2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I wouldn't be mad about Trainor at all, but that depends on how trade period goes whether we replace Battle for cheap or not. Would love for him to be a Jordan Dawson type for us - start on the outside then when he's more mature, play as a distributing mid

I’ve been trying to place who Jagga reminds me of & last night it hit me.

He’s a Steele Sidebottom clone.

The body shape, the footy IQ, constant movement & ability to hit up team mates in better positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember listening to an U18 final on the radio in 2008, and just from the commentary wanting Sidebottom, and knowing he wouldn't get to us. He was huge in the game.

Cant believe he slid all the way to Collingwood while others picked Stephen Hill, Jack Watts, Ty Vickery, Jack Ziebell, Hamish Hartlett, Chris Yarran....If he'd slid just two more spots.....hell we'd probably have picked Lynch anyway and Sydney would have got him.

if he is on the money it would be hard to pass up trainor,if 2 picks in first 6 surely he is a lock for one of them

aQG4teg.gif

I feel like a tall forward is a need with Membrey, Allison, Hayes all gone at season's end
Everything is a need bar half back flankers.

I like the look of that SA ruck too.
I’ve been trying to place who Jagga reminds me of & last night it hit me.

He’s a Steele Sidebottom clone.

The body shape, the footy IQ, constant movement & ability to hit up team mates in better positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jagga gives me Lachie Neale vibes.

Murphy Reid gives me Sidebottom vibes.

Norths win today changes the draft order and by seasons end I think they will be picking at 3.

Rich - O’Sullivan
Eagles - Smilie
North - Trainor

Leaving both Draper and Smith for us (just need to ensure we seal the deal by rolling over next week in Adelaide)
Take Smith, trade down 1 spot with Adelaide so they get Draper, we get another pick (29?) Bundle that and 24 with GC. Take Reid and one of Lalor/Moraes/Langford

Everything is a need bar half back flankers.

I like the look of that SA ruck too.

Jagga gives me Lachie Neale vibes.

Murphy Reid gives me Sidebottom vibes.
Dodson?

Take Smith, trade down 1 spot with Adelaide so they get Draper, we get another pick (29?) Bundle that and 24 with GC. Take Reid and one of Lalor/Moraes/Langford
With Bris going up the ladder makes it harder to get Ashcroft. Assumong we get pick 5 compo for Battle we can move pick 5 for Bris pick say 13 and Devon Robertson. Devon and our/Ade pick 24 goes to Freo for 11.

We go into draft with 4 Smith 11 Lalor and 13 Reid or that sort of combo.

Or swap with North pick 2 with 5 and our/Ade pick 24. Iff we have a need to grab a player at 2 who will not be there at 4. Which I am not sure is going to happen.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lalor 2 goals in the second quarter for vic country playing forward. O'Sullivan managed minutes but his movement in traffic is cat like. Langford playing well again, he reminds me of fin Callaghan with his body shape and the way he moves.

I reckon O'Sullivan is probably the best player in the draft, like Wardlaw just can't get on the park to show it. Langford has had a great year.

Cooper Hynes only had 14 touches, thought he was getting heaps of it. Langford was probably BOG.

Shanahan and Faul look good and the Whitlocks. Marshall another gun Brisbane free hit. Besides Uhland he was probably Allies best.

I rated Ivasic and Jacques too. Lalor a mixed bag

Harvey Langford is the kid we should be most interested in after Jagga Smith IMO. Harvey had 30 touches - 9 clearances and another bog game against the allies.

Been on to him for a while. Keeps impressing. It will be interesting to see where he's pushed up to now. His Champs games have been better than a lot of the potential early picks. It's such an even draft. There is very little between players like him and Smilie or Lalor types. It feels like the sort of draft where players in the early second round could be the pick of the bunch. Quite a lot of tall talent for a supposedly midfield heavy draft too.

Been on to him for a while. Keeps impressing. It will be interesting to see where he's pushed up to now. His Champs games have been better than a lot of the potential early picks. It's such an even draft. There is very little between players like him and Smilie or Lalor types. It feels like the sort of draft where players in the early second round could be the pick of the bunch. Quite a lot of tall talent for a supposedly midfield heavy draft too.
Sounds like a good draft to get some extra 2nd rounders.

If we take Langford in the top 10 I'll stop supporting the club cos that would be a shocking pick. I guarantee when it comes to AFL level he'll struggle

Well god damn this kid sounds good

I read that and got excited but really can't see the Dusty in him. I think because he's a big powerful unit and can kick a goal they've compared him. His disposal is a worry for me. He doesn't have the obvious X factor Dusty does. I know kids aren't the finished article but if he doesn't end up being X factor he could be a bit Luke Dunstan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back