Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

'It's through...no, it's a point...no, it's out on the full'. That was ABC radio's call of the final kick. Plus they didn't say where he was lining up from until the ball hit his boot. A new low in sports broadcasting. Check it out.

Wasn’t to be tonight. Collingwood definitely got the rub of the green and we butchered our chances. Thought gov had it but was clearly not right. I have comfort in knowing we will win every game from next week and 17.
Not sure if it will be comfortable tbh but if we find our form again we should go deep.

Voss almost dropped the “f” for “form” word in his presser but caught himself and went for “continuity”😂

We've gone from having a place in the top two nevermind the top four in our hands, to a situation where we now need to win our three remaining home and away games and hope other results go our way to get into the top four now.

It's just so disappointing i thought 2024 might be the year it happened for us. We've gone seriously off the rails since that Tigers game.

I'm still holding out hope though for a Western Bulldogs 2016 type of scenario here.

Pittonet got absolutely annihilated. How he has another 2 years after this is beyond me. A seriously limited footballer. I’d rather Harry in the ruck full time than him.

Our one-paced midfield got found out. Long down the line footy is just predictable, boring and dumb. Collingwood defended it brilliantly.

Cerra with what, his 3rd, 4th hammy for the year?? The blame lies squarely on Jack Russell and his HP team. We may well never see the best of him because of this year and what it will do to his confidence.

Just gutted.

We've gone from having a place in the top two nevermind the top four in our hands, to a situation where we now need to win our three remaining home and away games and hope other results go our way to get into the top four now.

It's just so disappointing i thought 2024 might be the year it happened for us. We've gone seriously off the rails since that Tigers game.

I'm still holding out hope though for a Western Bulldogs 2016 type of scenario here.
We have greater chance of missing the 8 than making top 4 now.

Pittonet got absolutely annihilated. How he has another 2 years after this is beyond me. A seriously limited footballer. I’d rather Harry in the ruck full time than him.

Our one-paced midfield got found out. Long down the line footy is just predictable, boring and dumb. Collingwood defended it brilliantly.

Cerra with what, his 3rd, 4th hammy for the year?? The blame lies squarely on Jack Russell and his HP team. We may well never see the best of him because of this year and what it will do to his confidence.

Just gutted.

Quite simply Pitto is a back up. Our best ruckman is out injured.

I do agree with your comments on Cerra and Russell however.

That is becoming painfully obvious. We go on these runs of bad form each year where we fall apart. Happened 2022, 2023 and happening now.
From memory it happened under Teague too.

It's definitely an unfortunate part of this list's psyche.

Edit: I checked - we actually didn't do this under Teague, as surprising as that is...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have greater chance of missing the 8 than making top 4 now.
A situation that would've been seen as unlikely and unprecedented at the end of June. The wheels have fallen off the cart big time here sadly.

They just laugh at us every year and we do nothing about it. They are a shit team and they’ve beaten us twice this year.
Coaching/MC has been shit for a while
If it's any consolation and it's only a small one at that, but they won't win the flag this year imo.

It means so much to Collingwood fans

Our board is mental about Carlton losing to anyone each week

We have a longstanding thread dedicated to Carlton (all of you can post and banter there - our mods rarely suspend Oppo fans)

Part of it is the GF losses of 70, 79, 81 (I stood at 79 and 81)

Part of it is we hated being mocked by Harris then Elliott

It is inter generational and our players understand

Is it deranged - a bit

It’s only a game, but not to the club
I'm not sure how you do it, but your best players are never wearing black and white stripes. The maggots won you the game tonight. Easily 3, 2 and 1. Got their own effing downlow.

Because Voss has no idea.

Team constantly getting smashed at stoppages. Makes Kennedy sub.
I agree with you. This team was flying until the match committee tried fixing things that were not broken. Dropping Hewett, Kennedy sub and not being played midfield, experimenting with two rucks, Cottrell straight back into the team, playing Cera at Half back (if we was injured, why play him at all) etc.

We messed with the dynamics of the team and now we are paying the price.

It is sooo disappointing....almost of final round 2022 proportions.
Disappointing that it took until almost all was lost in the last quarter for us to start playing our relentless fierce contested brand of football.
Disappointing that Charlie once again did not deliver in the biggest of games.
Ditto Harry.
And most disappointing of all that after watching almost 2 decades of Pendlebury owning us he was able to put an exclamation mark on it in his celebratory game.

Think we lost this in the 1st quarter, kicked badly, due to having so many shots from long distance, that's selfish footy for me

Next 2 quarters, played with fear of not wanting to lose, rather than playing to win

Last quarter, it was back to playing the game on merit, too little too late

Plenty of selfish play prior to the last, hope the penny drops and things start to turn
1.8 was garbage, there was a few regulation shots in there too and some terrible misses during the game.

A playing group playing with fear, is a pretty poor reflection of the coaches and players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Back