Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, that's enough.

The next poster who thinks they should have a crack at an individual or a collective reaction to this game is going to find themselves threadbanned. Terms like 'bleaters' or 'shit posters' will see things escalated further.

Let's discuss our views on the match without getting the knives out, please.

I thought we would lose this game. I'm thrilled to have held on. That was a real grind in the last.

The negativity!

If you can’t enjoy your footy club winning by a point against serious opposition, you need to go and touch some grass.

Yes there are things to fix but it’s May and we are 6-3. Chill out.

I think supporters have the right to expect more.

Our list is absolutely loaded with superstars.

We’re better than this.

You just proved my point again. Celebrate what? Losing a 5 goal lead in the wet against a team with 1 day less recovery.

I guess just accepting mediocrity is OK with some people.

Just happy with the win. Melbourne are a top 4 quality side and they were always going to come at us.

Sure, we should've nailed the door shut and we shouldn't be letting a team with 1 day less overrun us in the last quarter but either look at it negatively or take the positive that we're 6-3 and back in top 4 contention.

Long way to go and plenty of time for us to get things right/ improve

We not good enough to win the flag. 1 final win at best. Our team still has too many plodders.
They're laughing at the fact we're celebrating like we won a prelim.
How many times do we have to let teams get closer than we should before people realise we are nowhere near contending right now.
So last year collingwood had two, one point wins, two, two point wins a handful of one goalish wins and won the GF by 4 points. You're comment makes zero sense!

We not good enough to win the flag. 1 final win at best. Our team still has too many plodders.

You might as well pack it in for the year then.

TIpping is irrelevant. We have been exposed, the last 5 games.
Exposed as what? A top 6 side?

We’ve beaten the side currently 3rd on the ladder, and lost by a bees dick to the side currently 2nd and last years premiers. All while battling the worst injury list in the comp. If the only way you’ll be happy is us going 19-0 with a percentage of 200, might need to check expectations.

Arrogance is not seeing the positive in beating a top 4 team - when most thought we would lose.

I guarantee all of the bleaters said we would lose tonight.

Yes, some people seem to think we have a divine right to flog everyone we play.

Id love us to, but we don’t.

I think this side still isn’t where we want to be, and we need to improve and get some pieces to get us there. Also some of the younger guys need to play more footy together.

No side is perfect, that’s impossible with a salary cap and a draft, but we are now in a position going into every game thinking we can win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some stupid acts tonight one of which cost us a goal (Cowan) and the other will cost Newman a week.

We were spent in the last quarter as our game style is taxing.We were by far the better team,answered every time they got a little run.Cerras injury changed the game,Martin and Mitch first game back as well.

People being very harsh here,it’s still only May long way to go plenty of improvement.

BTW dees are our B****!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Newman completely missed him. There would have to be some chance that the dees player goes for staging.

However Nic shouldn't give the umpire the chance to pay it against him.

They are laughing at a side 6-3?

I don’t think we are going that great, we are going ok and seem a seriously flawed side currently. We need to get a lot better but beating a flag contender isn’t something to be angry about.
Laughing at us celebrating that dog shit effort.

We're going fine. But efforts liek that in the last expose us as mentally and physically gettable.

Melbourne are not contenders either imo. They rely on too few.

Last week Pies had 6 more scoring shots and about 20 more I50’s

This week Dees had 4 more scoring shots and, you guessed it, 20 more I50’s

This is not sustainable against the teams we are competing against for Top 4.

100% underwhelming

We had like 20 more inside 50s v Geelong…..

They had a lot of BS shallow nothing entries early.

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama
Some really poor takes here.

Games against the Dees have been like this since Kozzi beat us late in 2022. I think the margin has been a point each time we’ve met.

We were enormous for the three quarters. Cez’s hammy hurt us because he was having a blinder. They got their second win just as Hewett was subbed on.

And frankly we held up in defence. They arsed a couple of goals and got some dubious free kicks and found a third wind.

It happens.

But we won. And right now, while we’re going through this form slump, you take the win and you be proud of it because the Dees are not Norf or Richmond, they’re a top four side.

And if all the talk is about Trac, who did have a monster game (he loves playing us) then fine. I’m still proud of the boys. And I’m happy for the win.

Bloody hell, it’s madness that I even have to justify all that. Why can’t we be happy when we win even if the footy is less than perfect?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going against the grain but that was a massive win for us. Two key men down against a quality outfit who were always going to come hard.

Yes we do need to learn how to win comfortably and yes mistakes were made but to beat a top 4 team with little score board impact from our two towers and two players returning from decent lay offs.

I actually think this win will do wonders for their confidence. I predicted two wins from this tough 5 game stretch and didn't think tonight would be one of them. We hung on in trying circumstances. Next lesson is to play to tempo and notch up some 4+ goal wins. It will happen.

Nah, you can't judge anyone on their emotions in a tight contest like that. They're just desperate to win. It's part of the highs and lows of being a supporter.
I get your take and its probably just venting and yes I used to be that guy that would blow up as I was desperate for
The win but then one day I either matured/found perspective or just realised that life goes on.

You just proved my point again. Celebrate what? Losing a 5 goal lead in the wet against a team with 1 day less recovery.

I guess just accepting mediocrity is OK with some people.
Our last 8 meetings with Melbourne have been decided by 5 points or less. We are two very evenly balanced sides that match each other well. Add in that Melbourne won a premiership with a lot of those players and you will have your answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Back