Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Respect to Pendlebury on 400x games, hell of an effort.

We are a different side when we get our head over the ball like we did in the last 15 minutes of that game, but sadly that hasn’t been happening much since the Geelong game. The moment pundits started talking about us as a flag favourite we started to coast a little and then it all went to shite after that.

Going to have to dig deep from here, hopefully the momentum of that last quarter carries over into next week.

We won’t win another game this year.

This loss will have killed whatever remained of their fragile belief.

Well we know now this group doesn’t have it, last year was as good as it gets without further renovation and a rethink to both personnel and how we play.

Tonight we had only Cripps, Gov, Weiters and Hewett.

Hawks will do a port v swans job on us next week.

We have a team of decent players, and I don't detect any lack of effort.

But the decision making is catastrophically bad, and the general football intelligence is desperately low.

Recruitment needs to be seriously looked at.
I thought the Pies pressure was a notch above us for most of the game. In that last 15 minutes we regained our mojo (that has been missing for 4-6 weeks).

Our players knew how stressful last September was for our supporters and have decided to act accordingly to make the upcoming finals series as stress free as possible by not playing in it.

Not going to watch Voss' presser, but if he says something along the lines of "we'll get to work"... someone scream on my behalf.

* No scoreboard nourishment in the first

* Went away from the way we want to play

* We know what our best looks like and we'll get after it

* I'm dropping Brodie Kemp next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well, the way Carlton have been playing in the last month, we were never going anywhere in finals anyway.

Not sure it's worth the time mate. Spending time with the family I have left is just more valuable than supporting that.... I am about to turn 31. Getting married in November. Have minimal family left living. Why the **** should I waste my weekends / ruin my weekends half a year supporting this ?

What am I even supporting? This club isn't the club of the pre 2000s. Its a different animal.
I'm getting married in November as well, on her 69th birthday. I'm the toy boy at 64...

congrats

Football results mean nothing in the scheme of things. They are just something to distract us from reality. Bread and Circuses.

Last edited:
Tonight just shows that at the end of the day the only blokes we can rely on are Cripps, Weitering and Saad. The rest of them are either work in progress, too fragile or not up to it, and I include Walsh, Charlie and Harry all of whom were poor tonight.

We probably need to miss the finals to get the change we need. Russell and Austen need to go. Austen has left us with a lack of height down back and list depth by re-signing injury prone players. Russell has destroyed Cerra and is on track to do the same to Walsh.

Elijah and Fog were good too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Back