Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't say he was bad, just that I don't want him there come finals.
With McGovern, Boyd and Marchbank out and Boyd out of favour there has to be some experimentation. If the same thing happens again in finals I'd be comfortable enough if Kennedy had to go back, although I'd obviously prefer that he didn't have to.

Stephen Bradbury had to work bloody hard for years and years to be in a position to capitalise. A Bradbury comparison is a hell of a compliment.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stephen Bradley made an Olympic Final!!!! And then won the dam thing, so how Moon possibly used it in a derogative manner is beyond me!

Walshy got a knock to the back. We’ll see how it settles - Vossy presser
Kangaroo players were jumping on our backs at every opportunity tonight. Cripps must have felt like he was carrying twins the amount of time he was waiting to get back up off the ground after others got off him. Umpiring as per usual was disgracefully biased to both Cripps and Charlie. Just over it.

Sam Durdin, another Nick Austin Special!!!!
Cerra diabolical again
We are not winning a final playing like that.
Hopefully it is biorhythmic not cataclysmic

Last edited:
Mediocrity is your friend, only when you become comfortable with it.
Finals are not won in July, however.

Said every fat old ex-footballer in an ill filling shirt, showing off a hippo neck, to fill 3 minutes before the next ad break.

I really need to ask but what the flower has Young done to be replaced by Sam Durdin. Surely our match committee aren’t that dumb or stubborn?

Clarkson embarrassed Voss today and nearly pulled off a miracle. Kennedy at full back on Teackle, taking so many injured players into a game and playing Cerra at half back? Damn.

Lucky you get the 4 points today but we are very sore and I’m not sure we’ll survive the next 2 weeks.

Anyway crowd heading back home on the train, very subdued - says it all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Voss coaches from the bench, he’s role would be more of a player motivator…

Hansen would be running tactics and position changes…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand that and I have nothing but admiration for those who have stuck with the club without ever having experienced success.

It's now time to trade that old hat in for a new, happy
, celebratory style!

I'm lucky enough to have experienced the good times before and I am excited to see where this current group will take us, enjoy the ride. I haven't felt this confident in the Club and the team representing it in close to 30 years.

Same but at the moment IMO there are some glaring issues that need addressing.

It can be more frustrating now because our expectations (rightfully) are higher and three weeks of the same poor performance is a concern

Personally I think we have a massive opportunity this year if we can fix a few things

My biggest concern is lack of effort. Given where we have come form it shouldn’t be an issue. We should be hungry

Credit to Matt. He has improved his kicking immeasurably over the last year. Trust him from 40-45m out consistently. Just last year those were the shots that were genuinely pushing his range.

He left one out there tonight from open play but his set shots are bloody good this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, to be clear:

* lose to Adelaide in the dying moments and could easily fall out of the 8 in the next couple of weeks.

The Pies were embarrassed by the Hawks and are a shell of the team that won the GF last year.

Richmond… are likely to be wooden spooners.

And we sit second.

Great weekend if you ask me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would really like to get off that handball to an open man rather than attempt the dodge or break the tackle.
I think that Sammy has struggled the most from the "new" (aka ridiculous) holding the ball ruling. He just needs to work his way through it. Some of the things that he's getting pinged for are impossible to release situations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Back