Training 2024 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In news no one asked for i also started preseason. Preseason would be fine without the heat, otherwise it's ass

Also thanks for the report Danster

The way I read it was that he would be in ‘full training’ by round 1.

If he’s playing by round 5 then we’d bank that for sure.
This is what it says.

Melbourne is confident Harry Petty will be in full training well before round 1 as he recovers from a serious lisfranc injury that ended his 2023 season.

I read that as possibly ready for round 1 given likely in training well before round 1.

This is what it says.

Melbourne is confident Harry Petty will be in full training well before round 1 as he recovers from a serious lisfranc injury that ended his 2023 season.

I read that as possibly ready for round 1 given likely in training well before round 1.
That would be a great result - I was expecting us to be without him for the first part of the season.

Good thing our football department had the foresight to recruit two ironmen in Billings and McAdam to plug in until our key players are cherry ripe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't the club put it into the constitution or something? Seems like the board wants their brainchild to become a permanent part of the clubs branding.
**** me dead- write the 90's/00's flaming demon logo into our constitution and that should be enough Demon without needing to shove wanky focus group slogans down our throats.

Didn't the club put it into the constitution or something? Seems like the board wants their brainchild to become a permanent part of the clubs branding.

It was mentioned once in the proposed constitution preamble, not the actual constitution, which I assume was approved when all the resolutions were carried at the end of 2022*.

*Obviously pending Peter Lawrence taking them to court about it at some stage in the future. FFS.

Interestingly with the preseason fixture most teams get a fortnight out from the preseason to round 1. We have to play that Wednesday then the season opener on the Thursday the following week (Sydney go from Thursday to Thursday following)

I see all the opening round teams have fixtured against each other in preseason, whereas everyone gets the normal two weeks before their round 1 clash

I wonder if when we do our practise match, we'll do something sooner than normal

It was mentioned once in the proposed constitution preamble, not the actual constitution, which I assume was approved when all the resolutions were carried at the end of 2022*.

*Obviously pending Peter Lawrence taking them to court about it at some stage in the future. FFS.
Yeah thats it, the preamble was part of the changes they wanted to make that got up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back