Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the game, and by half time Little Dirty was living up to his moniker! But good teams play shite and win, that's what the Blues did today, and will keep doing so, and really annoying everyone else!! But I'm still not 100% on the TDK bandwagon, big brutes manhandle him, block his jump, basically brutalise him; we'll play the likes of Briggs, Cameron, Cox, and Grundy again in September......

Im really glad we won, i thought we were terrible in the first half, really poor effort from so many players, really looked flat.

Despite the win we really need to call a spade a spade, defensively we are pathetic, the last three weeks we have played three sides out of the finals and conceded over 300, this needs addressing more than any other issue we have going on. Even when we were all over the Roos in the last, we gave them several goals from F50 stoppages, the coaches and players really need to find a solution and quick.

Im glad that Charlie was able to exercise his kicking demons from last week, but he’s another that needs to be held account for his piss poor efforts, several times in the last he just let the North players fly and didn’t even go up for the mark, no effort, no body, no desire, i saw him stay down in a contest he was the target for, hoping it would go over the back. His four goals shouldn’t not gloss over his sub par work rate and the fact he gives up when even slightly out of position.

I’d like to give Ollie Holland and Carrol some praise, I have been really critical of these two, today i thought Ollie had a much more attacking mindset, i have never doubted his effort, but his decision making needs some polishing, Carrol was really solid and had a good game.

Great effort by TDK today, playing banged up, changed his angle in the centre and broke even in the taps in the second half, but got his hands on the ball lots late, providing great surges forward.

Cmon Voss, fix the defence and we are a major chance

So, to be clear:

* lose to Adelaide in the dying moments and could easily fall out of the 8 in the next couple of weeks.

The Pies were embarrassed by the Hawks and are a shell of the team that won the GF last year.

Richmond… are likely to be wooden spooners.

And we sit second.

Great weekend if you ask me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And Geelong and Melbourne loose.....and then Sydney

Magnificent weekend I'd say!!

Kangaroo players were jumping on our backs at every opportunity tonight. Cripps must have felt like he was carrying twins the amount of time he was waiting to get back up off the ground after others got off him. Umpiring as per usual was disgracefully biased to both Cripps and Charlie. Just over it.
I was going to say the same thing. Kennedy copped it, and others as well.

We’re 2 points from playing our first final in Brisbane and 8 points from being outside the 8…

Time for the MC and coaches to stop stuffing around and start playing our best side in their best positions each week…
Absolutely!
Whether it’s a load thing or what, they need to stop mucking around.
Frustrated every time hewett got the ball (and did great things with it ) just thinking of him missing the past fortnight !
Kennedy stiff being used as a backman, has no idea there …
Hopefully kemp needed a break, otherwise the durdin addition is unexplainable…

There’s not much to talk about.

If Cerra holds his spot meanwhile Binns had 47 & 3 goals in the ressies say goodbye to selection integrity.

Surely, you can’t be serious?

I’m happy to concede Cerra has been poor since he returned and IMO should have played a game of 2s before coming back off a long injury lay off (same too for Cottrell), but how can you possibly think having a debutant in Binns in the side over Cerra (who was our best player for much of last year) is what’s best for our side?

These are qualifying games, nothing more, nothing less, Finals are a whole different kettle of fish, we are far from being a mediocre team. Mediocre teams don't occupy second place on the ladder after 19 rounds.
We have been mediocre for three weeks … I’m sure it’s all part of the grander plan but criticising those who raise valid concerns is fanboying at best.

Same but at the moment IMO there are some glaring issues that need addressing.

It can be more frustrating now because our expectations (rightfully) are higher and three weeks of the same poor performance is a concern

Personally I think we have a massive opportunity this year if we can fix a few things

My biggest concern is lack of effort. Given where we have come form it shouldn’t be an issue. We should be hungry

Im not the best analysis of tactics and I’m totally at a loss as to why we are so bad defensively, the last three opponents have scored with ease against us and all of them were out of the 8. So many stoppages, when the opposition get the ball, look like they have no one opposing them and move the ball with ease.

So when this happens every week and it has happened all year, i dont understand how a whole football coaching staff, haven’t been able to address it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really weird game in a way. Hard work, and it seems like we're trying a few different things (maybe in preparation for finals?). Anyway, a wins a win, and I am happy about that. I am expecting 4 points against Port and the Pies also. Looking forward to the Hawks game, which I think will offer a similar test to today.

Really weird game in a way. Hard work, and it seems like we're trying a few different things (maybe in preparation for finals?). Anyway, a wins a win, and I am happy about that. I am expecting 4 points against Port and the Pies also. Looking forward to the Hawks game, which I think will offer a similar test to today.
Hawks will be a much tougher assignment. Can’t believe they’re already good again 😬😬😬

I’m worried more about some of our supporters than my team, that was a good win against a young, fast tough team who will be top 8 next year I believe.
It’s good to be pushed & overcome these things.
Our backline is still a work in progress & our clearances need to b better.
Overall good win. Go blues!
We have a very fickle fan base

People cant enjoy wins. This isnt an easy league anymore

We have been mediocre for three weeks … I’m sure it’s all part of the grander plan but criticising those who raise valid concerns is fanboying at best.
Haha, fanboying? please, I didn't criticise people, I just said people need to allow themselves to enjoy the good times. I stand by that. It's in your hands be happy or choose not to be, your choice. If you're looking for the perfect football team you will never find it. What makes me feel confident is that we still have improvement to come, we have players to return to this team that will instantly improve us as well.

We haven't played our best football in a few weeks, but it's hardly been mediocre. I guess the Swans could say a similar thing having lost 3 out of 4 games. We are part of what is a very tight competition. As it stands right now, we are one of the best teams in that competition. I will enjoy that and celebrate it regardless of whatever label you wish to attach to me.

I was at the game, and by half time Little Dirty was living up to his moniker! But good teams play shite and win, that's what the Blues did today, and will keep doing so, and really annoying everyone else!! But I'm still not 100% on the TDK bandwagon, big brutes manhandle him, block his jump, basically brutalise him; we'll play the likes of Briggs, Cameron, Cox, and Grundy again in September......
Not so sure we'll be seeing Cox in September 😏

Terrible game - won ugly

Gee I feel old

In my day you had to dispose of the footy by hand or foot - not just let it bounce out - it looks like rugby with no offside rule

and don’t get me started on this tackling rule - if the interpretation is somehow correct then the rule has to change - it’s not in the spirit of the game to reward the guy not going for the footy and executing chicken wing tackles

Terrible game - won ugly

Gee I feel old

In my day you had to dispose of the footy by hand or foot - not just let it bounce out - it looks like rugby with no offside rule

and don’t get me started on this tackling rule - if the interpretation is somehow correct then the rule has to change - it’s not in the spirit of the game to reward the guy not going for the footy and executing chicken wing tackles
Couldn't believe the amount of throws the Kanga's got away with today, and kicked at least three goals from them!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Back