Trades 2024 Round 9 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_at_May_05_23-48-27.png

trade outs fairly obvious. rookies that are maxed. clohesy has soft north matchup that might reset cash gen this week but i like double upgrading here.

bit of a POD move in sinclair. still spending plenty of time across half back and i dont think hes a half bad scorer in the midfield either. marvel run at the back end of the year is nuts. bonner is kind of an annoying spud that just exists there but i think he will get dropped eventually and sinclair presents value now.

zorko is clear top 3 forward with this role. the gap between zorko, heeney and flanders to f4 is probably 20-25 points.... hes a risky play but the reward is too good to pass up. good run into his bye.

jones best rookie this week.

Parish v Dyl Moore is going to kill me this week.

Even missing the big score last week, Essendons draw across the next few is tasty.

Dyl will score big v us on the large Launy ground, but then a tough 4 game run before it opens up around byes.

What do people think?

Couple of options for me this week.

I have currently done
Darcy-Jones
Reid-Heeney

Means I keep Roberts, he has been super consistent, yeah he might lose some money but I think I can keep him at M8-D6 for a while.

Think the play is to get rid of Reid now. With Yeo out for a few I can see him struggling next few games. I feel like Yeo played a big part in his scoring.

Another Other is to boost.
Darcy-Jones
Roberts-Oliver
Reid/Fisher-Jackson

Gets some rookies off the ground. Not solid on Jackson yet, provides great cover for ruck but while I have sweet at R3 doesn’t seem worth it. Think I would also like to see more out of Oliver.

Another option is
Clohesy-Jones
Roberts/Reid - Moore

Moore scoring super well but can have stinkers like all small forwards. Would have to be prepared for some 50s and 60s.

Team below with current completed trades. Feel like I am getting somewhere now. Cash gen looks solid pending ongoing selections.

IMG_8411.jpeg
IMG_8412.jpeg

Premium mid of the future.

Big Dog GIF
Don't you besmirch the good name of Luke Pedlar, you scalleywag .....just remember the name, and let it echo thru your SC thoughts constantly

I’d love to do the first option but I doubt I have the balls to pull it off
IMG_2704.jpeg

My most likely trades
IMG_2695.jpeg

I think there’s a scenario where the first option pays off massively. I have been playing it safe for about a month now but feel like I’ve got every trade wrong. I think it’s going to catch up with me very soon

Went Walsh over Serong, Yeo over Young (that’s fine now tbf), went Merrett and English over Dunkley and Serong last week, yet some how my rank has gone up every week and now I’m 22nd overall with a team I don’t really rate at all.

View attachment 1981774

My most likely trades
View attachment 1981777

I think there’s a scenario where the first option pays off massively. I have been playing it safe for about a month now but feel like I’ve got every trade wrong. I think it’s going to catch up with me very soon

Went Walsh over Serong, Yeo over Young (that’s fine now tbf), went Merrett and English over Dunkley and Serong last week, yet some how my rank has gone up every week and now I’m 22nd overall with a team I don’t really rate at all.
Is it more palatable to say your trades are:

Sheezel to Serong
Roberts to McKercher

They seem pretty good trades, given Sheezel's change in role

View attachment 1981774

My most likely trades
View attachment 1981777

Sounds like you should stop listening to yourself and do the trades you don't like 😉

Is it more palatable to say your trades are:

Sheezel to Serong
Roberts to McKercher

They seem pretty good trades, given Sheezel's change in role
I’ve never been in this position before so I’m not sure if I need to keep playing it safe or be aggressive. It fixes my byes a tad, gives me 121k to get Clarry next week if he looks the goods. Just wish I knew what Sheezel’s role would be long term

I’ve never been in this position before so I’m not sure if I need to keep playing it safe or be aggressive. It fixes my byes a tad, gives me 121k to get Clarry next week if he looks the goods. Just wish I knew what Sheezel’s role would be long term
This ! .....we just don't know if Clarko continues with the Sheezel Mid Role .....I'm having one more look

Barry Roundhouse is the best SCer in these parts, although he doesn't really post much. Any advice for our Collingwood friend here on handling being near the top?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_2705.jpeg

IMG_2706.jpeg

I know im no shot at winning the whole thing but i feel like my teams holding on for dear life. My bench is cooked, it looks so much worse after changing Serong to English last week. The score basically cancelled each other out but Livingston at F8 is a structure killer. All because I didn’t trust Sexton to not be a late in. I went cooper Simpson in a panic to cover Fyfe, should have been Rarcia but didn’t know if he would be sub, hindsight hey…

Clarko usually tries his crazy ideas for multiple weeks.
Remember Sicily the forward.
Having said that if Sheezal keeps spudding as a mid it will kill his confidence. He will 100% move to the mids at some stage. I'm just not sure he's ready right now.
Our mids are horrific at the moment. As well as X has been scoring he has not really been hitting the ball to our on ballers benefit. Lots of grabs out of the ruck and kicks 40m forward without looking.
With our midfield rotations changing every week it's hard for him to gel with a set rotation.

What does everyone think of this?

View attachment 1981787

I miss out on Sinc and the triple upgrade for now, but I get rid of Coffield for Kerch.

Second roughy for the year.

View attachment 1981788
McKercher is the part that would worry me there.

Is he a keeper? Does the role hold? He's a first year player you are paying $300k for, will he last the season? Because at this point of the year he needs too.

Is he a keeper? Does the role hold? He's a first year player you are paying $300k for, will he last the season? Because at this point of the year he needs too.
I’d already reversed the trade before you’d responded mate. lol.

I'm grabbing him in the hope he's around 400k at his bye which I feel is likely. If the role sticks I will reassess then. He's totally field able which also helps.
A nice downgrade option for my defender rookies who seem maxed out

View attachment 1981774

My most likely trades
View attachment 1981777

Just do the first set of trades & get Serong in. He’s been the highlight of your regrets.

In terms of Sheezel out, time to play a bit PODish. Also, you have Stewart & Sinclair, cheap and ready for a spot in defense anyway

Never convince yourself u can plan more than 1 week in advance.

Now Grundy > English looks a luxury trade. Was this not the R2 plan when we started 2 months ago ?

English down 102K, BE 80
Grundy up 102K, BE 107

28K apart !!....now is the time, but so many other priorities and bargains floating about that its tough to do.

I just know i;ll regret not doing this.

Bloody Libba indefinite outage screwed my plans. Straight swap for Bont.

What’s the consensus on Zorko @ 560k vs Moore @ 520k?
I hated Zorko as a first week owner.
I loved Zorko as a second week owner.

I imagine this will continue 😀

Much like how I hated Whitfield this weekend as a first week owner.

Bloody Libba indefinite outage screwed my plans. Straight swap for Bont.

What’s the consensus on Zorko @ 560k vs Moore @ 520k?
I'd pay a little extra for the magnificent one.
Brissy will win more than they lose from here on which wont hurt his scoring. Looks fitter than we thought he'd be. Has a better scoring role. Has the DPP. Would be 600K if it wasnt for that one stinker game. Perhaps the higher ceiling each week.
Both good buys. Just more reason to buy Zorko i reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back