2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah they mightn’t be the FASTEST but they are fast and their elite tanks mean they only get stronger relative to their opponents

It’s why Charlie generally gets a bunch of footy late, no defender can match him for fitness
Very true if your working at 85 percent in the last qtr and the others are at 70 percent that speed testing can go to sleep if there is probably no more than 3-4 percent in speed difference between most players.

No size? Cripps is easily the biggest midfielder in the game

One paced? Treloar is very quick and you omitted Daicos for some reason who mightn’t be the quickest but has amazing agility meaning he can break away too

Literally wtf
I was referring to Serong's size. Daicos isn't a mid to me. I don't want a guy that's afraid to win a hardball. I'd prefer him on the half back line.

15.3 vs 13.6 and 8.1 vs 7.4 are fractional differences but 8m more per game is worth noting? Lmao :drunk:

View attachment 2064295
I think all these stats are close enough to be marginal. Both slightly "winning or losing" in different advantages of their games. In the end at this point in the year they are both in the best few mids for the year and will likely go top 5 in pretty much every award

I was referring to Serong's size. Daicos isn't a mid to me. I don't want a guy that's afraid to win a hardball. I'd prefer him on the half back line.
Daicos is a mid, he mightn’t win a hard ball but he does a loose ball and he gets plenty of it

If the Pies had an elite midfield without him he would be elite at half back, but he is necessary there and has been great most weeks

15.3 vs 13.6 and 8.1 vs 7.4 are fractional differences but 8m more per game is worth noting? Lmao :drunk:

View attachment 2064295
Welcome to the entire point. Like I’ve said the entire time, there is very little difference in most of their stats and most here agree they should both make the team, but Neale is a better ball user with better breakaway speed, and in my opinion he has been the better player this season.

Every player has some sort of weakness. No player has the complete package. Even Dangerfield had his knocks on him as the most elite player of the competition at various points in his career.
Yeah absolutely, every player has their weaknesses. Like I’ve said the whole time I think both Neale and Cripps should be in the team, but if I had to take only one of them, I’d be inclined to go for Neale.

Prime GAJ was arguably the closest to a complete player without a weakness that I’ve seen.

Welcome to the entire point. Like I’ve said the entire time, there is very little difference in most of their stats and most here agree they should both make the team, but Neale is a better ball user with better breakaway speed, and in my opinion he has been the better player this season.

Yeah absolutely, every player has their weaknesses. Like I’ve said the whole time I think both Neale and Cripps should be in the team, but if I had to take only one of them, I’d be inclined to go for Neale.

Prime GAJ was arguably the closest to a complete player without a weakness that I’ve seen.
Yes, but GAJ's weakness at GC is he was a star, but stars help their teammates shine and he rarely did that because he took on too much responsibility and that was his knock. In fact there were times where GC performed better without him.

errr, you realise a hard ball get isn't a contested possession...
Any ball in dispute is a contested possession.

CONTESTED POSSESSION

A possession which has been won when the ball is in dispute. Includes looseball-gets, hardball-gets, contested marks, gathers from a hit-out and frees for.

CONTESTED POSSESSION

A possession which has been won when the ball is in dispute. Includes looseball-gets, hardball-gets, contested marks, gathers from a hit-out and frees for.

Daicos is the loose ball king of the AFL.

It’s where he gets the majority of his contested possessions.

Daicos is the loose ball king of the AFL.

It’s where he gets the majority of his contested possessions.
Oh I'm not interested in that side of things. I'm just pointing out that a hard ball get is indeed a contested possession

CONTESTED POSSESSION

exactly..so you can have plenty of contested possessions and not have 1 hardball get. How many squibs from Daicos do you need to realise that he shirks most hardball gets. Back flanker for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong is proving that size has nothing to do with it. He's season and stats show that...
Having that hard big bodied midfielder as being essential has long gone. The game isn't the same as it was in the 90s.

I think the taller midfielder who can take contested marks would be very well regarded.

First you say that spud in 31 that plays for you is a star, where really he is an embarrassment to a great number.
Now you say Daicos isn't a mid, even though he is one of the better centre clearance players in the comp.

Danny, you need to stay away from Clarry and Smith's associates.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back