Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Do you think his fitness is going to improve enough to be part of the finals team? Would hope so but maybe not.
He still has 5-6 weeks so I'd think so. For an already slowish player though it looks like he's bulked up even further which is a concern.

Just have to look at Darcy Jones today to see how important acceleration and nimbleness is for a small forward

The concern is the way we let the opposition score so heavily in such a short period. Premiership sides don't have lapses like we had against GWS.
Disagree, nearly every premiership side has a blip or two along the way. My concern is with us once again being exposed on the outside for leg speed. When team's can get it in space against us we get sliced up big time.

OUT: Cottrell, Fantasia, O.Hollands
IN: Owies, Motlop, Hewett

SUB:
O.Hollands

Martin and Cottrell to prove fitness and form in the VFL. Cuningham can sub if Ollie needs a proper rest.

Walsh to the wing if required to shake a tag.

but that means one of Kennedy or Cerra has to go out. Kennedy does not deserved to be dropped, and Cerra is too classy not to at least play. He can be sub and comes in if our midfield struggles.

Cerra should go to the wing. He looked lost at clearance.

Ollie Hollands gets a spell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t if you win the clearances and have the ball

Correct, just really dumb football in the 2nd quarter where we refused to slow it down and have a few minutes of possession. Let them back in and gave them confidence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One day the 'decision making=speed' fanatics will come to accept that leg speed is a very real factor in the modern game. Doesn't mean we can't win the thing but having a few more fleet of foot types would go a long way for this list.
No doubt Voss predicted this scenario and why George was dropped, despite playing well this year.
Need to continue with pace and quick ball movement to contend this year.

I'd like to see Charlie roam the ground more often when he's clearly being mauled in the goal square.

I’d send cots back to the twos and let him get some run and touch back. I think fantasia has done a really solid job in that roll over the past few weeks and there shouldn’t be any reason to be rushing cots back into the side. IMO

Think it’s time for mots to come in and possibly Cuners. But again, don’t need to play around to much with the side imo

Curnow needs to pull his finger out, poor efforts for a few weeks now other than the Cats game, wants to wrestle when his strength is leading straight at the ball, no effort to chase, loves to stand around and wait for the seagull goal.

Hope he gets a good talking to, play to your strengths Charlie , be the elite player you are.

I havent seen lord play yet - but it would be good to get a bit of zip into our team

gws had a few tiny blokes (who i mostly did not recognise) running rings around us.
Yeah Bedford/jones/callahan ect (there quicker players) had a good night.
They where set up to push us with speed and get us on the outside, was a clear plan by them imo

Three things need to change from last night and quickly:

(1) Contest work. We’ve got a midfield built to win the contested ball. If we don’t, we’ll be exposed on the outside like last night. Bring Hewett back in to support this.

(2) Pressure and tackling when we don’t have the ball. We’ve been close to the best pressure team in the competition all year but went away from that last night. Any half decent side will look good when the opposition puts on little pressure.

(3) Charlie needs to compete. Stop wrestling, start moving. Stop the one hand attempts, jump strongly at the ball. Compete on ground level. Been off for two weeks and more broadly across the year he hasn’t been at his best. His best might be the best in the competition and it’s the difference between playing for a flag and being just another chasing team. Get serious Charlie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back