2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Max is clearly better at the traditional ruckman stuff. Brodie becomes another ground level midfielder post ruck contest.
Except Max becomes another mid too, which is why he's averaging more disposals than Grundy and the same amount of clearances.

And, as you say, in the ''traditional'' stuff, Max has taken more than double the marks, double the contested marks, gets more hitouts, more intercepts, and has kicked more goals.

Gawn is also 7th in the coaches votes, though I'll concede it's hard for Grundy to get a look in with that star studded midfield.

Zorko putting in a pretty good year off hb. Stat's inflated a little with kick in possessions, but he is one of the more aggressive kicks in the competition. 35 years old and many of us Lions fans thought he might have been pushed in to retirement last year. Pretty impressive.
He's definitely in contention. Should end up in the squad, at least.

If Brisbane make the 8 I reckon he slips in (we know for line ball decisions finalists get favoured).

Round 13 update

B: Nick Blakey - Alex Pearce - Jacob Weitering
HB: Jordan Clark - Sam Taylor - Max Holmes
C: Errol Gulden - Patrick Cripps - Zach Merrett
HF: Marcus Bontempelli - Jesse Hogan - Dylan Moore
F: Tyson Stengle - Charlie Curnow - Jake Waterman
R: Max Gawn - Isaac Heeney - Nick Daicos
I: Zak Butters - Caleb Serong - Chad Warner - Lachie Whitfield
Taylor really?

B: N.Vlastuin H.Andrews D.Zorko

HB: B.Dale S.Taylor D.Houston

C: C.Warner Z.Merrett Z.Butters

HF: I.Heeney H.McKay J.Waterman

FF: B.King C.Curnow T.Stengle

Followers:
M. Gawn
M. Bontempelli
N. Daicos

Inter:
C.Serong
P.Cripps
E. Gulden
M.Holmes

Very very hard to pick. Lots of mids unlucky.

Last edited:
Except Max becomes another mid too, which is why he's averaging more disposals than Grundy and the same amount of clearances.

And, as you say, in the ''traditional'' stuff, Max has taken more than double the marks, double the contested marks, gets more hitouts, more intercepts, and has kicked more goals.

Gawn is also 7th in the coaches votes, though I'll concede it's hard for Grundy to get a look in with that star studded midfield.
Yeah unless Gawn falls off a cliff in the 2nd half of the year, it is his spot to lose. Grundy to make the squad, imo but it's a clear first and second.

Think the team is shaping up a bit like this for me.

Taylor Andrews Zorko
Dale Weitering Clark
Gulden Bontempelli Merrett
Warner Waterman Moore
Stengle Curnow Langford
Gawn Heeney Treloar

Grundy Holmes N.Daicos Cripps
You accidentally put Daicos on the bench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess it depends on how much the coaches value flopping for free kicks. Personally wouldn't have had him in the best 3 players, lucky to sneak into the top 5 on today's performance.
Par for the course for your football understandings

I had

Hill
Wardlaw
Cameron
LDU
Daicos

Ultimately Daicos played 1 good quarter, the rest of the game he was very ordinary. The others were solid throughout.
Good to see you're finally coming around to Darcy Cameron.

👏 👏 👏

But in no universe was he better than Daicos today.

I also find it interesting that we heard all about Bontempelli's dominant, match-winning final quarter against the Pies, when he outplayed Daicos to be the match-winner after Daicos was undisputedly the better player for the first 3 quarters.

But it seems you've taken a more holistic view of the game today, and not placed as much weight on Daicos' match-winning final quarter?

It's becoming more and more hilarious the knots you guys are tying yourselves in...

Good to see you're finally coming around to Darcy Cameron.

👏 👏 👏

But in no universe was he better than Daicos today.

I also find it interesting that we heard all about Bontempelli's dominant, match-winning final quarter against the Pies, when he outplayed Daicos to be the match-winner after Daicos was undisputedly the better player for the first 3 quarters.

But it seems you've taken a more holistic view of the game today, and not placed as much weight on Daicos' match-winning final quarter?

It's becoming more and more hilarious the knots you guys are tying yourselves in...
Tell me which quarter Bontempelli had in that game that was as bad as Nicks first 2 today. Can save you the trouble and just say he didn't have one, Bontempelli's last quarter was exceptional vs the Pies but he was still one of the Dogs best all night before that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back