Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollie does get brushed aside far too easily. Not the most physically imposing player, don't know if he will bulk up much or is just genetically thin, having said that his brother is 14kg heavier. Have been many sinewy Michael Tuck types over the years.
Not sure where you get the 14 kilo's stat from. Players weights are no longer allowed to be disclosed. Something about

protecting player's and their mental health apparently.

Cincotta must go to Bailey Dale this week.

Hopefully people have calmed down, Sydney lost as well. We were playing away from home against a good side that was just in bad form. Weitering going down early, midfield having an off day...

Holland, Fantasia, Cots, Acres... That is 4 players for 3 positions.

Out - Hollands, Fantasia
In - Hewett, Owies
I'd consider a Fantasia/Motlop/Cunningham sub

Hopefully people have calmed down, Sydney lost as well. We were playing away from home against a good side that was just in bad form. Weitering going down early, midfield having an off day...

Did you tune in at quarter-time or something? Carlton were on. Hotter than hot. Until they weren't.

It was a sick joke. Same as the Sydney game. Same as the prelim last year.

We've got no idea what to do with an early lead. Better off playing shit in the first quarter deliberately.

Like to see 3 votes P Cripps….2 or 3 from Charlie and harry, Cerra find some form, Blacres some magic, Fog tackle machine, Owies to play some goals, Blues by 28

Fogarty will not be dropped. Cerra will not be dropped and neither will Cottrell. Fantasia and Ollie would possibly make way for Motlop and Hewett. Cottrell would unlikely start sub as dropping Ollie means we would not have enough running players.

Curnow needs a rocket.
Curnow has needed a rocket all season. Yeah he’s leading the Coleman but with the season we’ve had and the opportunities he should be heading for an 90+ goal season.

Did you tune in at quarter-time or something? Carlton were on. Hotter than hot. Until they weren't.

It was a sick joke. Same as the Sydney game. Same as the prelim last year.

We've got no idea what to do with an early lead. Better off playing shit in the first quarter deliberately.
Sydney have been the masters at the poor first quarter, then stomping their opposition in the next two, and we clearly ran out of gas in the prelim. Don’t act like there aren’t genuine explanations for those things other than “we got no idea what to do with an early lead”. That’s such a lazy premise

Curnow has needed a rocket all season. Yeah he’s leading the Coleman but with the season we’ve had and the opportunities he should be heading for an 90+ goal season.

The only stat I care about with Curnow at the moment is tackles.

7 games this year he's laid zero. Hasn't laid one for a fortnight.

Be nice to see him lead by example.

In: Owies, Hewett, J Motlop, (Young)

Out: Fantasia, O Hollands, Cottrell, (Weitering)

B: Newman - (Young) - McGovern
HB: Saad - Kemp - Boyd
C: Acres - Cerra - E Hollands
HF: Williams - McKay - Fogarty
F: Owies - Curnow - Motlop
R: De Koning - Cripps - Walsh
IC: Cowan - Kennedy - Cincotta - Hewett
Sub: Cottrell

EMG: Pittonet - O Hollands - Fantasia
Well Done Ok GIF by funk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cuningham in to take bontempelli.
Cincotta to Richards or dale
Curnow to get on his bike (but without their first and second choice defenders one of him or McKay will have a day out under the roof)
Do the dogs run with a tag coz rozzee wines and butters killed them last game?

Agree the Ollie wing needs to be looked at. He’ll come good but we need another option at the moment.

Not a fan of pushing Walsh or Cerra to the wing as it takes too much away from the contest.

Kemp would work or even a different option like Cowan (not sure if he’s got the fitness though).

Agree, in actual fact I couldn’t give a flying **** about the Coleman medal……. Tbh I couldn’t even tell you how many goals Charlie has or who’s in the top 10 atm without looking it up!

Maybe we need to drop Charlie, we need to let him know what he has produced is not good enough. especially for a player of his quality. I don't think that will happen but something needs to happen with Curnow, elite player when he plays to his strengths, what he is doing at the moment is pathetic for a player like him. Starting to be lazy and try and get the seagull goals, not good enough Charlie.

Define strong? You need role players, not every player is a top talent. If pure talent won you flags, the giants would have 8 by now
Is it possible to have too many role players, even with Cincotta considered one? Can you afford to have role players who don't get much of the ball, instead of players like Hewett, who still plays a role but also hunts the ball and gets his 25 possessions every game? It was just a question, if our balance was right. It seems you think we can, which is perfectly fine.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Crippa,

As a young man I’ve grown up watching a terrible era of the famous club. Throughout that period there was one constant, number 9.

I remember the days of going to school after a smashing, but I’d still hold my head up high and say “at least we got crippa”

Many times he could’ve left, and no one would’ve blamed him, but he stuck fat like a true warrior.

My favourite memory of him was the famous 4 and 40 game against Brisbane. He was at rock bottom the week before, got 11 touches against a first year tagger. No one responds better to the pressure than this man

I’ve quite literally grown up watching him and I’ve loved him ever since he did the no look behind the back handball.

Some may disagree, but for me he could easily end up being our clubs best ever player. To the other 22 players who will go into battle with him this Saturday, go out there and play like you have nothing left in the tank, cause he’s done that from day one

Thank you Crippa for all the great memories you have given me and thank you for the all the ones you will give from here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back