Review 2024 Second Elimination Final: Box Hill Hawks v Williamstown, 31 August 2024, 3.00pm @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't watched enough full Box Hill games this year, but am I correct in saying this is a bit of a choke job?

Haven't looked likely all day aside from a 5 minute patch at the beginning of this quarter.

I haven't watched enough full Box Hill games this year, but am I correct in saying this is a bit of a choke job?

Haven't looked likely all day aside from a 5 minute patch at the beginning of this quarter.

Honestly, Box Hill haven't been that impressive this year. Very poor lapses in focus with the established VFL players (and some Hawks players) being very average. We've been smashed by the better teams, and were lucky to win vs GWS and the Zebras.

They have looked a lot better than this though. The uncompetitive nature of many of the players has been particularly disappointing this game. Only Maginness has really been up for the fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one moving in the centre bounces, standing there and waiting for Williamstown to run out with it because we are flat footed.

Kicking the ball 50m high against the wind will never work.

We look panicky and they are just running away from us.

I’m not sure we want it and there are supposedly players out there looking to get into the seniors for their first final.

Is CJ injured? He was limping after a contest and I don’t think I’ve seen him since.

Finn stays in the team for me. I hope they play him in the guts too. We don’t need him to kick, just stand up and handball out to our advantage.

Not really.

Tyler/Callum Brown and Cavarra are huge misses for us in the VFL squad. They bring that experience and composure which seems lacking today.

It’s also very common for the stand alone sides which make VFL finals to push that extra 5% as this is what they’re aiming for as a group.

Werribee and Southport are in the same boat as Willy. So much more to play for as a club.

on a side note, is chris johnson the worst commentator in australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2024 Second Elimination Final: Box Hill Hawks v Williamstown, 31 August 2024, 3.00pm @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back