Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan of what Cotters brings.... he's just a mile off it presently.

And Cuners has worked his way into form.

No brainer.
Yes we seem to have forgotten how good Cotters was before injury.
But maybe getting back to tust level via the 2's is a better idea?

B: Cowan Weitering Newman
HB: Saad Kemp Cincotta
C: Acres Cripps Cerra
HF: Cuningham McKay Owies
F: Motlop Curnow De Koning
R: Pittonet Walsh Hewett

I/C: Kennedy, E. Hollands, Boyd, Fogarty

S: Cottrell

In: Cuningham, Motlop, Hewett

Out: Williams, Marchbank, O. Hollands

Cuningham comes in to play the high half-forward, with Cottrell underperforming and Orazio under injury cloud.

Motlop to replace Williams as crumber.

Hewett into the middle as defensive mid, Cerra out to a wing, O. Hollands to find touch in the twos.

Keeping two rucks, because I think De Koning is still carrying something and Xerri will monster him solo.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

For me, bring in both Motts and Martin.

Those two with Owies, Big H and CC up forward - good mix.

They'll need to show Martin respect and they know that. Ditto Mots and Owies.

Motts can get off the chain and kick multiple goals quickly....

Hollands/Cuners/Cripps/Walsh/Bam Bam rotating forward....
for what's its worth, I think we have bigger issues in the middle and down back. too many brain farts and not seeing the hunger a month ago. We all want that pre GWS vibes again.

Big fan of what Cotters brings.... he's just a mile off it presently.

And Cuners has worked his way into form.

No brainer.

No Doubt, my biggest beef is that he is not at a level that he is an immediate inclusion to come back in without a run in the 2's especially when we were travelling well.
What does 2 weeks of poor form do to his confidence now? Do they keep playing him and hope he comes good or send him back to find form?
Even Cerra would have benefitted from a run in the 2's, I know he is a level above, but we were playing well so no need to panic and fix something that isn't broken.

It's the classic BigFooty coping mechanism to a drop in form. Every team's board will say it
I’d normally agree but we did do an extended training load going up to the first bye, Voss mentioned it was a risk but part of the fitness strategy that had changed this year.

Maybe there’s something in it. Didn’t Melb do something similar in their prem year?

Giving Cotts the sub vest won’t see him get his touch back….id give to Cunners or Boyd

Out - Williams - Cottrell - Pitto

In - Motts Hewitt - Cunningham

Newman - Wieters - Kemp
Saad - Marchy - Cinc
Ollie - Cripps - Acres
TKD - Hewitt - Walsh
EH - Curnow - Kennedy
Owies Harry - Motts

Cerra - Cowan - Boyd - Fog - Cunners

Id play Cinc back and Cerra on the outside

Kennedy and Cripps to rotate forward/midfield to give us an extra option up forward….essentially when H goes into the ruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I doubt there is going to be tge wholesale changes people are expecting

Williams out with a hammy, Gov might sit out due to a short turnaround for Port, possibly one more change if we decide to go with one ruckman, but that wasn't the reason for the loss against the Dogs

Hewett should come back in, should never have been drop and expecting or stoppage and contest work to go through the roof

Yeah I'd say George in and Mots and/or Cunners for Zac and/or one ruck.

Happy for Martin to stay in the twos for a bit.

What do you think about Boyd out and Cinc back to half back. Boyd seems to be less and less effective in the last little while.

B: Cowan Weitering Newman
HB: Saad Kemp Cincotta
C: Acres Cripps Cerra
HF: Cuningham McKay Owies
F: Motlop Curnow De Koning
R: Pittonet Walsh Hewett

I/C: Kennedy, E. Hollands, Boyd, Fogarty

S: Cottrell

In: Cuningham, Motlop, Hewett

Out: Williams, Marchbank, O. Hollands

Cuningham comes in to play the high half-forward, with Cottrell underperforming and Orazio under injury cloud.

Motlop to replace Williams as crumber.

Hewett into the middle as defensive mid, Cerra out to a wing, O. Hollands to find touch in the twos.

Keeping two rucks, because I think De Koning is still carrying something and Xerri will monster him solo.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cottrell needs game time not being the sub…back to the two’s.

for what's its worth, I think we have bigger issues in the middle and down back. too many brain farts and not seeing the hunger a month ago. We all want that pre GWS vibes again.
i think the mid issues are readily fixed.

1. A general rocket (sounds like Crippa did that after last week's shocker).
2. GH back in the mix.
3. Cinc in the midfield mix.
4. Walsh to a wing (mostly).
5. Cerra to spend some time at HB or HF...
6. Back to 1 ruck (if TDK is wounded, rest him).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes, the MC has shown itself to be overly conservative....

Problem is Cotts (and to a slightly lesser extent young Hollands) means we're almost playing 2 men down...

Three when we go with 2 ruck and Pitto does nothing around the ground...
I think the only reason we might make more than 3 changes would be due to managing shorter turnaround for Port

Yeah I'd say George in and Mots and/or Cunners for Zac and/or one ruck.
I think we will see 2 rucks again and Fantasia would also be in the mix

Happy for Martin to stay in the twos for a bit.
Traditionally he is okay first up, but with a long history of breaking down, we would be better served with managed minutes at VFL level

What do you think about Boyd out and Cinc back to half back. Boyd seems to be less and less effective in the last little while.
Boyd is okay, just bit off too much with some of his kicks and like all the backline, mids need to provide more pressure

Cincotta is best served as a stopper at HF, who can also hit the scoreboard and rotate a little through the middle

I thought it was an error not to play him on Whitfield and Dale the last 2 weeks

I'd sit him on McKercher this week to stop his drive.

i think the mid issues are readily fixed.

1. A general rocket (sounds like Crippa did that after last week's shocker).
2. GH back in the mix.
3. Cinc in the midfield mix.
4. Walsh to a wing (mostly).
5. Cerra to spend some time at HB or HF...
6. Back to 1 ruck (if TDK is wounded, rest him).
I wouldn't mind Walsh of the HFF (I think we may have done this as some stage last year).

Let him run where he likes over the ground and good luck to a HBF trying to keep up with him all game.

He has the smarts to know when to push hard back into the forward line.

I’d like to show North some respect- however I’d like them to have to worry about us - rather than us worry about them.

😉

North are the type of team who should be beaten at the coin toss. We should have an aura about us that they believe they are nowhere near us.

But you can't create that with the last two weeks performances where we look brittle.

North are the type of team who should be beaten at the coin toss. We should have an aura about us that they believe they are nowhere near us.

But you can't create that with the last two weeks performances where we look brittle.

You’re right - but those last two performances have let the football world know we’re back to “flaky”.

Hewett has to come in.

People bang on about lack of metres gained and not a great kick but he does his role bloody well.

He gives structure to our stoppages with his big strong body and wins his own ball which i would prefer they use him more as rather than a semi tagger.

He gives us that real grunt like Cripps and Kennedy which is a crucial part of our game style; brutalise other teams mids.

Cera and Walsh are more your breakaways who can receive and deliver inside 50.

Just gotta have the right mix on the park.
He’s also probably the best at evading, pivoting, changing direction in contests - buys us time to get the ball outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back