2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Just an All Australian question- I saw that Ben Allan won the Hawthorn best and fairest in 1991 when they won the premiership and he wasn’t named All Australian, can anyone name any others that have done this?

Found Prestia 2019 and Yeo 2018
Any others?

Just an All Australian question- I saw that Ben Allan won the Hawthorn best and fairest in 1991 when they won the premiership and he wasn’t named All Australian, can anyone name any others that have done this?

Any others?
Gary O'Donnell 1993
Brett Ratten 1995
Andrew McLeod 1997
Anthony Stevens 1999
Josh Gibson 2013
Cameron Guthrie 2022

Jason Dunstall 1988 and 1989 but a different team back then, so he probably doesn't count like earlier versions as well...

Last edited:

Any others?
Brett Kirk in 2005. There's more of them than you think.

The ones I can't understand are like Fred Goldsmith in 1955 - won the Brownlow but wasn't B&F. The Swans B&F voting has thrown up some strange ones.

Gary O'Donnell 1993
Brett Ratten 1995
Andrew McLeod 1997
Anthony Stevens 1999
Josh Gibson 2013
Cameron Guthrie 2022

Jason Dunstall 1988 and 1989 but a different team back then, so he probably doesn't count like earlier versions as well...

Wow, you’re voted the best player in your side and you are the best team and can’t make the All Australian side! Too many there.

Wow, you’re voted the best player in your side and you are the best team and can’t make the All Australian side! Too many there.
A lot of bnfs give votes for every game so even if you’re not top 5 on the day you get votes.
The winner normally comes from the best player to play every game.
AA Brownlow mvps you can miss a game and win.
Fyfe was AA and MVP in 2015 but didn’t win the BNF

Any others?

Sam Mitchell won a Brownlow in 2012 (and made it to the Grand Final) and didn't even make the AA team.

I think Priddis was the same as well (minus the Grand Final part).

Any others?
Josh Gibson 2013

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Lachie Neale did this last year as well?
Yep Brownlow last year in GF team. Second by one vote to Andrews in the BnF. Was top 5 in the Coaches Award and most other media awards. But was left out of the AA team, overlooked for a few guys who on most metrics did worse than him

Gov should be in there 100%.
Going through all the stats that matter as a key defender and I thought it would be Sam Collins he would displace.
Nope, seems he should displace both Ryan and Weitering from the team the AFL Website has up.
He has been crazy good defensively this season. Contested beast.

Maybe neither should make it, but I can't have Luke Ryan over Bailey Dale. Ryan pumps his stats up with kick-ins, and is not even as effective with them as Dale is, who is one of the more accurate and creative kicks in the league coming out of half back (his target hitting in gusty winds last week was a clinic).

I'm not sure neutral footy fans have appreciated how good his season has been.

Last edited:
Blues and pies have one each

Expect swans to have 4 and I’d like to see hawks rewarded with all three

Will be interesting to see Freo and if they are punished for their last month

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back