Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, that's enough.

The next poster who thinks they should have a crack at an individual or a collective reaction to this game is going to find themselves threadbanned. Terms like 'bleaters' or 'shit posters' will see things escalated further.

Let's discuss our views on the match without getting the knives out, please.

Petrecca was a one man army in many regards, we almost lost to a player that was having one of the better games of the season. It was along the lines of the Rozee and Heeney games earlier in the season.

On a whole, I thought we played a great game. The combination of Kemp/McGovern/Weitering is looking nice, I'm really enjoying Cowan in the backline as well. Cincotta has done a great job against two of the most dangerous forwards in the game.

I thought Carlton did a great job of making Lever accountable in the first half, like all great players Lever managed to turn it around. We just need to be more dynamic in our forward line and Martin and Motlop will change that dynamic. I would love another potential Fogarty styled player, it seems nobody has stepped up to play that defensive forward role.

The last four weeks and next week are going to be a finals like stretch of games. It is a great stretch of games to test your structures and processes. We've been found lacking in certain elements and we've adapted along the way.

We should be bullish about the result more so than focus on the negatives of the last 10 minutes.

He was exposed late with a few howler moments too. His being pinged for 2 or 3 HTBs were huge in the 4th and they were bad ones where he just didn't expect the heat and looked slow processing what was happening.

I’m not sure he’s not expecting the heat, I actually like the fact he’s looking for the right option and prepared to take a hit to try and get it there.

His teammates would no doubt be telling him he’s hot, it’s a great trait to have in not being worried about getting smashed

I just think his stride and kicking action is one of long and slow motion compared to others

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a crap colleague he is !
And wtf is he talking about!!!

Umpire decisions?

Ch7 pushing the 'that wasn't a goal' stupidity???
Brown paper bags from way back?

I am crazy proud of our team.

We have integrity

Tell him to look in his own back yard at their racist and violent history.

Plenty of great pies supporters including my lovely horse friend who visits. But this prick is not one of them.

Edited to fix deranged spelling. 🤭

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely. Petracca may have been strong enough to break out of Newman, at worst he likely at least disposes of the ball, but once Crippa latched on as well he was stone cold done for.

Actually, on watching it again, Cripps is there first and has a firm grip. Newman finished it off

If only they paid that more consistently and often, incorrect disposal every day of the week yet same thing happens at least 10 times a game #playon

Cripps looks way more agile than I’ve ever seen him lately. He has been immense. Really enjoying he and Walsh as the 1:2 punch.

I’d like to give Cripps a spell at some stage, we need him agile at the end of the season for maximum impact.

I could see the glee on Luke Darcy’s face from 2 commentary boxes away as he was riding Melbourne home.
This - so much.

I had to pick my daughter up from a concert she attended, missed the second half on TV.

Had MMM on & had to turn over to ABC after 15-20 minutes. You would've thought it was the Melbourne Cheer Squad calling the game. The female caller (sorry, I don't know her - you can see her clenching her fists when Gawn goals near the end) was the worst of the lot.
Luke Darcy hates Carlton and he's allowed to. It just shouldn't come across so obviously in his call.

Blues Radio only for me from now on :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Back