Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

NORTH have a couple of easier matchups .....I'm having another look to see if Powell's role reverts back to a MID

Surely Phillips gets dropped, and the Curtis mid role changed back to that of a small fwd
Yeah, I'll wait and see how North's team looks before I make a call on Powell. Thankfully they play on Sat, so we'll be able to make a decision before a ball is bounced.

Yeah, I'll wait and see how North's team looks before I make a call on Powell. Thankfully they play on Sat, so we'll be able to make a decision before a ball is bounced.

Depends on your team

For me, Heeney, Flanders and Fyfe are locks. HReid and SDarcy are too, based on high ceilings and ability.

Leaves F6 and seeing as Wilson plays North and seeing how shit Powell looks to the eye, Powells an easy trade out.

Another thing is the saints midfield are all slow moving taggers. Won't suit Powell as he's just as slow.

Powell has a lot of coin on his head at risk if the fwd role sticks, not sure what it will be but BE should be high and a 40 washing for 2 more weeks

rough guide - he'll drop about $10k and new BE around 115

rough guide - he'll drop about $10k and new BE around 115
Jim Kelly Kick GIF by Warner Archive

Powell has a lot of coin on his head at risk if the fwd role sticks, not sure what it will be but BE should be high and a 40 washing for 2 more weeks
Forward premos suck, 90 average is enough at the moment. If he goes back to the middle and starts pumping out 90s again, you've saved a trade and are ahead of the pack with premos on field. There is no clear and obvious FWD premo trade target, so you're bringing in a DEF or MID premo for him, meaning it's another rookie on field up front.

You'd want to see some indication that he's playing midfield again. For example some combination of a training report saying he's training with the mids, Phillips being dropped, coach says Sheezel will remain down back, and Curtis will remain forward, etc.

Depends on your team

For me, Heeney, Flanders and Fyfe are locks. HReid and SDarcy are too, based on high ceilings and ability.

Leaves F6 and seeing as Wilson plays North and seeing how s**t Powell looks to the eye, Powells an easy trade out.

Another thing is the saints midfield are all slow moving taggers. Won't suit Powell as he's just as slow.
From what I've seen of Powell, he looks good, really impressed me. I have no idea why they took him out of the middle. There are superstar players that are slow, you just need the right balance.

I have the same 5, plus Wilson, plus Comben, depending on trades I can loop Wilson/Cadman at F6. I have options, I just know that if Powell gets 75%+ CBAs again he averages 90+.

NORTH have a couple of easier matchups .....I'm having another look to see if Powell's role reverts back to a MID

Surely Phillips gets dropped, and the Curtis mid role changed back to that of a small fwd
While you are at it, can you keep an eye on LDU & provide a detailed report - semi interested

From what I've seen of Powell, he looks good, really impressed me. I have no idea why they took him out of the middle. There are superstar players that are slow, you just need the right balance.

I have the same 5, plus Wilson, plus Comben, depending on trades I can loop Wilson/Cadman at F6. I have options, I just know that if Powell gets 75%+ CBAs again he averages 90+.

Very confident Norths starting 3 are LDU, Wardlaw and Sheez/Gimpkin with McKercher now having Sheez HB role.

Depends on your team

Leaves F6 and seeing as Wilson plays North and seeing how s**t Powell looks to the eye, Powells an easy trade out.

My forward line after I roughie Fyfe back in kentie.

Heeney, Flanders, Fyfe, Reid, Darcy, Wilson (Comben. Sexton)

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward premos suck, 90 average is enough at the moment. If he goes back to the middle and starts pumping out 90s again, you've saved a trade and are ahead of the pack with premos on field. There is no clear and obvious FWD premo trade target, so you're bringing in a DEF or MID premo for him, meaning it's another rookie on field up front.

You'd want to see some indication that he's playing midfield again. For example some combination of a training report saying he's training with the mids, Phillips being dropped, coach says Sheezel will remain down back, and Curtis will remain forward, etc.

Absolute bog average footballer. Still cannot believe Norf selected him over Logan McDonald when they were in desperate need of a KPP. Small dime a dozen mid at pick 3.

In regards to Powell, had 5 CBA's and had 2 centre clearances on the weekend. Averages 5 clearances a game, had 16 tackles a few weeks ago against Brisbane. Looked like they went with the Philips and Simpkin (absolutely cooked) combo and shoved him on a half forward flank. Makes zero sense.

I get Powell has his defensive limitations, but a midfield mix of LDU/Wardlaw with combination of Powell/Sheezel/some speed is a much better mix than the trash they shoved out on the weekend.

Very confident Norths starting 3 are LDU, Wardlaw and Sheez/Gimpkin with McKercher now having Sheez HB role.
Sheez only had 14% CBAs.

I think Clarko is losing it and is very desperate (the media are absolute dogs, everybody knows their list is gargage, just leave them alone and give him some time).

Phillips 57% and 37% (almost every CBA when you look at his TOG)
Curtis 26%
Sheez 14%
Powell 14%
Simpkin up to 60% and 54% the last 2 weeks

If Phillips gets dropped and Curtis stays forward (both SHOULD happen), then Powell can still get ~70% CBAs

They're trying to use Sheez to generate scores, so he's starting at half forward or wing and running into the contest. Less so at CBAs. So LDU, Wardlaw, Simpin and Powell should all be 60%+, then a couple here and there for others.

You need more than 3 mids in today's day and age. Most teams will have 4 guys at 50-60% CBA and they will also have guys roll up from a HFF. Powell just sat in absolute no mans land territory for 3 quarters because the ball didn't get anywhere near him.

Sheez only had 14% CBAs.

I think Clarko is losing it and is very desperate (the media are absolute dogs, everybody knows their list is gargage, just leave them alone and give him some time).

Curtis 26%
Sheez 14%
Powell 14%

If Phillips gets dropped and Curtis stays forward (both SHOULD happen), then Powell can still get ~70% CBAs

They're trying to use Sheez to generate scores, so he's starting at half forward or wing and running into the contest. Less so at CBAs. So LDU, Wardlaw, Simpin and Powell should all be 60%+, then a couple here and there for others.

Think Simpkin as skipper has most likely had some choice words with Clarko about playing HFF and cracked it and Clarko has given in, thinking a bigger body might help the other mids, ala also destroying the development of young guys like Powell.

Some of the defensive efforts of Simpkin would not want to be viewed when you're a captain and leader of a football club.

Sheez only had 14% CBAs.

Curtis 26%
Sheez 14%
Powell 14%

I just feel like Sheez should have playing mid all along this year and i will go with my gut that Clarko will start playing him like the pies play Naicos.

Even if you are right, he's not making money and he's not a premo scorer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back