2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps, Curnow and Weitering will be in the team. Walsh is a smokey, but on current form absolutely a solid chance.

For Geelong, Stengle is the best genuine small forward in the comp.

Rankine and Moore are the best hybrids who roll through the midfield and/or push high up the ground. I'd be picking Stengle and one of the other two as forward picket and HFF respectively.

Holmes has fallen off a bit since we've plugged him in here, there and everywhere. His ball use has been too erratic to include as an outside player, I'd say.

Small forward seems to have lots of players in the mix this year. I think Stengle is the best player in that position, but whether the performances are enough IDK.

Noodles Newman making a late charge
Not sure about late. If you hear how some selectors in the media speak about him I reckon hes in atm. Plus his name was on the board on that afl.com video of the selectors meeting.

The half back slots will interesting this year. No clear standout. Blakey, Newman, Zorko, Whitfield, Clark, Sinclair battling out for 2-3 spots. Could even see Harry S being named there if he finishes the year strong.

Sicily having another blinder today is bog at 3 quarter time but shoulder popped out again, looks like they aren't risking him again like the dogs game. Will be interesting to see if he misses any more games because of it.

If Patrick Cripps is not one of the first picked players in your team, you’re simply wrong!

Xerri has to be in the conversation.

Grundy with one of his worst games of the year.

Xerri absolutely annihilated English.
they generally only pick two rucks when multiple rucks are having a terrific year.

xerri has had a decent season, but i dont think anyone aside from gawn really 'deserves' to be all australian compared to picking another half back or midfielder where there are a lot more standout players currently.

Ben King looking likely at this stage.

Doesn’t get a heap of it but very efficient.

Curnow had a quiet game but has the goals on the board.

Feel either Daniher or McKay deserve a spot on the bench as the 3rd tall option / ruck minutes.

Both have been very good between the arcs.

Sicily again staking a claim and moving closer this weekend. Clear BOG before going off injured prior to 3 quarter time. 21 touches, 11 marks, 7 intercepts, 9 score involvements, won every contest he was in and had sublime kicking that led to goals. Played on a mixture of Waterman and Darling and conceded 0 scores and 0 possessions to his opponents, with West Coast not taking a single mark inside 50 for the entire time Sicily was on the ground (and took a fair few in the last quarter once he was off). Like a couple of others, needs to be playing every game though.

Dylan Moore also strengthened his chances with 29 possessions and 2 goals. Rankine did too. I'd love to see both those guys rewarded moreso than the usual midfielders.

Sicily again staking a claim and moving closer this weekend. Clear BOG before going off injured prior to 3 quarter time. 21 touches, 11 marks, 7 intercepts, 9 score involvements, won every contest he was in and had sublime kicking that led to goals. Played on a mixture of Waterman and Darling and conceded 0 scores and 0 possessions to his opponents, with West Coast not taking a single mark inside 50 for the entire time Sicily was on the ground (and took a fair few in the last quarter once he was off). Like a couple of others, needs to be playing every game though.

Dylan Moore also strengthened his chances with 29 possessions and 2 goals. Rankine did too. I'd love to see both those guys rewarded moreso than the usual midfielders.
I think Moore and Rankine (Permitting he doesn't miss too many games) should be locks. Both top of their positions.

Holmes has to be a consideration for the back flank now playing even more there has had a very good year so far, I'd probably squeeze Dawson or Daicos back before him though to allow for how many good midfielders there has been this year.

Cripps Bont pretty much cemented in the side unless serious injury now as well its going to be a very stiff couple that miss out on these midfield spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcombe, Day and Worpel were very good too. If Hawks continue their current trajectory and finish top 4, they could have 5 players in the team.

Mcgrath Weitering Sicily
Dawson Andrews Daicos
Gulden Cripps Merrett
Heeney Daniher Bont
Rankine Curnow Stengle
Gawn Serong Warner

Blakey Ryan Hogan Walsh

Goals and assists round 16:

1. Charlie Curnow 57 (45/12)
2. Jesse Hogan 44 (36/8)
3. Ben King 43 (42/1)/Tyson Stengle (31/12)
5. Joe Daniher 42 (32/10)
6. Marcus Bontempelli 41 (22/19)/Kyle Langford (31/10)
8. Jake Waterman 40 (37/3)/Josh Treacy (30/10)/Toby Greene (22/18)

Cripps 2 best games statistically against the tigers. Will get in due to top 2 team bias. Lot of the top mids getting tagged frequently - butters, merrett, dawson, anderson, warner, but no one will ever go to Cripps, no point stopping his helicopters.
I know you're trolling but even then this is one of the worst takes of the year. Cripps has been immense and not just vs the Tigers.

Cripps is 10th in the league for total disposals but 81st for total turnovers. His ball use this year has been fantastic for an inside mid.

Newcombe, Day and Worpel were very good too. If Hawks continue their current trajectory and finish top 4, they could have 5 players in the team.
Appreciate the positivity but I don't think any are a chance to be honest. Midfield spots are a very high standard with Newcombe having too slow a start, Worpel a bit too workmanlike and Day (I would argue the best of the bunch) having missed too many games.

Still, its nice to see a well functioning midfield (after some lean years in that regard).

I know you're trolling but even then this is one of the worst takes of the year. Cripps has been immense and not just vs the Tigers.

Cripps is 10th in the league for total disposals but 81st for total turnovers. His ball use this year has been fantastic for an inside mid.

This is why no one respects Carlton supporters. You are telling me his ball use is fantastic for a midfielder but he is the no.1 midfielder in league for clangers. There is no proper reasoning with you guys, its just shove navy blue down our throat.

This is why no one respects Carlton supporters. You are telling me his ball use is fantastic for a midfielder but he is the no.1 midfielder in league for clangers. There is no proper reasoning with you guys, its just shove navy blue down our throat.
And who are the top 5 mids for clangers this season?

Gulden
Cripps
N Daicos
Warner

Oliver

Scrub all of them from the AA team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back