Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

We owe this mob.

Played absolutely out of their skins last time against us and everything went their way. Bounces, tin-ass goals going through and umpiring - side note the umpiring that day went seriously under the radar with how bad it was.

Having said that, in doing so and playing the way they did - they laid their cards on the deck for the rest of the comp to see.

Haven't fired a shot since losing 5 of their last 6. They're rubbish in the middle, with their one-wood being rebounding from D50 and linking up mostly through Cameron who is their entire team.

Manic pressure to stop their rebound should be all we need to do.

Not that confident but we should win, we're a better side.

2.0, 2.1 and 1.2 in his last 3. Old man had a slow start to the season. He's probably timed a run for the back half of the season fitness management wise.
Hawkins is done. He actually started off the season is great form and commentators were full of praise. He has slowed right down and seeing him live this is really evident. He is of no threat at all.

Of course he is back for our game!

Not in his prime but he’s still a very good physical see ball get ball player, hasn’t lost the ability to hurt you if you don’t respect him, don’t give him stuff all space to allow him to hurt you…
He’s still a difficult matchup unfortunately, midfield or forward…

Them …

Ollie Henry available for selection as well.

Ollie is a gun, beat them with there best team…
This is what we need to do, beat every team at or close to their best…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carroll started the season with some exciting flashes but hasn't been able to maintain the momentum, unfortunately. Being used as the sub so frequently hasn't helped.

As an aside, the sub rule was stupid before and it's still stupid - I get that bringing it in has kind of been a wink wink grandfathering in of a 5th bench player, but it's still a waste of time.

Agree, however, you just know that when the AFL allow five on the bench it won’t be long before the coaches and clubs start singing from the rooftops that it’s not fair they have only four on the bench for most of the game because of an early injury.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A shame for him but should help with our balance. We played with too many mids against the Bombers. Move Kennedy to the midfield and bring in Motlop to play forward.

Yep, need to get Motlop in the team. He’s proven through match play he’s fit enough now

I’ve just had this feeling all week that we smell blood in the water

We are a different side to 2 months ago

Would love us to put a side away. Frustrating that we don't.

Last edited:
Not in his prime but he’s still a very good physical see ball get ball player, hasn’t lost the ability to hurt you if you don’t respect him, don’t give him stuff all space to allow him to hurt you…

Geelong need to win to stay relevant this season. No surprise they are bringing him back for this game (dangerfield)

Agree, however, you just know that when the AFL allow five on the bench it won’t be long before the coaches and clubs start singing from the rooftops that it’s not fair they have only four on the bench for most of the game because of an early injury.

I wonder if it'll be Scott, Hardwick or Scott who does so first.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that whole excuse is a straw man tbh, I don't think it makes a huge difference. 2 down does, 1 doesn't worry me much.

Besides it's the coaches that have added the stress on the players bodies. They're the ones that decided playing every player inside of 1 half, inside of 60 in some cases, then needing to 100m sprint back to your goals whenever you get the ball was a good idea.

His last hammy was torn bursting through the middle in a typical Dangerfield move.

They may try to intro him carefully in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back