Trades 2024 Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1989213View attachment 1989212

Butters comes in with $140k left over for next week's upgrade, so upgrade cadence is great despite being out of boosts as of 3 weeks ago but still being able to bring in Mez, Ryan and now Butters.

Have now completed my DEF and MID, with English to come in following his terrible bye for Sweet after he has maxed in price.

In the meantime, will be targeting Zorko, Rankine, Moore at this stage.

Very nice team mate

still going to voice this unpopular opinion whenever I can.. but i cant wait for unlimited trades.

I’ve been advocating for this for years

It makes so much sense and addresses so many pain points through maximization of skill (or minimization of luck)

Similarly if you think of SC as a “product” through the lens of trades, then unlimited trades = more “product” to be consumed

Which in turn grows the value of the game as well as the ancillary business opportunities; I.e., increasing the size of the proverbial pie

Going through a lot of trade permutations this week, but they all look pretty good:

1715738061670.png

Stuff all confidence in the JS of these cheap bubble rookies, but at some point we HAVE to downgrade to something to free up $. I like Breville's DPP (and ability to make toasted snacks), I like Sullivan's mature agedness, and maybe I even like McAwful's hopes of sticking around in a decimated Tigers outfit. Hmmmmmmm.

I’m thinking Reid > Sullivan and Graham > Martin, Stewart or McGovern.

It leaves my forward line thin though with four rookies, plus Clohsey at D6 and a rookie at M8.

Plans changed after last weekend when Graham was dropped and Clohsey and Darcy both reset their BEs, so holding off trading them for now.

Anyone have any thoughts.

IMG_7470.jpeg

Very nice team mate
Thanks mate! Been patient with my team, and made an emphasis this year on grabbing the best cashcows early (Sharp, Dempsey etc) in order to afford the top tier premos when others have opted for the cheaper alternatives.

Happy enough with the number of top averaging amongst each line. In total have the Top 13/15 highest averaging players to date, and the breakdown below for top averages in each line:

Top 4/6 DEF
Top 7/8 MID (includes Green, whose AVE is cooked due to injury)
Top 1/2 RUCKs
Top 3/6 FWDs

Would be keen to see how everyone else rates. :)

Thanks mate! Been patient with my team, and made an emphasis this year on grabbing the best cashcows early (Sharp, Dempsey etc) in order to afford the top tier premos when others have opted for the cheaper alternatives.

Happy enough with the number of top averaging amongst each line. In total have the Top 13/15 highest averaging players to date, and the breakdown below for top averages in each line:

Top 4/6 DEF
Top 1/2 RUCKs
Top 3/6 FWDs

Yep mate ....great side, you've got all the key movers

Interesting that Shelby in sticking with his value strategy, is having a real tough time .....I was of the opinion PS, and remain so ...that with the early byes, having high scoring keepers was preferential to a dominant value option, which if they fail ....puts you right behind the eight ball

Thoughts on this? undecided on zorko or rankine | sullivan or reville.

Attachments

• SC 2.PNG
    SC 2.PNG
    237.2 KB · Views: 44
  • SC.PNG
    SC.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 44
Yep mate ....great side, you've got all the key movers

Interesting that Shelby in sticking with his value strategy, is having a real tough time .....I was of the opinion PS, and remain so ...that with the early byes, having high scoring keepers was preferential to a dominant value option, which if they fail ....puts you right behind the eight ball

Thanks lad! 100% agree, I listen to his poddies weekly and thought the same thing. Now he has been playing catchup by bringing in Reid after fading him to start, where most are using him to bring in a premo.

I think the value option is more suited to and greater likelihood of paying off in Fantasy, but in SC there is a stark divide between uber premos, premos and mid-tier value options. You'll also need to eventually need to move on the mid-tier value for premos anyway at some stage, so you'll burn through trades very quickly compared to the traditional maxed cashcows into premos. I guess that is why the unlimited trade avenue works well for him in Fantasy.

But must say, this year the cashcow/rookies have been very kind to us with nice scores onfield, when other seasons they have been hit and miss. Throw in the extra 4 trades compared to last year and it could be one of the stronger upgraded teams yet.

I’ve been advocating for this for years

It makes so much sense and addresses so many pain points through maximization of skill (or minimization of luck)

Similarly if you think of SC as a “product” through the lens of trades, then unlimited trades = more “product” to be consumed

Which in turn grows the value of the game as well as the ancillary business opportunities; I.e., increasing the size of the proverbial pie
Strongly disagree. Who cares about the HUN making more $$$. Reduce the trades back to 20-25. More variation in final teams. Was a much better game 10 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strongly disagree. Who cares about the HUN making more $$$. Reduce the trades back to 20-25. More variation in final teams. Was a much better game 10 years ago.

Yep agree

If i had my wish we have the same number of players in our teams but the emergencies switch in and out depending on scores. The highest scores of the 22 count similar to the bye rounds

This also stops looping which I HATE and go back to just one Captain score, none of this VC/C looping nonsense

Top 4/6 DEF
Top 1/2 RUCKs
Top 3/6 FWDs

5/6
4/8
1/2
3/6

Can be a misleading statistic of team strength though, I bought Dawson in for a avg of 121 vs if I picked Walsh 105. An in form Dawson probably beats a few of the current top 10 for ROS average.

If people bring Ryan at 131 and end of season it finishes at 120 your not getting a 120 player your getting a 112 player which is not worth the price of 666k, so averages are a good indicator of potential but can be misleading if looking at your team versus season averages.

5/6
4/8
1/2
3/6

Can be a misleading statistic of team strength though, I bought Dawson in for a avg of 121 vs if I picked Walsh 105. An in form Dawson probably beats a few of the current top 10 for ROS average.

If people bring Ryan at 131 and end of season it finishes at 120 your not getting a 120 player your getting a 112 player which is not worth the price of 666k, so averages are a good indicator of potential but can be misleading if looking at your team versus season averages.

Nice! Yep, it'll obviously fluctuate and even out as the season progresses (slow starters vs fast starters and slow finishers vs fast finishers), but a good indicator to check in as we approach mid-year and look to finalise our teams. Heck, only now are we starting to get a look at who the top FWDs are, and even then this could all change in a month's time! :drunk:

Reid to Fisher? Will make you some money at very least.
Am actually revisiting this, my voluptuous bovine counterpart.

Really not overly excited about this weeks $102k bubble boys and am looking to bring both Zorko and Rankine after their byes (Rankine possibly sooner depending upon cash flow and circumstances) , Jackos breakeven is 95 so even if he goes large this week he won’t go up that much. Jack Macrae is another I’m watching and his BE is 103. No harm in waiting there either. Curnow/McKay are other R15 targets both with triple digit BE’s, so I can wait there as well.

Fisher doesn’t seem like that bad a shout now that King Colby could be missing for a few. Helps my bye sitch if his role sticks.

Also:

IMG_6672.gif

I could trade Harley, swing Chlohesy to mids and bring in Fisher, opening up a Fwd/Def loop with Comben.
Not sure what to do with Sheezel and Powell though.
Feels like I need to go sideways on at least one of them, but down to 20 trades already, with only 14/15 genuine premos.
Doing my head in this week.
Any suggestions Legends?

View attachment 1988551
16 premos plus Powell by my count mate ;)

Let’s BOTH bring in Fisher so we can BOTH melt when his inevitable spudliness (it’s a word, trust me, don’t google it though) shines through.

Ok I’m stuck

Option 1:
Howes/Graham out Houston/NMartin in
Reid out Reville in

This option leaves me with Houston or NMartin at D2 with Clohesy slotting in at D6, however my D7 will be Graham who’s currently out of the side.
Leaves me with 19 trades and two boosts
4 upgrades to make
D6
F4
F5
F6

Option 2 Boost:
Howes > Fisher
Graham > Stewart
Reid > Reville

This option leaves me with fisher at D6/7 with Clohesy for this week, with the plan to move him forward once a DEF rook shows up. Stewart scares me a little but for someone of his calibre at 500k after being tagged last week idk if I can pass up
This would leave me with 18 trades and 3 upgrades to make
Wilson (F5)
Darcy (F6)
Clohesy (D6)

Which one?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Am actually revisiting this, my voluptuous bovine counterpart.

Really not overly excited about this weeks $102k bubble boys and am looking to bring both Zorko and Rankine after their byes (Rankine possibly sooner depending upon cash flow and circumstances) , Jackos breakeven is 95 so even if he goes large this week he won’t go up that much. Jack Macrae is another I’m watching and his BE is 103. No harm in waiting there either. Curnow/McKay are other R15 targets both with triple digit BE’s, so I can wait there as well.

Fisher doesn’t seem like that bad a shout now that King Colby could be missing for a few. Helps my bye sitch if his role sticks.

Also:

View attachment 1989625
Peatling probably the other option with GWS's outs. He should get a decent run.

Finding an F6 is easy. It's finding the right f4 and F5 that is the issue.

F6 is Wilson for me atm, looks like a keeper.

Heeney, Flanders, Rankine, Jackson, Wilson, Darcy.

That's my forward line. Darcy I'll probably downgrade to a rookie so I can use the money to get my final 3 defenders in.

Last edited:
Yep agree

If i had my wish we have the same number of players in our teams but the emergencies switch in and out depending on scores. The highest scores of the 22 count similar to the bye rounds

This also stops looping which I HATE and go back to just one Captain score, none of this VC/C looping nonsense
Bank needs to be around $8m in round one.
This makes coaches bring in few premos, more mid pricers and rookies.
Too many similar teams round one.

Which Wookie this week?

View attachment 1989708

Or

View attachment 1989711

I’ll sure I’ll pick the wrong one.
Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back