VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

avoided all my earthly responsibilities and watched the replay last night...

Biggest takeaway, Pou looked like a compleeeetely different player from a month ago. I was super hard on him a month ago because he looked like he'd barely played a game in his life, this time round he was probably best on and just dominant around stoppage. Put his head over it, won his own ball, took the ball at pace out of stoppage, consistently outmuscled opponents for the front and center position at stoppage, consistently managed to get really nice releasing handballs out while being tackled, took some great grabs with the wet ball.. just light and day. Great work from the club and the pou to turn it around so well. Will only get better from here as he gets used to his new found ball pig status. Still think one more game in the twos to really cement it in his noggin that he's the big dawg before coming back.

garcia was a bit quiet but just clean and tough. Maybe didn't get as much time on ball not sure.. Hotton did some nice things but quiet, keeler will be a real player in a few years, heath looked good, jones can really find space in the guts at that level but does it in spurts which doesn't cut it in the AFL

Phillipou’s will become elite because of mindset and work ethic on top of his raw talent.

Does anyone else share this opinion or just nitpicking?

I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Introverted young man, probably first time in his life he’s spending any prolonged time away from his support network and mob, managing expectations of his first year of AFL footy, probably managing a level of frustrating in that 5 second moment in the video.

We really feel the need to apply the microscope on them don’t we.

Is Lance playing for Lance?

From that footage he needs a kick up the arse
What a small forward who is goal focussed and a bit hungry? Hardly unusual I would have thought. He is young and still leaning the game.

Interestingly enough Butler is extremely team focussed, but often seems to cop flack for it. His tackle pressure against Port was elite yet again.

I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Introverted young man, probably first time in his life he’s spending any prolonged time away from his support network and mob, managing expectations of his first year of AFL footy, probably managing a level of frustrating in that 5 second moment in the video.

We really feel the need to apply the microscope on them don’t we.

He's just off a bye, did he manage a trip home?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

642697e5e5c36f5d094094a72d29df4c.jpg

Is that Beiner as an emergency? The same player the Saints were considering for the mid season draft? I wonder if they would look at him for the obligatory Sandy player that will be a rookie for the Saints.

If it’s a different player, then disregard this post.

Is that Beiner as an emergency? The same player the Saints were considering for the mid season draft? I wonder if they would look at him for the obligatory Sandy player that will be a rookie for the Saints.

If it’s a different player, then disregard this post.
Yeah you’re right it’s him. They pulled him out of Sandy before the MSD making him ineligible. Could be a look in and of year like you said

Yeah you’re right it’s him. They pulled him out of Sandy before the MSD making him ineligible. Could be a look in and of year like you said
What’s the actual criteria to get that Saints list spot? Could it be you just had to play one game for Sandy? It’s slim pickings currently. No Sandy player stands out at the present time.

Hope not , we already have several like him that are not up to it , don't need another clogger

Hope not , we already have several like him that are not up to it , don't need another clogger
But who else? There are not any other standout options and Saints have made this commitment. Remember, it’s a rookie list spot and not a main spot on the list. The end goal is to make Sandy more attractive and more competitive to non-saints listed players.

But who else? There are not any other standout options and Saints have made this commitment. Remember, it’s a rookie list spot and not a main spot on the list. The end goal is to make Sandy more attractive and more competitive to non-saints listed players.
Yeah, that's true, let's hope he can show more than he did in the first two games
Would one of the Sandy players be better in a so called professional environment?

He seems to have been like that since he arrived. Maybe that's just his demeanour?
100% exactly what I was going to say. It's strange to see it in a football club environment where everyone seems to have alpha energy. But he's been that way since day 1, so I'm guessing it's just him so let's embrace him.

Yeah, that's true, let's hope he can show more than he did in the first two games
Would one of the Sandy players be better in a so called professional environment?
IIRC there's a hefty requirement now to train at moorabbin so they'll get a very good look at any potentials. It's only year 1 of the experiment anyways so its baby steps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back