Game Day 2024 Round 21 Discussion - Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having Curnow on hasn't hurt me with all cashies having him .

Sheezel C flop and hurts.

But still in nearly all 6 finals so we got that still.

Saints vs Lions huge. Hoping saints take it up to them and Steele and Marshall go large. New boy Sinc and my man Dunks.

9/1179 C

On the back foot in all my cashies and leagues of note. Every Kent seemed to get saved by Walsh and Houston’s last quarters! The ebs and flows of SC! Kents!

Players today.
New recruit Moore
Whitfield
Green

Jackson
Young
Brayshaw
Caldwell
Zerrett
Martin

Zorko
Dunkley
Steele
Sinc

going to need 2600+ to win cashie etc.

IMG_3752.jpeg
Bont vc and he had curnow yet I’ll probably still lose because of bloody tags. Such a sht feeling watching players like treloar get 30 and 3 every week but Merrett isn’t allowed to run free ever :(

Nelso did you see this coming?
The turnaround in the last few games has been extraordinary
I did not see it coming and I am still not convinced. Have seen it all before with Port under Hinkley.

The real test is in September. Port has not won a knockout final since 2014.

This year the premiership is their for the taking for any team. Just have to time your run to perfection.

I did not see it coming and I am still not convinced. Have seen it all before with Port under Hinkley.

The real test is in September. Port has not won a knockout final since 2014.

This year the premiership is there for the taking for any team. Just have to time your run to perfection.
Wasn’t that long ago we were smashing GWS in a fairly easy manner late in the season.
Only to get our pants pulled down by the same team in a final at home 4 weeks later.

or beating the Bulldogs in a final round match, only to lose by 12 goals to them at home in a final a fortnight later.

It’s all about finals, the game plan and whether it holds. Hasn’t really done so for a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afternoon Coaches and Happy Finals week. Best of luck to all 🫡

Went into this round thinking I'd have a punt on Peatling, given his recent numbers and the probability he keeps a spot in light of his contract situation.

However, that leaves me a lot in the bank (last trade) and I could go up all the way to Dylan Moore. Obviously I care about points/H2H wins not spending funds.

Now, I am currently projected to lost my EF by just 4pts. Opponent has D Moore as one of his two remaining PODS. If I did the swap I'd be projected to win as Moore is expected by the algo to outscore Peatling. I think that has some pretty weak assumptions based on his sub appearances, but whatever.

Question is: would I be nuts not to cover Moore, or should I be maverick and role with Peatling?

Cheers for the input coaches.

9/1159 Sheezel

Whitfield, Briggs, T Green/Greene
Caldwell, Young, Serong, Draper, Jackson
Sinclair, Steele, Marshall, Zorko

Will probably lose my main league match unless Neale has a shocker, but fortunately I have the double chance

Went into this round thinking I'd have a punt on Peatling, given his recent numbers and the probability he keeps a spot in light of his contract situation.

However, that leaves me a lot in the bank (last trade) and I could go up all the way to Dylan Moore. Obviously I care about points/H2H wins not spending funds.

Now, I am currently projected to lost my EF by just 4pts. Opponent has D Moore as one of his two remaining PODS. If I did the swap I'd be projected to win as Moore is expected by the algo to outscore Peatling. I think that has some pretty weak assumptions based on his sub appearances, but whatever.

Question is: would I be nuts not to cover Moore, or should I be maverick and role with Peatling?

Moore is your safer bet, but sometimes you need to throw caution to the wind and trust your gut and if your gut says Peatling, maybe you should follow it

I would make that call based on who gets more CBA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back