Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t wait for the shiny long haired princess that is Hayden Young to burn all his previous owners this week with a clanger filled 73 🫡

Uh Oh Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Trade assist is spot on this year. Solid trades!

1711358052817.png

I'm definitely doing two of these, the third will be another I have in mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Noticed a few trading Daicos. It is a gamble but the cash-grab could pay off with tough games vs Brisbane, Hawthorn and Maginness, then a bye.
Good luck to those who do. But not too much!
I'm holding the stud. He could smack another 130 this week, then finally break the tag the week after. I'm backing him in after two big tons in games we lost.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My trades at this stage look like this.
Young > D'Ambrosio +$300k
Dawson > Serong +$20k
Sexton > Powell - $130k
Bank for next week: $221k

Young will turn it around, but when?
I'm not sticking around. 70 + 62 to start the year does not inspire confidence. Mass is scoring well, is cheap, and a great B/E. I can see I'm one of many doing this.
I have 3 premo DEF already (NickyD, Sheez, Stewart), with Williams and Mass at D4/5. I can take the downgrade, especially knowing McKercher and Roberts might be DEF eligible soon enough. Howes sits at D6, with injured pair Reid and Coffield staying on the bench for at least another week.

Dawson reminds me of Neale circa 2021.
Neale cost $700k+ yet proceeded to burn many teams into the ground. The advice was to hold him. "He'll come good". "It's only a matter of time". "Don't trade premos!". Nah-uh! He played 6 times for one ton, and dropped $150k before he was forced out due to an injury that the Lions didn't tell us about. Kents!
So is Dawson carrying a niggle? Or does Nicks prefer him to be a negater now? How long will that last? Too many question marks over someone sitting at M2, when I could have one of the young studs sitting there in a 40 trade year.

Sexton is unlucky.
I have got all the right rookies, but he's the fall guy for Powell. 2nd most CBA's for North and scores of 95 and 129 are great for a player that's a FWD priced at $320k. He'll easily make $100k with an 80 average, and likely make more. Also just about guaranteed to get DPP and will be a handy swingman over the byes.

Leaves $221k in the bank

1711359697102.png

ROUND 4 trades
I'll use that $221k bank to help get Tom Green into the side (trade Billings via Jordon).

Worst MID/FWD rook > Darcy
Billings > Tom Green

Mids will then look very tasty with Bont, Serong, Green, Miller, and Steele.
I'll have only FIVE rookies playing at this stage - three MID, one DEF, and one FWD. Only four rookies if I play Lazzaro!

giphy.gif

Got no idea what you’re getting at, at the start of the post

If Windy is your guy then go for it. I think he’s still fairly premature in terms of being a great scorer and he could pop out a 60 or 70 at any time.

We’ve seen enough of Ryan over the last few years to know he’s not in a purple patch. He is a complete premium and you won’t have to worry about his position in the team for the rest of the year.

Furthermore, you've argued you're saving a trade with Windhager. Do you really see him being a keeper?
Just saying there's no correct formula. Most will upgrade Young, or use the cash from a Young to Mass trade to upgrade elsewhere. I'm saying that I need to deviate from the pack because I'm so far behind and my team is so bad. Especially with best 18, it makes it harder to make up ground.

Yeah Ryan is a jet, but he only averaged 105 after his first couple monster scores last year. He could do the same. He's a genuine premo for sure though.

I think he could be a D6 keeper for sure. Everything I've read over the preseason and seen tells me he's number 2 mid behind Steele. But, in the short term he can make quick cash and help me make up some points (Henry had 40% CBAs in rd1, he's now out for 6-8 weeks; BCrouch is playing VFL; ZJones is underdone; Dow and HClark still out injured; Phillipou not ready)

Feels a bit early to be set on trades, but
IMG_8483.png IMG_8487.png IMG_8488.png
Would leave my plans next week to be
Fisher -> Darcy/McInnes
Billings -> Tom Green
Zilliams -> Hore/Pink

Prepared to sell out for Butters and Green before I have to find 4 players to trade to get them in down the track.

Happy enough to correct Reid and Coffield during the byes as best 18 will cover them and won’t need to upgrade week after getting Green in.

Happy to let go of Nic Martin as I’m getting better production out of players like McKercher and Roberts (both who I think get DPP after the byes) who will be a good hold.

Also really like Tom Powell’s role with all those CBA’s. Think at worst it’s a top 8 forward with the role which I’m happy to pay $312k for

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one is a better trade in?

McKercher for value+
vs
Powell for value and possible keeper?
McKercher DPP will be handy down the track. Can easily see him getting to 450k and could at worse be a good D6/M8 if the role stays.

I personally have both but would prioritise Colby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i feel like not grabbing dempsey this week is a big mistake..
Many thought not grabbing Berry was a big mistake. He's a good choice, looks a player but with so many fwds and space needed for Darcy next week it depends a lot on individual team structures. I'd consider Mass, Kerch and Powell higher priorities for those who don't have them tbh

Many thought not grabbing Berry was a big mistake. He's a good choice, looks a player but with so many fwds and space needed for Darcy next week it depends a lot on individual team structures. I'd consider Mass, Kerch and Powell higher priorities for those who don't have them tbh
well said. its really about individual priorities. i have coffield and zreid. inc r3 donut, having 3 dead rooks this early on is very dangerous.

1000040221.jpg

luckily i grabbed mass last week for gibcus, and swung daicos back to cover o.mcdonald.

defensive rookie shiteshow.

McKercher DPP will be handy down the track. Can easily see him getting to 450k and could at worse be a good D6/M8 if the role stays.

I personally have both but would prioritise Colby

Might get whacked for this but personally think McKercher will begin playing more up the ground and on the wing.. No point having 3 lethal kicks all playing behind the ball when you have nobody replicating that forward of centre. Fisher and Sheezel seem the most obvious to keep in the back 6.

Team balance makes much more sense too.. I could be wrong but don't think he gets DPP or generates 250k if he moves up the ground.

Agreed, Dempsey looks great but elevated price also makes it harder.. Darcy, Reef, even Macrae in full games all other alternatives. Answerth pending role but may be another. Not all forward rookies ready to cull yet either. His breakeven is juicy though.

Might get whacked for this but personally think McKercher will begin playing more up the ground and on the wing.. No point having 3 lethal kicks all playing behind the ball when you have nobody replicating that forward of centre. Fisher and Sheezel seem the most obvious to keep in the back 6.

Team balance makes much more sense too.. I could be wrong but don't think he gets DPP or generates 250k if he moves up the ground.
Agh!
Now you’ve got me second guessing my T Berry to McKercher trade…

Thinking of trading a Mid / Def like Windy into the mids this week so I can do a single Zac Reid > Darcy next week. Need Reid out and Darcy in so 2 birds if it's set up right
I like Windhager too and have been thinking along similar lines. My one worry with him is that this happened last year too. He had an outstanding game and then went failed to back it up.

Probably has a better role than Bramble moving forward who is the obvious alternative, although Bramble could also get some more chips given the Richards injury(?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back