Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

Id go with Weitering marchbank kemp and McGovern (instead of with young) but only if he’s up to it.

McGovern to play small and kemp to finally get a matchup he deserves on a third tall like Krueger or a resting De Goey.

So;
In: Marchbank, McKay, Boyd and Acres
Out: Cotterell, Young, Cowan and Carroll.

Our backline smalls are finally back to where they should be and our wings and back to normal. Cerra to play wing and time on ball. Walsh to do the same.

Collingwood love the wings in Jaicos and Sidebottom. So they need to be looked after. No ball watching or getting sucked into the contest. Acres is very good at keeping width. Cerra and Walsh not so much.
Kreuger is the same height as Esava

Fairly straightforward for me.

In - Harry, Acres, Boyd,

Out -Cuningham, Carroll, Kemp.

Young plays back on Cox, Cerra goes back on ball and Boyd comes back in. Sub could be Cowan or one of Hewett/Kennedy.

If you have sleep apnea or having trouble sleeping, you listen to Brereton, the only bloke in radio/tv history that takes 5 mins to explain a free kick.
I know it’s terrible I have no idea what he’s on about sometimes

Our best is good enough against anyone. Our worst is just the worse of anyone.
This group, including coaches, need to make a decision in what they want. They are good enough!!
As far as I can see, they still don’t want it bad enough, aren’t willing to work hard enough or prefer not to work long enough for the end result. Until they can display a ‘long term’ never say die attitude, we will never be successful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don’t come out brutal in the first, then the same again in the second.
Add in the third & fourth for good measure then we aren’t the team most of us thought they were.
There is no excuse not to play this game like it’s a final.
If 100% aren’t giving 100% for the entirety of this game then stick a fork in us.

We win by six goals because I still believe we’re the team I think we are.

Our best is good enough against anyone. Our worst is just the worse of anyone.
This group, including coaches, need to make a decision in what they want. They are good enough!!
As far as I can see, they still don’t want it bad enough, aren’t willing to work hard enough or prefer not to work long enough for the end result. Until they can display a ‘long term’ never say die attitude, we will never be successful.
I believe they have been working super hard and want this season badly hence the hard work. Only a matter of time before it crosses over on game day. Halfway through the second I reckon.

Sure but as an example, only because our first half for instance was that good we had a lead of 5 goals. 1 goal in the 2nd half wasn’t it?
That is true but I think that is what you get with this Carlton team.

Even in games we have played quite well it is generally a burst of 20-30-odd minutes that gets us the win. Like GWS earlier in the year, Melbourne, *, Port earlier in the year etc. The difference between our good and bad is how well we dig in when the game is not on our terms and absorb the opposition's pressure.

7 losses so far and only one by more than 14 points - I think our floor has risen compared to previous years.

Not sure this is really the case - we have been well below standard the last month and have lost three games to three top-8 teams by under 15 points.
Both Dogs and GWS were out of the 8, and fighting for finals survival when we payed them

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Both Dogs and GWS were out of the 8, and fighting for finals survival when we payed them

There has been very little between 2nd and 13th all year - and now even 1st have come back to the pack. Parity is ridiculous in 2024.

The notion of "fighting for finals survival" is more or less arbitrary when there's 1 1/2 games separating 2nd and 9th. In essence everyone bar Sydney and the bottom 5 are fighting for finals survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back