Trades 2024 Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I totally Spuded up the Bont Price ...Clanger for me. I'm a muppet 😂.

I guess I'll have to see how Cadman and Ollie Dempsey go .
Sharp and Julia should keep the money rocking .

Sexton easy trade to Garica...not much cash in that trade , but future cash Gen .
If Clark Sub he's not no money in him to trade dead cat 3 times 😢

I wanna have money for Bont or tracc the week after .

The Croms looked better with out Crouch . IMO.
Nah we absolutely smashed them in the middle and around the ground. If we kicked straight it's a different narrative.

Rankine didn't make a good case as a mid for the majority of the game, 2 touches to half time, Berry out injured. Think Crouch walks back in

Personally I don't think Crouch adds much, if anything he takes away from the strengths of Laird & Dawson.
Sorry for team talk .
They prob need at least one faster Kent at each centre bounce.

Nah we absolutely smashed them in the middle and around the ground. If we kicked straight it's a different narrative.

Rankine didn't make a good case as a mid for the majority of the game, 2 touches to half time, Berry out injured. Think Crouch walks back in

Zerrett was a beast .
Durham been good .futher bomber mid of the future

Plan pre round was to do everything to bring in Gawn and move Jackson back to fwd line.
Now with most of the team now becoming defender DPP’s.
Final boost is whispering in my ear
“use me, abuse me“….

Time to take Dawson is now. He may turn back into a spud but I think he has turned the corner, Crows need him kicking to himself from Defence to the Forward line.

Other target is Garcia nice downgrade.

Then i am also so tempted to get SWalsh. Worse case is if his back breaks again and the jabs stop working, by that time sideways to Oliver.

Going to be a cruel week choosing which cows to cull.
Sanders going, maybe Dempsey.

Plans could change if Drury plays a good game to then be a double upgrade for Rd 8.

Plan pre round was to do everything to bring in Gawn and move Jackson back to fwd line.
Now with most of the team now becoming defender DPP’s.
Final boost is whispering in my ear
“use me, abuse me“….

Time to take Dawson is now. He may turn back into a spud but I think he has turned the corner, Crows need him kicking to himself from Defence to the Forward line.

Other target is Garcia nice downgrade.

Then i am also so tempted to get SWalsh. Worse case is if his back breaks again and the jabs stop working, by that time sideways to Oliver.

Going to be a cruel week choosing which cows to cull.
Sanders going, maybe Dempsey.

Plans could change if Drury plays a good game to then be a double upgrade for Rd 8.
Roberts and Fyfe might be close to being maxxed out and ripe for upgrade?

Crouch will be straight back in, been their best mid this yr by some distance. Soligo has to stay in there gives them a spark and X factor. Dawson needs to be in there as well. I think Laird should be the one to lose more mid minutes.
Rankine will be effected also

Crouch has no other role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roberts and Fyfe might be close to being maxxed out and ripe for upgrade?
I see Roberts, Fyfe, Reid as either break glass in case of emergency trades.
Prefer to keep them season long with their DPP coverage. At least through the big byes, re-evaluate then.

With only 6 of 22 games played at end of round there is a long way to go to work out who is going to be top players in each line.
Might take a few fallen Premo’s to fill out midfield and run one or two F/M and M/D at M7 & M8 and double down with another two DPP’s on midfield bench who should be topped out by midseason byes.
Buy Low !!!

Also selling deadwood first before becoming handcuffed to them. Need to keep the cadence of cash generation going from bench players until byes.

The next 5-8rounds will sort out the men from the boys.

“It could all come crashing down but that is SuperCoach”!!!

Assuming both at ~$550K, who to get first?

Dawson vs Stewart?
Your backline is stacked by the looks of it:
Houston, Yeo, McGovern, N Martin next week, Daicos, Young, Mass, Zilliams and Bonner next week. That is unless you’re looking to get one of them up to Stewy, I’ll go Dawson.

ATM you have Green Bont and Butters as pure SP mids, so I’d look to get another fallen SP in your case.

Crouch will be straight back in, been their best mid this yr by some distance. Soligo has to stay in there gives them a spark and X factor. Dawson needs to be in there as well. I think Laird should be the one to lose more mid minutes.
Laird looks like he has lost a bit of touch and not as hungry for the ball or tackle.
Crouch hasn’t improved their midfield clearances even though he gets a good read at stoppage's. It is a bit different around the ground on wing stoppages. So make him play that role.
Dawson has to play both the defensive general and midfield designated kicker.
The keys for the crows seem to be Soligo and Rankine improving their disposals out of the centre. Too many were rebounded.

Your backline is stacked by the looks of it:
Houston, Yeo, McGovern, N Martin next week, Daicos, Young, Mass, Zilliams and Bonner next week. That is unless you’re looking to get one of them up to Stewy, I’ll go Dawson.

ATM you have Green Bont and Butters as pure SP mids, so I’d look to get another fallen SP in your case.
Yes positional wise, but with DPPs it doesn’t really matter

Purely $$$ for points.
So from here in - Stewart vs Dawson

Mass & Bonner are going to be traded out

Purely $$$ for points.

I would say Dawson is main target of the two. Easier for him to be top 8 Mid for rest of season than Stewart being a top 6 (Stewart should definitely be top 8 but with some of the DPP’s moving to defence he may average just below 105 unlesss he pulls out some big 170’s.

Purely $$$ for points.

Toss a coin then.

Dawson will be next week for mine, with Stewart a couple down the track.

Purely $$$ for points.

If it ain't broke then why fix it.

I am in no hurry to shift all my new shiny mid DPP’s to defense.

If Massimo, Zilliams and Clohesy are all averaging 85-95ish together til byes and they’re making cash with low BE’s than make hay while the sun is out.

Think I may get 10 new Players with added DPP flexibility.
Mostly Defenders from mids and fwds.

Squeeze every cent out of every players Break Even may mean the difference in getting say a Merret or Serong or other near $700k player from now til the byes.

When the rookie river runs dry
You will return to the trade all the time
When the river runs dry
Spuds will rain on you one last time

Last edited:
I guess I'll have to see how Cadman and Ollie Dempsey go .
Sharp and Julia should keep the money rocking .

Sexton easy trade to Garica...not much cash in that trade , but future cash Gen .
If Clark Sub he's not no money in him to trade dead cat 3 times 😢

I wanna have money for Bont or tracc the week after .
i-see-what-you-did-there-eyes.gif
Love a Grinspoon reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back