Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

The most disappointing thing for me was there was no one that came in and remonstrated with Richards. Even thou he didn't connect the intent was there and the boys should have gone in after him to let him know.
(dog act)

Ginnivan did a little later when he realized what had happened.
I did think a few more may have remonstrated?
But Calsh was not phased at all !
This action could have been so much worse and should be looked at by the AFL!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting to read the dogs autopsy thread (not to revel in their misery but to see the actual commentary of the game). There's a lot of frustration that Bevo didn't work out a way to shut down Sicily and Newcombe.

before the match a lot people here said we need a big game from Newcombe. And it's been my biggest concern with Day out that a team could really focus on shutting down Newcombe and we'd be pretty vulnerable then. Somehow they took Bontempellli out of the midfield a lot AND failed to shut down Newcombe. They really shot themselves in the foot.

They also didn't find any way to really exploit us with talls. Early on it looked a bit ominous with Naughton and Darcy kicking goals but they only scored 9 goals for the match. Awesome defensive effort against a side that has so much firepower

Just to nullify our best performing player for the year I would call one win for the Bulldogs!

We pretty well almost won every position on the ground so that is a massive win to us!

Surely you would give them a couple of wins across the field ?
We won the rest with a few breaking even ?

They lost, they're out of the finals and Dale had no positive impact on the game. As a key ball mover for them, that's not a win.

After a couple of rewatches, my favourite moment in the game was when Ginni hit Watson on the chest and his reaction to that. His fist pump was bigger than if he'd put it through himself.

Not enough love for Mass. Supreme skills in & around the contest. Gut running, quick hands & precision kicking. His Nono would have gone home & opened the 'good scotch' after that effort. Bravo!
Shows how good this kid is that he gets a 31 disposal 9 mark game in his first final and we just put that down as a pass mark!

He is already reaching Sam Mitchell types of consistency and he’s still so, so young.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up with multiple PCMs just like his coach as well he’s going be very good for a very long period of time

Best value trade that I can remember.

Moore was poor by his standards. Not his best game score wise but he was always on the move, linking up. Dale was terrible on the other hand. Got 1/4 of his disposals from kick ins, zero score involvements from one of the better attacking half backs in the comp this year. I wouldn't call that a win.

Bevo forcing their best kick and best link-man to play on Moore the entire game was a win for us. I suppose all the options would have been tough, but to have Dale worrying about anyone over him playing his natural game is an automatic win.

He should been AA and is arguably the best kick in the competition.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not enough love for Mass. Supreme skills in & around the contest. Gut running, quick hands & precision kicking. His Nono would have gone home & opened the 'good scotch' after that effort. Bravo!
It's kind of crazy but we've just come to expect that kind of performance from him. Easy top 3 in the Crimmins, as consistent as anyone

Yes we won but not every position!

If you told me before the game that Moore and Dale would be a nil-all draw then I'd have taken it - knowing they don't have anyone who starts attacking chains and rebounds through lethal kicking outside of Dale. Bramble maybe, but he has to mind one of the other small forwards.

We at least have Ginnivan, MacDonald and Watson that could step up for us.

They lost, they're out of the finals and Dale had no positive impact on the game. As a key ball mover for them, that's not a win.

His job was to nullify Dylan and by Dylan’s standards he was very much beaten !
When you are defender that is your job so I call that 1 of 2 positional wins on the night by the Bulldogs!
This is my opinion and I respect yours ! I just think you’re wrong that’s all!
Great win Hawks

Yes we won but not every position!

I feel like you're missing the point here.

If someone like Frost plays on a forward and that forward doesn't have impact, it doesn't matter so much what Frost does individually with the ball because you don't expect him to have an attacking impact. That's a win.

Dale is not Frost, he's an AA level rebounding and attacking defender.

I have no problem with saying the Dogs won match ups, but Bailey Dale not being involved in any scoring chains is not a win for the dogs. Clearly they wanted him involved in attacking play or they wouldn't have had him taking kick outs.

I feel like you're missing the point here.

If someone like Frost plays on a forward and that forward doesn't have impact, it doesn't matter so much what Frost does individually with the ball because you don't expect him to have an attacking impact. That's a win.

Dale is not Frost, he's an AA level rebounding and attacking defender.

I have no problem with saying the Dogs won match ups, but Bailey Dale not being involved in any scoring chains is not a win for the dogs. Clearly they wanted him involved in attacking play or they wouldn't have had him taking kick outs.

They sold the farm to try and stop us playing the way we wanted to.

All they wound up doing was nullifying their own biggest weapons, and ultimately they were overrun.

We were too strong in the contested game for them to win the momentum back.

It's a huge tick for Sam Mitchell's game style, and our team's willingness and ability to stick to it.

Would be keen but I think realistically I have to stay over here - was lucky enough to go to 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Although if we make the GF may have to revisit this thought process -> Leaving Thursday arrive early Saturday AM; leave on Sunday to arrive Monday early AM in time to make it for work.....

I did the weekend trip in 2012 from the UK, arrived Friday night, game Saturday, got plastered on Sat night to forget the game and flew back Sunday arvo. Back at the desk 6am Monday.

Was certainly fun to look back on but don't recommend if we lose 🥲

Also, whilst Moore didn't have a big impact on the game and did not kick any goals - he still worked hard and took 7 marks, meaning he linked up and provided options for players.
Also had some opportunities to impact but made uncharacteristic skill errors. Moore's down game was as much him as anything the Dogs did.

They sold the farm to try and stop us playing the way we wanted to.

All they wound up doing was nullifying their own biggest weapons, and ultimately they were overrun.

We were too strong in the contested game for them to win the momentum back.

It's a huge tick for Sam Mitchell's game style, and our team's willingness and ability to stick to it.
The problem with their strategy, and all opposition strategy is, shutting down a crucial Hawthorn small forward, leaves 5 others you have to deal with, so you are jut taking one of your players out of the pool for no reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back