VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Check the ladder
I did but the moral is they have been able to find players, Sandringham havent. I gather its a lack of $$$ at both clubs, but the Saints are never going to get the best development out of the VFL whilst they cant find and hold decent top up players.

Everyone says its not the AFL players that win VFL flags its the top up players.

Last edited:
I did buy the moral is they have been able to find players, Sandringham havent. I gather its a lack of $$$ at both clubs, but the Saints are never going to get the best development out of the VFL whilst they can find and hold decent top up players.

Everyone says its not the AFL players that win VFL flags its the top up players.
yep

and if you had a choice to play for, would you choose an actual AFL club

or sandy?

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we’ll take Max Brenier as our Sandringham player to be honest.

Tested him out prior to the MSD but put him on the shelf so no one else could select him because we needed a mid.

He was solid in his second game, and definitely deserved at least one more game given the state of our vfl side this year. More to it for mine and looks more likely than any of our other VFL listed players

Tested him out prior to the MSD but put him on the shelf so no one else could select him because we needed a mid.

He was solid in his second game, and definitely deserved at least one more game given the state of our vfl side this year. More to it for mine and looks more likely than any of our other VFL listed players

The trouble being he is another HBF I dont think he is a list need.

If he was any chance to be selected he would've been playing for Sandy the past 2 months

He hasn't. He was dropped because he wasn't up to it and that's that

Hipwell is currently the leading contender imo

It’s going to be unpopular but gee I think there’s something in Allison. He looks a genuine lead-up high half forward prospect.
I’m okay with giving him another year.
Yeah but the opportunity cost is that a Hotton or Van Es would have to be delisted; or one of Cole/Elwood/Peckett would have to go undrafted

It’s going to be unpopular but gee I think there’s something in Allison. He looks a genuine lead-up high half forward prospect.

His problem is he is not a strong contested mark and he struggles for any consistency in his games.

Blight gave him a marking lesson in the 1st half and then Allison was moved away. He got a bath and wasnt smart enough to change up is game or physically challenge his opponent.

He has been on our list for 4 years and hasnt looked like getting an AFL game, its time to cut him lose.

We need six picks
3 mids and 3 others.
Gone
Allison
Paton
Bonner...hopefully
Sadly Ross
Battle free agent
Membrey retirement???

Most likely Crouch injury????
Campbell if any of the above stay.

Personally I would ship off Lance Collard for anything WCE are happy to let go, just dont like his demenour. Williams for Lance and next year 3rd rounder...

We have very little in the way of trade assets......so 5,6,24,44 and a couple of dfa will be what we bring in.

Tigers are the one to watch as I reckon they go full Monty rebuild ahead of Tassie.

Potentially Rioli to GC for what 7 and 12 with 20 coming back.
Bolton to Freo for 8 and 17.
Baker to WCE as free agent pick 19 comp.

Maybe we drop pick 6 and 24 for 8 and 12 or 17 a player

Rich would then have 1 6 7 17 19 21 23.

Going to becan interesting trade period.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

His problem is he is not a strong contested mark and he struggles for any consistency in his games.

Blight gave him a marking lesson in the 1st half and then Allison was moved away. He got a bath and wasnt smart enough to change up is game or physically challenge his opponent.

He has been on our list for 4 years and hasnt looked like getting an AFL game, its time to cut him lose.
Allison dropped a couple of sitters early on but actually played pretty well as a lead up player.

I understand why he struggled physically - Blight is a fair lump of a lad - 197cm and well over 100kg.

Allison dropped a couple of sitters early on but actually played pretty well as a lead up player.

I understand why he struggled physically - Blight is a fair lump of a lad - 197cm and well over 100kg.

Yeah i'm kind of now at the point where i'd happily keep all the players if we didn't need to cull the list.

Pretty sure this is his ceiling we are seeing now. Decent VFL level forward, prone to dropping sitters, missing easy shots running in to goal with noone in front of him. Doesn't have the competitive beast or confidence in himself to take the next required steps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He lacks footy intelligence

So from the Stats, Keeler seemed to go quite ok as a forward this game.

From anyone that watched the game how did Keeler actually go?

He looked really good and got to ruck for about 5 minutes each quarter. He went well around the ground and is a good user and competitive ruckman. He is quite laconic and could do with improving his urgency and second efforts, but we can hardly hang him on that when our highest paid player (Max King) creates zero forward pressure. At least Keeler makes a real effort to chase and pressure at times. I believe he is one of those players who will look heaps better and more suited to playing at the higher level. Hopefully he gets the chance before the season is done!

You think he is that good that we are hiding him , we must have been watching different players

But one was a first round draft pick and the other was a mid season draft pick and been in the system a few months

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back