Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly that's pretty much how i expected the game to go ā€“ an absolute blitz. Zero reasons to doubt why that wouldn't happen. But to see it executed so expertly by not only the likes Scrim, Sic, Worps and Jai, but for rookies to step up like Calsher and Watto was nothing short of stunning. So happy to 'fringe players' like Morrison, Ward and Finn also be magnificent on the night. Ginni too was fantastic and really set up our winning ways there in the second. Jesus christ we're flying at the moment and there may be no stopping us.

I didnā€™t take it as a Bronx cheer,I thought it was more a rev up from the Hawk army
Was exactly a rev up... Hawks fans were trying their best to tell Chol is well supported and to keep trying. His pressure and work rate was excellent throughout

Few fans may have been frustrated at the marks not sticking but even they joined in with the cheers by rest to rev him and team up.

Winning finals is a form of tanking, and Damo will stand by that.
ā€œShould a side this young and clearly still rebuilding be compromising their draft hand by continuing with this winning streak? I think itā€™s a question worth askingā€

Such a solid performance across the board.

Newc, Scrimshaw, Sicily and Meek were the standouts.
Calsher and Wiz damaging. Dā€™Ambrosio everywhere.

But a few worth calling out:
  • Ginnivanā€™s ability to get space on the southern fwd flank in the second quarter really got us going
  • Amon had a composed game and just seemed to consistently be in the right place at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doggies supporters wouldn't have been too happy seeing JUH having a smile and a laugh with the opposition after that loss. Especially given he's on over a million a year and only had 4 touches and a behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the pub tonight to watch the game, managed 4 beers and a decent feed and was surrounded by Dogs, Port, Blues, Scum and Pies fans until about 5 minutes before the final siren.

All up it cost me the equivalent of $20 Aussie dollars. As much as I would have loved to be back in Melbourne, I really enjoyed watching the other fans skulking out towards the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back