Preview 2024 Round 16 Sydney v Fremantle (SCG) 1.45pm (AEST) Sat 29 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose we're down by a couple at 3 quarter time. We've started winning some ball, but the forwards aren't converting. Amartey is cooked. Who are you bringing in to pinch a late one: Parker or Fox?

it wouldn't be to "pinch a late one", that would have to sort itself out ... but parker, because he's luke parker
but of course we wouldn't have the luxury of knowing the circumstances when we decide on the sub
and by that stage of the season i still have a sneaking feeling parker will be in the side ... i just couldn't explain how
mills will be there
the basic answer is that parker is still a better player than fox, so ...

I just don't think Fox is an automatic selection. Happy to see Cleary given a bit more game time but with Mills and Parker on the horizon, Fox may struggle, particularly if Campbell can keep his head above water.

I just don't think Fox is an automatic selection. Happy to see Cleary given a bit more game time but with Mills and Parker on the horizon, Fox may struggle, particularly if Campbell can keep his head above water.
At this stage I think Fox is in the team as a defender or sub for his versatility or playing VFL.
Campbell and Roberts are in similar circumstances. If Mills and Parker are in the 22 none of these guys are.

When everyone's fit I'd take Fox as sub over Parker, Roberts or Campbell. Nothing against those guys, I just think in a big final if a sub is called upon we need to be able to plop him wherever is needed with as minimal disruption to the team's structures as possible. Fox is best suited to this.

When everyone's fit I'd take Fox as sub over Parker, Roberts or Campbell. Nothing against those guys, I just think in a big final if a sub is called upon we need to be able to plop him wherever is needed with as minimal disruption to the team's structures as possible. Fox is best suited to this.

Agree

I think Fox , Parker, Roberts, Campbell is my order in terms of how I think they both handle being sub and they versatility.

it wouldn't be to "pinch a late one", that would have to sort itself out ... but parker, because he's luke parker
but of course we wouldn't have the luxury of knowing the circumstances when we decide on the sub
and by that stage of the season i still have a sneaking feeling parker will be in the side ... i just couldn't explain how
mills will be there
the basic answer is that parker is still a better player than fox, so ...

just re-read my post ... it's a bit confusing
i meant to say i'm sure mills will be in the side by finals

just re-read my post ... it's a bit confusing
i meant to say i'm sure mills will be in the side by finals
I thought you made a mistake there. Mills is in when he is ready. There is no dispute. I agree. He has a versatility that is second to none. He can literally play anywhere except ruck. Though he may be rusty early. May take game time to get him to peak performance. This may take time. But we need him if he can hit the ground running.
Parker, alternatively, has a fight with the inside mids.

I’ve attended all our home games this year with my son, and my daughter has come to a couple as well.
Now neither can attend tomorrow’s game so my wife is coming for the first time this season.
So what you might say? Well my wife is notoriously a bad luck charm 🐈‍⬛🤷‍♂️ … so “if” we lose against Freo, it will be 100% because of my wife 🤦‍♂️😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve attended all our home games this year with my son, and my daughter has come to a couple as well.
Now neither can attend tomorrow’s game so my wife is coming for the first time this season.
So what you might say? Well my wife is notoriously a bad luck charm 🐈‍⬛🤷‍♂️ … so “if” we lose against Freo, it will be 100% because of my wife 🤦‍♂️😂

Please tell her to stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back