2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

With so many deserving or close to aa nominations hard to understand how Freo didn’t make the finals.
Joint highest AA squad members and most players in the 22under22 - your comment is what so many of us Freo fans are asking ourselves today - how do you go from being 2nd on the live ladder at 3/4 time in Round 20 and end up finishing 10th on the ladder. The club has a lot of questions to answer to a pretty pi$$ed off fan base.

For all those complaining about Rayner, what other player in the squad has a 173 page Bigfooty mainboard thread dedicated to them. Exactly.

Perception and media driven bull____. Rayner kicks 25 goals as a medium forward in a top 8 side and gets a aa nom. Stringer in the same role kicks 42 in a crap side and gets crucified. Go and figure that out.
Strange selection agreed.

Essendon only got the two players selected, Merrett and D'Ambrosio - oh, wait there a minute

Has Cam Rayner really had a good year? I admit I haven't watched a lot of Brisbane this season but I just looked up his stats & aren't anything special surely this is a squad only... 15 disposals 25 goals??

Hawthorn players have a funny history of being denied positions in the All Australian team when they appear an obvious choice.

Watch Rayner make it over Moore. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I could make a case for Stewart and Guthrie. Typical as in balanced and accepting a club who finishes third has three genuine guns who got them there..? Good luck with your token pick.
I did not think Guthrie played much this year. Can’t believe you haven’t got Hawkins in

The main surprise is Rayner over Rankine to be honest. Even with Rankine missing 8 games, he was still one of the best forwards in the league this season.

Rayner had the 5th most total coaches votes for any forward this year with the top 4 (JHF who Champion Data are calling a mid-forward, Cameron, Hogan and Moore the others).

I wouldn't pick him in my final team because he still missed 8 games but I think he had a better year than Rayner even with 2/3rds of the games played.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back