Game Day 2024 Round 19 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/293

Some weird swings with the scoring in the last qtr of last night's game.

Somewhat tempted to take the VC score of Merrett. Have an inkling that the popular captain choices will struggle this round.

I have Neale but I reckon Jordon will go to him.

WIll look at the weather conditions later in the day to see what it is like down at the Cattery and might choose Bont as captain.

I have Tom Green, Steele, Rozee and Walsh.

Need to bench one and not E them.

Probably Steele I guess but he does have a weak Eagles side.

Looking at stats, I may bench Walsh.

Eagles give up big points to Steele type players, same with Tigs for Rozee and GCS can be 50/50 for Green. Factor in that Shiel may go to Walsh?

Stringer is diva central
Zero defensive intent unless he can collar a bloke without taking more than 1.5 steps, and he gives blokes a rinse a fair bit.

Surely the only person in the entire football world who doesn't realise this is Brian Taylor.
Then again he barely knows the names of any interstate player out there.
(Genuinely, the other commentator had to take over at one point last night because he didn't know half the Adelaide squad. 🙄)

3/293

Some weird swings with the scoring in the last qtr of last night's game.

Somewhat tempted to take the VC score of Merrett. Have an inkling that the popular captain choices will struggle this round.

I have Neale but I reckon Jordon will go to him.

WIll look at the weather conditions later in the day to see what it is like down at the Cattery and might choose Bont as captain.
Freezing in Geelong. High winds and probably rain.
Miserable day

Star Bomber Jye Caldwell will be available for next week's critical clash with St Kilda after passing his HIA in Friday night's thriller.

Brad Scott below

"The rules are there for a reason and for a good reason, so he had to have a head injury assessment (HIA) which takes time."

"The fact that he passed that and was fine is sort of cold comfort because we just couldn't wait unfortunately."

"Obviously we didn't want to sub him off but we felt like we had no choice because just the stage of the game."

"We might've got him back for the last five minutes, perhaps, but we just made that call... subbed him off to get the fresh player in."

SuperCoach is becoming a lot more luck based due to 1. The concussion rule and whether or not your lucky to avoid it or not with players you have selected.

2. The stupid bloody sub rule, it needs to go asap. Just make it 5 on the bench

3. Tackle suspensions, one week its players getting 3 weeks and other weeks its players getting off on the same thing. The rule interpretation week to week is so inconsistent.

Love the game but if your lucky/unlucky with these things it’s a huge swing in where you sit

It's been luck for a long time IMO.

Agreed sub rule can get in the bin.

Graham sub again

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to take a chance on Rowell, rather than take Dowling's 83

We'll see if that is a silly decision or not shortly :straining:
This is his final - final chance in my team!

I've dusted myself off from the carnage last night with Dawson and Caldwell.

Hopefully no more carnage today but that is probably just wishful thinking.

Sinclair, Steele, Marshall, Green and Flanders in the early games followed by Naicos, Bont, Mannagh, Butters. Rozee and Houston.

Couple of important games first up to set up a good Saturday.

VC Sinc
Steele

Green
Whitfield
Flanders

If I work away with a 120+ VC score and 400 points between the other 4 I’ll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back