Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

As a third trade, is Steele to N.Martin too sideways? Steele scares me a bit with a BE of 190, I think I want to jump ship this week just in case.

Ideally would upgrade him to Butters or Merrett, but haven’t got the extra cash after bringing in Green this week.

Martin looks good, and can swing him back which leaves me two more mid spots to fill (ideally Butters and Merrett)

Thoughts?

(Edit: or bring in B.Dale for the cash grab?)
Martin will be a top 6 defender and has a great draw coming up but I’d proceed with caution in case Scott moves the magnets

As a third trade, is Steele to N.Martin too sideways? Steele scares me a bit with a BE of 190, I think I want to jump ship this week just in case.

Ideally would upgrade him to Butters or Merrett, but haven’t got the extra cash after bringing in Green this week.

Martin looks good, and can swing him back which leaves me two more mid spots to fill (ideally Butters and Merrett)

Thoughts?

(Edit: or bring in B.Dale for the cash grab?)
I originally had Martin coming in this week .....then I thought, ESS is coached by a Scott .....having successfully thrown Martin fwd last week, is this something that could happen again this week ?

So, I've just gone off Martin ....maybe a bit of paranoia from me

I'm holding Steele another week ....let's hope it was a one-week injury, and we don't see a truckload of tape on that knee

I've gone Serong now .....bye related, also a good matchup against RICH

I originally had Martin coming in this week .....then I thought, ESS is coached by a Scott .....having successfully thrown Martin fwd last week, is this something that could happen again this week ?

So, I've just gone off Martin ....maybe a bit of paranoia from me

I'm holding Steele another week ....let's hope it was a one-week injury, and we don't see a truckload of tape on that knee

I've gone Serong now .....bye related, also a good matchup against RICH
Could definitely see more Martin up forward after showing last week, especially since our forward line is our weakest area. Redman also been anonymous since Martin has gone down back.

Steele a hold for me also, but its easier for me to hold since I started him. Been quite a few people punished trading premos who've had a bad week or two early this year

Thought about rolling the dice with Sweet at R2 and finishing your backline of adding a mid?
Sweet might be too good to waste on the bench. Might be…
I thought about it, but with English at 590k I could easily see him spring back up to 700k if he has a few of his monster games and he has the Hawks next, I don't see him having any trouble against Meek - Grundy could've at least ton'd up if he didn't keep giving away stupid free kicks and a 50m penalty.

Sweet could definitely be good enough for R2 though... hmmm tough call. Think I'll stick with these trades for now, as I definitely am keen on having English in my final team, would've loved if Sweet was Rck/Fwd though haha

Trade 1 - I'm running with Khamis to Sweet via Livingstone. Have been reconsidering this given Hawks will have zero tall forwards this week v Dogs though. Rest of my rookies have more cash to make, so think I will stick to this plan.

Trade 2 - Sharp to Nick Martin, sick of watching him butcher the footy for Bont like KOTD scoring, so in he comes.

Steele is quandary for me. Looked cooked last two weeks but has North then Hawks next two. Rowell is my trade in if I boost. Will wait and see what news comes out of St Kilda the rest of the week.

I think my first trade is Clark to Sweet.
This mean i get rid of a dead rookie (or one thats going to take forever to make cash) to a bloke who is going to make lots of cash quikcly (fingers crossed).

Then from there I can make my remaining trades after showdown. If Sweet goes very well i could consider trading Grundy to Rogers/Garcia which will allow me to boost to a super premo.

Means I will have to skip Dawson but can get in targets like Green/Serong/Butters/Ryan/Heeney

Re Steele... he's had the knee issue for a month apparantly and his scoring has been getting worse the longer its gone. Worse case scenario is he keeps playing through the pain with terrible scores then misses a few weeks(or longer if he needs surgery) once it becomes unmanageable and you have trade him with much less value. I dont see it coming good given all the indicators (scoring, training reports, strapping) and I wish those choosing to hold the best of luck. Gotta remember Steele has a history of playing through pain and it always hurts his output.

I've been on the slow build this year not going for overall

Have had Grundy, Xerri and DeKoning on the books since round 0

USING A BOOST

OUT Dekoning, Cadman, Roberts (with Rampe and Parker back his role and minutes might change)
IN Sweet (RUCK EMERG to generate some cash), Flanders (FOR) , Tom Green (MID)

Will have 197k left after these three trades

Hlding onto Grundy for one more week then bringing in English

I think folk are jumping at shadows regarding a role change for Martin.
True ....however when I have other alternatives, I'm taking the player without any smoke

I've gone Serong in preference to Martin

Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.04.25 pm.png Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.04.47 pm.png
Not sure I want to punt Powell just yet considering there are no other viable alternatives, but it allows me to grab a Merrett with my last boost as he faces the Eagles this weekend with all of North, Richmond on the horizon within the next few weeks.

Waiting for a Butters to drop further in price, along with Ryan. Was originally going to do likewise with Trac and wait for him to drop further, but do I just spend the extra $100k odd and grab Merrett instead of rolling the dice on a cheaper Trac?

Leaves me with $173k in the bank, and with Darcy Jones to come in next round via a rookie, will be able to bring in Butters with the second trade (likely Williams upgrade via DPP swings).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1975939View attachment 1975940
Not sure I want to punt Powell just yet considering there are no other viable alternatives, but it allows me to grab a Merrett with my last boost as he faces the Eagles this weekend with all of North, Richmond on the horizon within the next few weeks.

Waiting for a Butters to drop further in price, along with Ryan. Was originally going to do likewise with Trac and wait for him to drop further, but do I just spend the extra $100k odd and grab Merrett instead of rolling the dice on a cheaper Trac?

Leaves me with $173k in the bank, and with Darcy Jones to come in next round via a rookie, will be able to bring in Butters with the second trade (likely Williams upgrade via DPP swings).
Yeah, I've locked Zerrett in as well - insane run coming up for Essendon.

Nice team btw

Ya got me. They kicked a brown paper bag over the coffee table at me, and now i'm spruiking dodgy ruckmen.
Grundy was truly shithouse. I admit it. I was literally throwing s**t at the tele watching him self destruct in the worst quarter i've seen from a ruckman since Paul "Torture" Chambers. He was phukking woeful.
I'll do and say anything for a few quid though.
I'm not proud of it, but i'll happily throw the flower of youth in this forum straight under the bus if it means shoes for the kiddies and a rug for winter.
Grundy was terriific :thumbsu:
That's the difference between us, mate.
I can't be bought. I have ethics.
What's that, why would I want to shake your hand?
el-lleve-shake-hands.gif

Brodie Grundy is the greatest ruckman the game has ever seen.
Everybody can have a down game.
Easy hold, every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Bollox is just giving us the good oil without fear or favour, he can't be bought.
As long as there's a drink in it for Scoops.
Scoops has got bills to pay, too.

Last edited:
Just looking at all the teams being posted, 40 trades is just too easy this year.
Most of us just have about 4-6 upgrades to go, then it's luxury trades - with 20+ trades still in the bank, that's plenty!

I'm finding that there's too much team convergence with so many trades :mad:
e.g. this week if you can afford it, who is not getting the likes of Zerrett, Serong, Green or Dawson?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Just looking at all the teams being posted, 40 trades is just too easy this year.
Most of us just have about 4-6 upgrades to go, then it's luxury trades - with 20+ trades still in the bank, that's plenty!

I'm finding that there's too much team convergence with so many trades :mad:
e.g. this week if you can afford it, who is not getting the likes of Zerrett, Serong, Green or Dawson?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Looks like the season winner will be known with multiple rounds to go because everyone gonna have the same team by round 17. I think 40 is at least 5 too many.

I've been on the slow build this year not going for overall

Have had Grundy, Xerri and DeKoning on the books since round 0

USING A BOOST

OUT Dekoning, Cadman, Roberts (with Rampe and Parker back his role and minutes might change)
IN Sweet (RUCK EMERG to generate some cash), Flanders (FOR) , Tom Green (MID)

Will have 197k left after these three trades

Hlding onto Grundy for one more week then bringing in English
They look like decent trades, and an interesting observation re the Roberts role. I sort of hope you're wrong but also sort of hope you're right so we have an excuse to upgrade him (Roberts) to a premo

Risky because if Sweet gets hurt before mooing you cant sideways him to an acceptable R2.
Having Jackson in your forward line mitigates that risk, though.

Looks like the season winner will be known with multiple rounds to go because everyone gonna have the same team by round 17. I think 40 is at least 5 too many.
30 trades will do - even with all these byes.

Makes people, like myself, think a bit more on each trade - as atm, the mentality is - "who cares I've got plenty of trades to fix issues as they arise"

30 trades will do - even with all these byes.

Makes people, like myself, think a bit more on each trade - as atm, the mentality is - "who cares I've got plenty of trades to fix issues as they arise"
Agree, currently complete team as quickly as possible and have 15 correctional trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back