Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little frustrated again with selection.

Tim Clarke says JW/CC/TDK all trained and are good to go HOWEVER some on here saying that perhaps one of them probably won’t get up.

This cat and mouse that match committees play is pointless.Dont think for a second that other teams don’t know if players are in doubt or won’t play.

If a player needs more time to prove his fitness then that’s fine just say it.We’ve selected him but he needs to get through a final test.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trying to be calm but if gov and curnow are both out I go from being really confident of a win to not confident at all. Our backline just seems to lose all intercept ability when Mitch or saad are out of the side
Haha. We picked up 8 injuries last week.

Don't even have a backline. We are basically forfeiting

Tim Clarke says JW/CC/TDK all trained and are good to go HOWEVER some on here saying that perhaps one of them probably won’t get up.

This cat and mouse that match committees play is pointless.Dont think for a second that other teams don’t know if players are in doubt or won’t play.

If a player needs more time to prove his fitness then that’s fine just say it.We’ve selected him but he needs to get through a final test.

Every club does this. The pies just announced Jeremy Howe is injured with their selections. They give the player every chance to be named up until selection

Would you also have them draw an arrow in texta on their body to where the actual injury is to make it easier for the opposition to target?

Agree that the opposition probably have some knowledge as to what is happening but it doesn't make sense to draw attention to it. Let them have to make multiple plans in case of a late change.

I hope Marchbank can get going and he really grabs this game. North Melbourne next week so he probably gets a run of games. I don't think Marchbank has ever been omitted, usually once he is in, he is in, until he is injured.

Reckon Gov gets next week off as well. Would be ideal to bring Martin back for that one, maybe just 3 quarters, but it could be too soon, hopefully he goes well this weekend in the VFL.

I don't like the two rucks, but this could be a game where we get away with it and exploit their defences for lack of height. I just hate the rebound against us when we go too tall.

We should have won last week. We didn't. Doubt we lose two games in a row of games we should win.

Probably only thing that worried me about them is their run, they can be good when they get going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They believe in only two big forwards then, not three. Which means Pitto and TDK are only going to play when one of the big forwards are out. I can work with that.

I dare say this probably means Charlie won't play.

I wonder who comes in. Hewett? Motlop as the sub?
Seeing we are so desperate for another big key back, could TDK fill in there, too, at least as a temporary option?

Been awhile since I’ve felt the need to complain about the match committee.

The ruck experiment is back. Our win/loss speaks volumes. Huge red flag.

Hewett doesn’t get a game. Ridiculous.

Ollie Hollands survives again after 16 bad games.

Sam Durdin emergency from nowhere suggests Weitering could miss.

Kennedy has to be sub. Any of the others and we’ve completely lost the plot.

Would you also have them draw an arrow in texta on their body to where the actual injury is to make it easier for the opposition to target?

Agree that the opposition probably have some knowledge as to what is happening but it doesn't make sense to draw attention to it. Let them have to make multiple plans in case of a late change.

What is frustrating is that the team gets announced and then cryptic clues are left all over the place with other players who may miss.

Hewett is missing for Cerra. Not sure Cerra has actually pulled his weight the last two weeks.

Soapy V is there a bit of doubt over Weitering?

It would be good to rest Curnow and Weitering and still win. We just don't trust this side to do that, especially after the GWS loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back