Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the ressies only Mots and possibly Cunners to be considered.

And as always the Pitto discussion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cooper Lord looked as likely as any of the others. Unfortunately he probably wouldn't have the fitness base just yet, although he's possibly got Motts covered in that respect.

English is not a physical ruckman so Pitto won’t be coming in. Also think that with Naughton missing with concussion, Kemp will get a reprieve.

There are a handful of players whose form is flirting with warranting a drop to the twos.

There’s no much in reserve for the back half other than Marchbank. So beyond Marchy who would only be gunning for Kemp’s spot, if Boyd was to get dropped it would be a magnet shift with Cincotta going back.

If Cunners gets a gig then it’s a huge opportunity for him for his career. Not sure if they’re prepared to name Martin or wait until the week after against the Roos.

I’ve been resolute on Fantasia not deserving a place in the side and hope the penny drops for Voss, particularly on the back of Motts’ game in the twos and Owies doing just as much as Fantasia did in just one quarter

Done a thousand ladder predictors

5-2 from here gets us second

North port saints and eagles to me are all locks, one bad game against gws doesn’t change that

Quite frankly, if we can’t get 1 win out of the rest of the games (dogs pies and hawks) then I actually don’t wanna play finals cause that’s poor

I see us winning 16-17

Ollie has a spell in the twos.
Cottrell replaces him on on the wing. ✅

That leaves a spot at half forward for Jack Martin (assuming he’s fit)

Motlop direct swap for Fantasia. ✅

I think we need to find a way to get Hewett back in to quell Treloar. Cincotta to obviously go to Bont. I’d say Cowan makes way.

Dogs forwards aren’t a massive threat so better to have an extra mid for this game given it’s going to be won at the stoppage.

IN: Motlop, Martin, Hewett
OUT: Fantasia, Ollie, Cowan

Ollie Hollands must have photos to still be getting a game, 5m in the clear and gets mown down by the time the ball drops to his foot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s gonna be a player when he gets to 22/23 yo but he’s being found out and exploited right now. He also takes forever to get the ball on the boot - he has a bad ball drop / kicking action which takes longer than unusual.

I feel Charlie is carrying a knee/ankle issue at the moment. Can run and jump in a straight line but then cannot change direction or follow up, and seems to lack that explosion he’s known for.

It was reported before the game on multiple places that Charlie rolled his ankle in the pre game warm up’s - and it does appear that did impact him during the game and also why he didn’t run to the wings at times or down back either when the Giants made big runs at the end of the second and third quarters

So I’m giving Charlie the benefit of doubt and hope he bounces back against the Bulldogs - still remember that amazing game he played against them right before he broke down

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ollie has a spell in the twos.
Cottrell replaces him on on the wing. ✅

That leaves a spot at half forward for Jack Martin (assuming he’s fit)

Motlop direct swap for Fantasia. ✅

I think we need to find a way to get Hewett back in to quell Treloar. Cincotta to obviously go to Bont. I’d say Cowan makes way.

Dogs forwards aren’t a massive threat so better to have an extra mid for this game given it’s going to be won at the stoppage.

IN: Motlop, Martin, Hewett
OUT: Fantasia, Ollie, Cowan
I don't see Jesse as an automatic in. And from what people are observing in 2's he is perhaps not match fit yet.
Zac is doing a great job up forward so not necessarily depending on Martin or Motlop. Although...Martin would sure be a handy finals player if we get a few games into him.

Cottrell has been really handy for us in the past. Does he need to freshen up via ones or twos though?
And where does this leave Raz? Are they interchangeable?
I wouldn't be moving out The Lock unless he's actually injured or in bad need of a rest.

Last edited:
We have Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett (who didn't play), Kennedy and a rotating Elijah, who gets dropped for Lord
Ollie, Fanta and Cotts were all underwhelming imo.

Cotts looked a bit short of a gallop, will improve.

For me I would say Ollie is under the most pressure. Like the kid, a lot. But physically, he is very easily bumped off the ball.

Don't really expect it, but maybe Ollie dropped for Lord.

We don't need Martin coming in underdone especially when we already have Cotts & Cerra still working back into it.

Besides we don't even know if he's ready for VFL next week yet
Martin has played 1 game since the preliminary final. He needs to play at least one game in the twos to find touch. We’d be doing him and the team a disservice to rush him in.

Got a suggestion from left-field. Dom Akuei played a ripper of a game in the ressies. He has great hands, terrific leap, almost took the VFL mark of the year yesterday. But, alas he could not hold on.

He is 194 cm's and probably 94 kegs. Great athlete, now just showing us all that he might just make it, after all.

With both Weiters and McGov playing a bit wounded, perhaps we may roll the dice on Akuei. Probably a crazy idea, but it just came into my head.

In order for him to play, I guess Cow may be the one to go. Kemp was like a lamb to the slaughter against big Hulk Hogan, very poor match up for us. Brodie will bounce back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting - I have us needing 6-1 for second with Freo having a pretty nice run home

Yep Freo may not lose another game this season but probably will

But I think we also need to go 6-1 because it’s very possible Brisbane doesn’t lose another game from here so they can overtake us if we go 5-2

Going to be a close finish for spots 2-4 and 5-8

Ollie, Fanta and Cotts were all underwhelming imo.

Cotts looked a bit short of a gallop, will improve.

For me I would say Ollie is under the most pressure. Like the kid, a lot. But physically, he is very easily bumped off the ball.

Don't really expect it, but maybe Ollie dropped for Lord.

Issue is Wing now is a very specific role. Not many can do it well.

Ollie is struggling around the contest but IMO there isn't an obvious option. I think Kemp is perfect but to change his role now is a big call

Yep Freo may not lose another game this season but probably will

But I think we also need to go 6-1 because it’s very possible Brisbane doesn’t lose another game from here so they can overtake us if we go 5-2

Going to be a close finish for spots 2-4 and 5-8

We certainly don't want to be 3rd or 4th in a top 4 made up of us and 3 interstate teams. We are going to rue some performances if that happens.

Wow fair enough

So I’m assuming that you gave them a win against Essendon in Melbourne? I’d be stunned if they won that
Yeh exactly only game I have them losing is Giants away from here. But there will obviously be upsets. We just have to keep fronting up and bringing our best - still have some tough games to come

Why wouldn't he have the fitness base?

If he had to do a fitness block to prepare to play VFL, then he may still need a bit more to make the step up to AFL. Mind you, he is going to need more match time in the VFL before considering a change like that.

Besides, he's an inside mid and isn't pacy. We have those guys in spades.

I don't see Jesse as an automatic in. And from what people are observing in 2's he is perhaps not match fit yet.
Zac is doing a great job up forward so not necessarily depending on Martin or Motlop. Although...Martin would sure be a handy finals player if we get a few games into him.

Cottrell has been really handy for us in the past. Does he need to freshen up via ones or twos though?
And where does this leave Raz? Are they interchangeable?
I wouldn't be moving out The Lock unless he's actually injured or in bad need of a rest.

He’s played four weeks in the VFL now and kicked 7 goals in his last two matches playing a combination of midfield, high half forward and deep forward. He’s had a hand in a number of other goals also in those matches.

If he’s not ready now he’ll never be…

Our current small forwards are incredibly inconsistent. Time to have a look at Jesse in there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back