Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Not really IMHO.

Hawkins has played 11 games.

Zero goals in 4 games

Only scored >2 goals twice

4 other Cats players have kicked more goals than Hawkins this season.
2.0, 2.1 and 1.2 in his last 3. Old man had a slow start to the season. He's probably timed a run for the back half of the season fitness management wise.

Not sure if you remember the prelim where marchy towelled up Hipwood and had 20 touches and 8 marks? That was his third last senior game for us.

Even his first game this year against the Kangas which was supposed to be a disaster against Zurhaar (who many on here want to recruit) saw Zurhaar kick one goal on him before Marchy was injured.
The group think on here seems to be that Marchbank can't play and is a liability is a strange one. Yes, he needs continuity, but he is a really good footballer who hasn't had a lot of luck. By which I mean he gets injured a lot but it's not the same injury all of the time like some. Even getting cleaned up by Boyd was just plain bad luck.

Respectfully disagree on his value.

He is a liability one-on-one and is exploited when he has to play as a pure defender. That North game early in the year he gave away multiple free kicks that resulted in goals? As for that Prelim - he only took 1 contested mark.

He reads the ball well and can intercept but he’s a long way off McGovern in this role and Kemp has more upside IMO.

He lacks speed, agility and doesn’t have an attacking game to warrant the opposition to have to worry about him.

Depth player now I’m afraid.

Cheers for inviting Osc1 and I on Friday JustaBattler . When you say bring your own alcohol and $30 each to cover the pizza’s is that just to cover you ?

Well you know I'm a non drinker so bring your own if you must the 30 bucks each is for the cleaners bill for the next day - you two are absolutely filthy little fat animals.

He reads the ball well and can intercept but he’s a long way off McGovern in this role and Kemp has more upside IMO.

He lacks speed, agility and doesn’t have an attacking game to warrant the opposition to have to worry about him.

Depth player now I’m afraid.
Probably my biggest concern. I still remember games where Marchbank would mark the ball, stop, look around and then look around some more, and eventually kick it but in the meantime kill any momentum we were trying to generate.

Our game style is progressing to a more attacking style and using the corridor where possible. Requires good kicking skills and quick thinkers which our current defensive group are executing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably my biggest concern. I still remember games where Marchbank would mark the ball, stop, look around and then look around some more, and eventually kick it but in the meantime kill any momentum we were trying to generate.

Our game style is progressing to a more attacking style and using the corridor where possible. Requires good kicking skills and quick thinkers which our current defensive group are executing.
Similar to the Lewis Young effect when he gets the ball.

Not really IMHO.

Hawkins has played 11 games.

Zero goals in 4 games

Only scored >2 goals twice

4 other Cats players have kicked more goals than Hawkins this season.

Hopefully we're not the team he decides to bring his kicking boots for..like so many have done before him.

There’s only one Jezza and Jeremy Cameron is not him.

Please desist from calling him Jezza.

If anyone around here needs a refresher

Cameron's nickname can be Jerry
Reckon Cameron woukd better suit the moniker of Jezza’s step ladder personally. Graeme Jenkin aka Jerker for the uninitiated.

Calling him Jezza is blasphemy…

Carroll started the season with some exciting flashes but hasn't been able to maintain the momentum, unfortunately. Being used as the sub so frequently hasn't helped.

As an aside, the sub rule was stupid before and it's still stupid - I get that bringing it in has kind of been a wink wink grandfathering in of a 5th bench player, but it's still a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back