Allison
Paton
Bonner...hopefully
Sadly Ross
Battle free agent
Membrey retirement???

Most likely Crouch injury????
Campbell if any of the above stay.

Personally I would ship off Lance Collard for anything WCE are happy to let go, just dont like his demenour. Williams for Lance and next year 3rd rounder...

We have very little in the way of trade assets......so 5,6,24,44 and a couple of dfa will be what we bring in.

Tigers are the one to watch as I reckon they go full Monty rebuild ahead of Tassie.

Potentially Rioli to GC for what 7 and 12 with 20 coming back.
Bolton to Freo for 8 and 17.
Baker to WCE as free agent pick 19 comp.

Maybe we drop pick 6 and 24 for 8 and 12 or 17 a player

Rich would then have 1 6 7 17 19 21 23.

Going to becan interesting trade period.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know it’s like killing Bambi, but are either/both Hayes or Campbell on the list next year?

Everyone loves Hayes but his games output has been disastrous for the time he’s been on the list. And Campbell? Any chance Heath gets a go?

We need six picks
3 mids and 3 others.
Gone
Allison
Paton
Bonner...hopefully
Sadly Ross
Battle free agent
Membrey retirement???

Most likely Crouch injury????
Campbell if any of the above stay.

Personally I would ship off Lance Collard for anything WCE are happy to let go, just dont like his demenour. Williams for Lance and next year 3rd rounder...

We have very little in the way of trade assets......so 5,6,24,44 and a couple of dfa will be what we bring in.

Tigers are the one to watch as I reckon they go full Monty rebuild ahead of Tassie.

Potentially Rioli to GC for what 7 and 12 with 20 coming back.
Bolton to Freo for 8 and 17.
Baker to WCE as free agent pick 19 comp.

Maybe we drop pick 6 and 24 for 8 and 12 or 17 a player

Rich would then have 1 6 7 17 19 21 23.

Going to becan interesting trade period.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we get 5 and 6, I think there’s a very good chance they split 6.
If the draft is as even as they say, why not maximise our picks?
Of course we’ll need a buyer.

I don’t think we will have the ability so split. Gold Coast is the only one that has the picks but they will probably give them up for Rioli. No other takers

I know it’s like killing Bambi, but are either/both Hayes or Campbell on the list next year?

Everyone loves Hayes but his games output has been disastrous for the time he’s been on the list. And Campbell? Any chance Heath gets a go?

I think Heath is getting close , but i don't expect him to be great at AFL level yet.
Unless we have another ruck come in we are really low on depth without Campbell though.
Keeler is looking good but we've seen nothing much in the ruck from him yet , so we'd be doing something pretty desperate if we somehow had both Marshall and Heath out at the same time.

I would hope this depends on the progress of Lalor. We are interested in him. If he slides down the order to more a pick 10 rather than a potential top 5, then I'd do a similar deal to the Leake/Wilson deal of last year and hope to pick him up a couple picks later than 6. If he climbs then I'd keep and try to get him @ 6.

If he's unavailable come draft night @ 6, then trade back and target a duo out of Travaglia/Hotton/Allan/Berry/Hynes.

I would hope this depends on the progress of Lalor. We are interested in him. If he slides down the order to more a pick 10 rather than a potential top 5, then I'd do a similar deal to the Leake/Wilson deal of last year and hope to pick him up a couple picks later than 6. If he climbs then I'd keep and try to get him @ 6.

If he's unavailable come draft night @ 6, then trade back and target a duo out of Travaglia/Hotton/Allan/Berry/Hynes.
If we end up with two top ten picks and don’t trade out. One of those picks has to be lalor. He could be anything

Yeah but the opportunity cost is that a Hotton or Van Es would have to be delisted; or one of Cole/Elwood/Peckett would have to go undrafted

His problem is he is not a strong contested mark and he struggles for any consistency in his games.

Blight gave him a marking lesson in the 1st half and then Allison was moved away. He got a bath and wasnt smart enough to change up is game or physically challenge his opponent.

He has been on our list for 4 years and hasnt looked like getting an AFL game, its time to cut him lose.
Has spent much of the last 3 years injured.

He showed more than Keeler on the weekend yet we’re lauding his performance. In fact his 3 bests games this season have been better than what Keeler, Hayes and Caminiti have put together in the VFL.
I’m not saying he’s the answer but I think he can make a case to being a CHF option for us for another 12 months.
We’re critical on him, but he looked a very likely type, and I’d be persisting with him for further 12 months over Hayes, Hotton, Hall and Campbell to name a few

Has spent much of the last 3 years injured.

He showed more than Keeler on the weekend yet we’re lauding his performance. In fact his 3 bests games this season have been better than what Keeler, Hayes and Caminiti have put together in the VFL.
I’m not saying he’s the answer but I think he can make a case to being a CHF option for us for another 12 months.
We’re critical on him, but he looked a very likely type, and I’d be persisting with him for further 12 months over Hayes, Hotton, Hall and Campbell to name a few

You obviously dont watch too many VFL games...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously dont watch too many VFL games...
I’ve watched his poor games as well, I doubt he’ll get another contract but I’d be willing to persist with him for another 12 months because as I said, there’s something there.
You don’t fluke 2 bags of 5 goals and a game with 26 touches, 7 marks and 2 goals.
The talent is there, the consistency is not, the which isn’t uncommon for young key talls.. especially those with a history of injury.

I’ve watched his poor games as well, I doubt he’ll get another contract but I’d be willing to persist with him for another 12 months because as I said, there’s something there.
You don’t fluke 2 bags of 5 goals and a game with 26 touches, 7 marks and 2 goals.
The talent is there, the consistency is not, the which isn’t uncommon for young key talls.. especially those with a history of injury.
His big bags have correlated with poor matchups and opposition. I can guarantee you his form cannot translate to AFL form - the step up is too big for him. AFL teams won't allow him to run around like that and he doesn't have a point of difference

His big bags have correlated with poor matchups and opposition. I can guarantee you his form cannot translate to AFL form - the step up is too big for him. AFL teams won't allow him to run around like that and he doesn't have a point of difference
At 22 and 1.95cm it has taken him this long to show something - Lyon will make the decision on him if he is still at the club next year.

But one was a first round draft pick and the other was a mid season draft pick and been in the system a few months
Blight is a pretty good player. Was playing seniors for Peel Thunder for a couple of years before he was picked up by the Tigers.

Played in the WAFL V SANFL match earlier this year - took 13 marks.

There will be a need to create list spots and there will better players available later in this draft. If we had endless list numbers he would be worth giving another year, but we havent and thats his fait. He has had some injuries but he simply hasnt shown enough IMO to warrant remaining on the list. AFL is a cut throat industry and clubs have to make tough decisions every year.

As suggested above he might be lucky for another club to take a chance on him, but I highly doubt it. If he is dedicated he will move to another state league club and attempt to build on his game and get drafted again.

Could Allison be turned into a tall running wingman like Wood ... he has an athletic profile does he not?
Allison played wing earlier this year and tail end of last year - that was when he was getting below 10 touches per game. Has no clue about positioning and running patterns

There will be a need to create list spots and there will better players available later in this draft. If we had endless list numbers he would be worth giving another year, but we havent and thats his fait. He has had some injuries but he simply hasnt shown enough IMO to warrant remaining on the list. AFL is a cut throat industry and clubs have to make tough decisions every year.

As suggested above he might be lucky for another club to take a chance on him, but I highly doubt it. If he is dedicated he will move to another state league club and attempt to build on his game and get drafted again.
I agree that Allison is more likely to be cut than get another contract especially if Membrey goes around for another year.

The killer for him has been the improvement in Sharman and the extraordinary piece of luck we had in signing Caminiti.

He really needed to string togethor a solid block of games but when he's playing well you can see the attraction.

Great size, moves well, great kick - just looks like he lacks the real commitment needed to succeed in the AFL.

Same feeling as I get with Keeler.

Oh didn't realise he was playing wing??
Hey it was a question that I thought someone with your intimate knowledge could answer .... or maybe someone else could answer ... cause there seems to be a lot of posters on here that have all the answers

The fella seems to have taken a big step up this year ... having decent games with decent stats

Everyone is losing their minds over Garcia yet here is a guy who has great height and athleticism who has had plenty of injury issues but is now starting to show something ... show that he actually has some talent .... yet he is being written off because ... he should have shown more before this?

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back