Not open for further replies.
I've got strong faith in

McCreery
Dean
Fin
Allan (although may want to go home)
Harrison
Reef

The rest are either not upto it or haven't been given a chance.

You don't win flags with your 23 and under group though, its your middle tier guys (24-30) which carry you to a flag.

Bobby, Q and Richards are 24.
Jaicos and Kreugs are 25.
Lippa, Schultz, Sullivan 26.
Noble and Maynard 27.
Moore and JDG are 28.
McStay and DC are 29.
Crisp 30, Checkers and Elliott are 31.

The nucleus of our side are at a fantastic age, that's 16 best 22 players in the age bracket you're after. Just missing some key pieces in very important spots of the ground.

Found it fascinating that Naicos was the second youngest player on the field tonight. Crazy he is only 21.
Oh for sure, I just wonder where the improvement is going to come from, especially when some of the older guys retire.

The 24-28 group looks solid, but going into next year there's a few that will retire and a few that will be another year further into their age-related decline.

But yeah, think a lot comes down to the trade/FA period. If you top up well there, can definitely go again. Not entirely sure what your cap situation is at the moment though, so don't know whether that's realistic or not.

Oh for sure, I just wonder where the improvement is going to come from, especially when some of the older guys retire.

The 24-28 group looks solid, but going into next year there's a few that will retire and a few that will be another year further into their age-related decline.

But yeah, think a lot comes down to the trade/FA period. If you top up well there, can definitely go again. Not entirely sure what your cap situation is at the moment though, so don't know whether that's realistic or not.

That's the biggest thing mate. We don't have great options in terms of draft assets, but according to reports we may have upto $5 mil in cap savings coming up within the next 18 months.

Would be nice if we could finally land a genuine KPF or KPD and mid (would love LDU)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good half from English, Rozee, Houston and Bont.

Butters and Stewart less good (Stewart OK) but v glad I didn't captain the former.

Butters with a real stinker of a half. No impact at all points wise!

Need one of those big Halves to save a score.

Stewart with some late junk to get to a ok ‘ish’ half time score.

English 🙌
Bont 👌
Stewart 😑

Butters 🤮

You do you bud. But do we need to do a welfare check on Scoops today? Not sure you can really blame Dawson for coping a head knock can you? Everything good with you mate?
Can't blame him for copping a head knock, bur end of the day, it's another poor score.
When folks with threadbare cover are copping an average replacement score of 100-odd from the random rookies in weeks you might expect to.profit from depth, an 80 from a good starting point from a 'premo' is not much chop, whether it's his fault on this occasion or not 🤷‍♂️
World's most expensive paperweight next week to boot.
Beats Rowell, at least, that bloke has forgotten how to play footy.completely.
On the bench, thank Christ.
Biggest fall from grace I can recall. Maybe he's carrying something, has definitely had some role.shifts.
Crazy.

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

1721472386091.png
1721472454680.png

Well done to the Hawks, btw, what a smashing, age and injuries have caught up with our blokes a bit like the Catters the year before, but Hawks are on a roll and the win was outstanding from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back