Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Start Jackson then sideways to Flanders is my current thinking
I'll start Jackson and when Darcy comes back hopefully he has made some coin to downgrade him to a cheaper player doing well to bolster the bank account.

I read somewhere Ollie Lord might miss some games .

So Dixon and Marshall are the tall timber
Lord injured his knee at training yesterday.

So I guess Port is stuck with Dixon :mad:

Will most likely start the season in the SANFL.

Still building up his match fitness after his ACL.

Hey Nelso what are you honest thoughts on Wines good pick or bad pick?

Hey Nelso what are you honest thoughts on Wines good pick or bad pick?
He is in my team.

Has had a full preseason unlike last year where he was not running until early February.

It remains to be seen if Stinkley is true to his word that Wines will be playing most of his time in the middle.

But with Port's early draw to start the season ( 5 of the first 8 at home) you have to take the chance at that price.

He is in my team.

Has had a full preseason unlike last year where he was not running until early February.

It remains to be seen if Stinkley is true to his word that Wines will be playing most of his time in the middle.

But with Port's early draw to start the season ( 5 of the first 8 at home) you have to take the chance at that price.
With Wines playing midfield Nelso ....whose midfield minutes does that impact more between Rozee and Butters ?

Whitfield, Green, Miller & Flanders too many to be missing for Round 3? Really like the look of them all after yesterday's games and hard to pass up. Thinking I can get away with tanking one week if my main goal is league and not overall? $2,400 left in the bank.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 1.01.10 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team 28 - 10-3 ~.png
This team is built for a cash league, so I prioritized strong starters like Green, Miller, and Flanders. I thought grouping them into the (round 3 bye) Instead of having players scattered throughout the early rounds, was a better play. Hopefully just throw round 3 and be strong in all other early rounds.

With their recent performances also, I believe Green, Miller, and Flanders have good value and are likely to maintain or even increase their price early in the season. I think Wines is worth the risk. Hopefully can go 100+. All other players are very cookie cutter so just hoping for good cash gen early.

Unfortuatnly this team has had to come at the cost of having no Sheezle, Henney and Jackson. Hopefully this won't hurt me too much. I'll just prioritise which ever player looks the best or if anything else pops up. All Rookies seem to have good JS at this stage apart from maybe Sharp.

$6,900 in bank

View attachment 1924245
This team is built for a cash league, so I prioritized strong starters like Green, Miller, and Flanders. I thought grouping them into the (round 3 bye) Instead of having players scattered throughout the early rounds, was a better play. Hopefully just throw round 3 and be strong in all other early rounds.

With their recent performances also, I believe Green, Miller, and Flanders have good value and are likely to maintain or even increase their price early in the season. I think Wines is worth the risk. Hopefully can go 100+. All other players are very cookie cutter so just hoping for good cash gen early.

Unfortuatnly this team has had to come at the cost of having no Sheezle, Henney and Jackson. Hopefully this won't hurt me too much. I'll just prioritise which ever player looks the best or if anything else pops up. All Rookies seem to have good JS at this stage apart from maybe Sharp.

$6,900 in bank
Nice side

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

1710039108010.png

$170k in the bank.

Zilliams is IN after his RD 2 bye (before price rise) if he looks the goods.

Whitfield is OUT at his RD 3 bye, hopefully scores big against North/Eagles + nice price rise, then he can GTFO before he burns me.

Jackson is OUT whenever Darcy gets back, most likely to Flanders.

Want Piggy, Touk and Short in the team by RD 7.

BRING IT ON

Last edited:
With Wines playing midfield Nelso ....whose midfield minutes does that impact more between Rozee and Butters ?
I think you will find that Drew is the one who lose his mid time.

There will still be the odd occasion where Drew will go into the middle to stop an opposition player from running amok.

If Hinkley had any brains (which he does not), it would be all out attack in the middle with Wines feeding the ball to Butters, Rozee and JHF.

Completely changed up my forward line after Greene and Curnow's performances this week, think I'm happier with it now.

1000010733.jpg 1000010732.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
GIDKzMd.png

And not a baw hair to spare.

Defense is a problem with R0 players, though.
7 Premo's with 2 byes. That is really pushing it. You will want the rookies to score heavily in those early bye rounds otherwise you will be playing catch up.

7 Premo's with 2 byes. That is really pushing it. You will want the rookies to score heavily in those early bye rounds otherwise you will be playing catch up.
You're right. The team I had just before that had Luke Ryan, Matt Crouch, and Rohan Marshall instead of Short, Gawn, and Gulden. But it feels mental not taking Gawn and I feel a premo down taking M.Crouch in the middle.

View attachment 1924381
Final version notwithstanding team selection mayhem.

HH skipped on for now. Looking at the hawks board, he's a borderline selection surprisingly. Sub risk? Ditto Pink.

Happy with the bench job security.

I feel like if he plays he scores well. Will probably bring in Wehr and field Roberts if he doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back