Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

In a lot of ways Harry is made for finals footy.

He is cool and calculated with his disposal (which is vital when things are hot) and when it's his turn to go hard he goes hard.

Yeah mate, similar to Ginni in the second quarter. While neither might be winning the 100m gold medal at the Olympics, the extra second to spot a player in a better position helped open up the game even if there was a chance of being caught holding the ball.

Helps the other guys settle too when they can get the ball in a favorable position!

Rewatch time.
Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

Listening to Derm this morning on crunch time, he thinks we are system based not talent base compared to other teams, which could be worked out over summer by other teams.

He’s wrong. We’re made based on three ingredients. System, talent and the most important ingredient personality. The last one you can’t manufacture as much as other teams try and replicate.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Poor call IMHO.

We must have been watching a different game.
You were watching the same game, but your eyes were opened and balanced.

Reading oppo boards general football threads at 2am last night

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Same - the * board was the most amusing

Listening to Derm this morning on crunch time, he thinks we are system based not talent base compared to other teams, which could be worked out over summer by other teams.

And meanwhile they continue to evolve and change things up as they mature and gain more experience

Derm likes the sound of his own voice and this morning, it’s at a whole other level

While I agree to some extent, we are also still the second youngest list in the competition. Dear, Watto, CMac, Newc, Day*, Mackenzie, Ward, Ginni, Mass, Weddle all 23 or under.

I had a dickhead Hawk behind me and my mates and our kids bellowing out hate for Chol and Finn.

Then he stood and screamed obscenities at Dogs fans when they left in the last. He was just a classless piece of shit who thought everyone was enjoying his show.
I’ve never wanted to grab a hawk fan by the jumper and hurl them from level 4 before.
The Bronx cheer he got when he finally marked it was stupid too. Like don’t want him to get in his own head during a final? Weird

I had a dickhead Hawk behind me and my mates and our kids bellowing out hate for Chol and Finn.

Then he stood and screamed obscenities at Dogs fans when they left in the last. He was just a classless piece of shit who thought everyone was enjoying his show.
I’ve never wanted to grab a hawk fan by the jumper and hurl them from level 4 before.
Unfortunately all fan bases have them mate. Winning just isn’t enough for some douchebags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another great team effort,kudos to Ward stepped up terrifically. Harry dependable in a crunch also.
Absolute standouts were Newc,Meek, Watson & Calsher, the whole backline stood up when required amazingly as well.

The Bronx cheer he got when he finally marked it was stupid too. Like don’t want him to get in his own head during a final? Weird

It didn't sound like a Bronx cheer to me.

Unfortunately all fan bases have them mate. Winning just isn’t enough for some douchebags.
Yep . They give the rest of us a bad name.

I wasn't there but a mate was with his kids . He said some of the behaviour from both sides supporters was pretty ordinary .

Would have a guess most are 'supporters' who have jumped back on again . They normally are .

Are they relocating to the Gold Coast Giants or something?

This Gold Coast Giants actually existed for a brief period in the NSWRL and for a glitzy place had the most bizarrely bland colour scheme and logo - was honestly like there was meant to be colour but they selected everything to be printed in greyscale and just went with it. IMG_8720.jpeg IMG_8721.jpeg

Love Derm, however he's the greatest coach never to have coached, IMO. As with every great team it's a synergy of both talent and system. No talent wouldn't be able to do what we do pretty much week in week out. The roughest part of last night was tossing up between Kelly on ABC or Derm on SEN.

In relation to Chol, I agree with Hodgie - needs to attack the contest with a bit more intent and aggression, and last night that seemed to be missing.

He did though seem to lift after having what appeared to be an encouraging conversation with Sam while on the bench

Reading oppo boards general football threads at 2am last night

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF
Lots of salt on the dogs
Pies were hot for us
Port knows a hurricane is coming & their ready to tie Kern to the anchor & throw him overboard

I've noticed a pattern that every player / pundit that has been out of the game for ages talks about us being a system, coaching, well drilled team, and all the more recent retirees or recently finished coaches talk about the exciting and more importantly hard working young talent.

I can respect Derm as a Hawthorn legend, but his perspective on footy in 2024 isn't materially better than Jono Brown's unfortunately.

Derm was an incredibly talented footballer and a Hawthorn legend. He’s an utterly painful commentator.

There’s no ‘working out’ players like Croc, Ginni and Watto. You can figure out our system all you want - those 3 are going to plague opposition defenders for years to come just like Cyril could never be figured out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back