2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale is having a better year than last year. Should be in at this stage, even in a crowded field.

I think if Moore (of the Hawthorn variety) can creep up to 40 goals by the end of the year he should be close to a lock.

Neale is having a better year than last year. Should be in at this stage, even in a crowded field.

I think if Moore (of the Hawthorn variety) can creep up to 40 goals by the end of the year he should be close to a lock.
I think with Rankine missing so many games Moore is probably locked in now

I guess the question is do you go with a Hybrid type who floats through HB at times such as Holmes, Sheezel, Sinclair or do you go with a more full time HB as in Zorko, Blakey, Houston.

I think it could end up being 2 of the hybrid types on the flanks, an intercept defender in BP and one of the full time HBs in the other pocket. They never pick lockdown small defenders anyway.
Don't worry about formula, team balance & composition, or any that crap. People outsmart themselves with all that shit.
Just pick the most deserving players - the best 22 players of 2024, within the approximate constraints of an actual team.

They're never going to play anyone, so what does it matter? Obviously we can't have Cripps at FB with the Bont at CHB. We've gotta pick the players in some semblance of where they actually played. But I wouldn't pick a lockdown small defender purely for the sake of having one - they've gotta be deserving of AA.

Same goes for the loose rebounding HBs - pisses me off the way the AA defence is always overloaded with these types. Make a decision. Pick one. Two at the most. Don't pick three, FFS... We need to get the best defender in there somewhere, even if he isn't a silky-skilled high possession getter.

Blakey must be in there on one half back flank (or at CHB). Then choose one of Sheezel, Holmes, Sinclair or Zorko for the other back flank. Maybe put one other on the bench.

Not a fan of people shoe-horning 2 wingman into the mix. I see Brad Johnson on SEN has Josh Daicos locked in as one wingman. Bollocks to that. I'd much rather have his brother Nick as a wingman - that makes the team instantly stronger. Or you could have Merrett or Serong.

N.Daicos - Heeney - Gulden
Gawn - Cripps - Bontempelli

Last edited:
Yeah on the Ball Magnets pod. To be fair to him he wasn't saying it to sound like a complete bellend, more that the universe sort of corrected itself with him coming from the clouds to win a 2nd in 2023 after what transpired in 2022. He's also great mates with Cripps so I don't think it was said in any sort of bad faith.

Yeah on the Ball Magnets pod. To be fair to him he wasn't saying it to sound like a complete bellend, more that the universe sort of corrected itself with him coming from the clouds to win a 2nd in 2023 after what transpired in 2022. He's also great mates with Cripps so I don't think it was said in any sort of bad faith.
To be fair - that's exactly why the voting was so generous for him in 2023. It's happened before and likely will again.

In fact, I think we'll see Bontempelli get some 50/50 and 40/60 calls on Brownlow night due to what transpired last year.

I think with Rankine missing so many games Moore is probably locked in now
I see two spots between Moore, Greene and Stengle.

Serong is a lock. Then I have one of Clark/Ryan for a spot at HBF. Clark is having the better year but Ryan has made it before and is one of those guys whose reputation exceeds his actual output, especially in Victoria. Flip of the coin really but I'm hoping it's Clark.

As for bias, I think we just have to accept that nobody over east cares about us and probably never will. It's more like apathy. Most Victorians haven't even heard of Josh Treacy, for example. It is what it is.
Get that chip off your shoulder, lad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still reckon Dale is the best kick in the comp despite maybe not having the best stats of any of the HBs, would be the first one I'd pick if I was starting a team from scratch. Clark, Holmes, Dale would be a pretty deadly half back line.

You should be more concerned about Meek if his form continues
Spider Man Lol GIF

Greene? As in Toby? I wouldn't have thought he's anywhere close to the AA team this year. He's had two or three good games but has been well down on his best (or AA) form for the rest of the season.
I actually think Papley is a bit of a dark horse. A dominant top of the ladder side will get its best players in each part of the field looked at.

Papley's up to 30 goals, 11 goal assists and 119 score involvements so far.

Stengle's at 33 goals, 14 goal assists and 105 score involvements.

Moore's at 27 goals, 18 goal assists and 112 score involvements.

Greene's at 24 goals, 18 goal assists and 101 score involements - and still has to play today.

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back