Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Changes:

Be interesting to see which way we go from a conditioning perspective this week, I’d suggest that Martin def plays VFL on potential managed mins and Cez would be also be a discussion on this front given the reoccurring issues.

If we are conservative I can see Motlop / Raz replacing Caroll and or Cez replacing Carroll and one of Jessie / Raz to sub.

With the troops back you’d imagine that the likes of Owies and Kennedy would be next inline to make way so they would want to play well. Great problems to have.

Would also not be against Martin coming in for a game or two as sub to allow his body a longer period to pick up and then recover from the pace of an AFL game given his minimal match conditioning. Cats have done similar with Gary Rowan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the following this week.
In Cerra, Motlop, Cottrell
Out Durds Carroll Owies - stiff.

Cottrell to tag Holmes off HB.
Cinc to Duncan or Danger

B: Kemp Weits Saad
HB: Newy Gov Cowan
C: Ollie Crippa Acres
HF: Fog Harry Elijah
F: Mots Charles Cotts

Foll: TDK Walsh Hewitt

IC Kennedy, Cerra, Williams, Cinc, Boyd

Sub, no idea

I think the following this week.
In Cerra, Motlop, Cottrell
Out Durds Carroll Owies - stiff.

Cottrell to tag Holmes off HB.
Cinc to Duncan or Danger

B: Kemp Weits Saad
HB: Newy Gov Cowan
C: Ollie Crippa Acres
HF: Fog Harry Elijah
F: Mots Charles Cotts

Foll: TDK Walsh Hewitt

IC Kennedy, Cerra, Williams, Cinc, Boyd

Sub, no idea
Maybe I'm being sceptical or ultra conservative, but Cerra, Cotters and Martin were all marked as "availability to be assessed after the bye" which to me read more as "we'll be in a better position to know where they're at" rather than they'll be available straight after the bye. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Cerra and Cotters to be available (as well as Martin), but I reckon Cerra is possibly the only one who may be ready based on the length of time he has been out.

Durds did well in the quarter he played but agreed that he and Carroll will make way. After those two, everyone else will be stiff to miss out.

We fielded a fairly ordinary side last time we played them, dominated them in key stats and only lost by 13 points. Since then they have dropped off, we have had some hurdles but improved. Considering this and the form of both sides, I think we would have to make some pretty ordinary mistakes to not just win but win by 4 goals +.
A big part of their poor form has been not having Guthrie and Dangerfield...and Blicavs missed a few games too.

All 3 are back to give them big, mature mids again...guys like Bruhn, Bowes and Atkins not good enough as the main mids but now they'll be back to supporting roles.

If our team last week played theirs, I'd be more confident of a win. Danger and Guthrie transform their midfield.

If we don't make a stamp on this game and come away with the win , then we are mentally fragile and can't progress. We'll be seen as a team of honest plodders who get the job done against most, don't not when it really counts

A big part of their poor form has been not having Guthrie and Dangerfield...and Blicavs missed a few games too.

All 3 are back to give them big, mature mids again...guys like Bruhn, Bowes and Atkins not good enough as the main mids but now they'll be back to supporting roles.

If our team last week played theirs, I'd be more confident of a win. Danger and Guthrie transform their midfield.
Danger hasn't played since last time we played them....

Guthrie? Meh.

Can't see the point in tagging Danger if he's back for this. Only played 4 out of 13 games and hasn't played since our last game against them.
He's still a good player, but not the game changer he used to be.
Against the good teams, Holmes has been their most damaging player.
They'll be pretty close to full strength by the looks of it, but their form has been patchy.
Reckon we get revenge on them in this one and cement our spot in 2nd, half a game clear of the druggies.

Changes?
I guess Cerra for Carroll and Motlop for Durdin if both are deemed good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back