something he battles with sometimes?
Yeah, not like he gets pushed around in one on ones either. I really don't care what he looks like if he's running out games and has enough strength to hold his ground in one on one's.
It's possible he had a bad off season last year but for the majority of his career it's never really been an issue. It's a weird thing people have latched onto, I think unfairly. Some people just aren't going to get jacked like Petracca no matter how hard they train.

On the flip side you have someone like Colin Sylvia who was ripped throughout his whole career but was actually pretty unfit and lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back