Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus Bontempelli is the Aldi version of Jai Newcombe.

A great night with wonderful performances. Newcombe and Meek sensational!

But the damper, was the bronx cheers for Chol. Yeah ok, didn't have his best game, but thought at least he was flying at everything, brought the ball to ground and had a couple nice touches that helped set up some goals. Didn't deserve bronxies, especially with how well we were going!
Watching the replay I thought it was an attempt to support, unfortunately he shanked the kick

I had Dipper spoil the results for me on Friday night lol

For context, the mrs & I booked tickets for the Iron Maiden concert a couple of months prior. And I was begging for the Hawks game to be on any other night apart from Friday, but it is what it is.

Anyway, I had plans to record the game & b-line straight to the car and not get to close to those wearing hawks & Bulldogs scarfs, jerseys etc.

We parked at crown and I made it all the way to South Bank, just off Flinders Street station on my way back to crown before hearing a very familiar voice beyond me yell out "I'm booking my trip to Adelaide next week boys" to the group of guys behind me.

I turned around and saw it was Dipper, I of course immediately put two and two together. And figured if I had result spoilers, I'm glad Hawks won & that it was done by a Hawthorn great

I’ve been thinking since friday, amazing experience to be in a 97k crowd with overwhelming majority support.

Never really felt that before - i hope something truly massive is awakening with our supporters and that the ‘hokball’ brand gets more people to games and more people in the brown and gold.

I’ve been thinking since friday, amazing experience to be in a 97k crowd with overwhelming majority support.

Never really felt that before - i hope something truly massive is awakening with our supporters and that the ‘hokball’ brand gets more people to games and more people in the brown and gold.

It was insane outside the ground after. Not many corporate types. This is what a QF between 1 v 2 was like in the old days

He’s not completely wrong, there’s at least 8 teams with more pure talent on their list than us.

It’s a very simplistic thought though, as we have a much more even spread of talent than any team and at the moment a better system too.

Like the dogs undoubtedly have more talent, but what’s the point of having all that talent if it’s stacked in specific areas and unable to spread the workload?

Last night was the real life adaptation of ‘a champion team is better than a team of champions’.

On the system, it’s a work in progress and we’ll play a bit differently next year. Barrass, Battle, and hopefully Lewis completely change our team.
On this team, it’s often said that games are decided by the performance of the bottom 6 in the team. I struggle to even work out who the bottom 6 are in the team we put out Friday.

It was insane outside the ground after. Not many corporate types. This is what a QF between 1 v 2 was like in the old days

It was as good as it gets, and better than anything during the most recent dynasty. Just a pity we won't have another final in Melbourne this year, as the GF is at best 60% supporting clubs fans who manage to get access through the various avenues.

His job was to nullify Dylan and by Dylan’s standards he was very much beaten !
When you are defender that is your job so I call that 1 of 2 positional wins on the night by the Bulldogs!
This is my opinion and I respect yours ! I just think you’re wrong that’s all!
Great win Hawks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was at the game and watched Moore closely, I thought he was good. Maybe a lot are not giving him pass marks because he missed that easy set shot.

Us nullifying their best player is better.

It looks like bevo gambled on Bont firing up in the last quarter by resting him a bit.
He’d paid us a little disrespect doing that

I think Bont must have been carrying an injury. It makes zero sense otherwise.

Also can you imagine Hodgey for example sitting in the forward line watching his mids and backs get killed in that third quarter?

I was surprised Bont didn’t take things into his own hands and move onto the ball to help out

I think Bont must have been carrying an injury. It makes zero sense otherwise.

Also can you imagine Hodgey for example sitting in the forward line watching his mids and backs get killed in that third quarter?

I was surprised Bont didn’t take things into his own hands and move onto the ball to help out
Don't think so, I think he was just Bevo'd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bingo. There’s a reason chol wasn’t subbed. Played a part
Liam Jones had 6 touches and 4 marks, Lobb had 13 and 7. Hawks smalls feasted.

If people want to know what defensive dominance is Scrim had 26 and 6 and Sicily had 23 and 11. Dogs smalls starved.

Apparently the Dogs had the elite forwards.

Both Chol and Dear did their job.

Last edited:
After a couple of rewatches, my favourite moment in the game was when Ginni hit Watson on the chest and his reaction to that. His fist pump was bigger than if he'd put it through himself.
My favourite thing all year was when ginni kicked a goal in the collingwood game and kissed the jumper.

roughy did the same thing after kicking our last goal in the 2008 gf(but on the broadcast you don’t get good vision of it).

We have a special club, and ginni growing up a hawks fan knows this, and I think he is part fan boy when he plays for us, I love it!

I did the weekend trip in 2012 from the UK, arrived Friday night, game Saturday, got plastered on Sat night to forget the game and flew back Sunday arvo. Back at the desk 6am Monday.

Was certainly fun to look back on but don't recommend if we lose 🥲
Also I’m 12 years older and nearly 50! I just flew London to New York yesterday and I’m shattered. Fortunately I work 100% remotely so could stay a week so it’s a possibility.

My favourite thing all year was when ginni kicked a goal in the collingwood game and kissed the jumper.

roughy did the same thing after kicking our last goal in the 2008 gf(but on the broadcast you don’t get good vision of it).

We have a special club, and ginni growing up a hawks fan knows this, and I think he is part fan boy when he plays for us, I love it!
Think Ginni chose that celebration because of the opposition

I wonder when other clubs will cotton on to the fact that getting people to play for the jumper is easier if they already loved it as a kid.

Could you imagine in the Collingwood board room discussing draft talent.

"He supported us as a kid, that's a plus"
"No it's not."
"Why not?"
"It means he's an idiot."

I don't know why bevo is hiding the fact that Bont has been hampered by a slight leg injury for the past few weeks that they've been managing really well. Has hardly trained past first gear in that time. well, I Still wouldn't have him out of the middle in a final.

Must be one of those big blokes from the KOLOKOTRONIS crew.
I wish we had a firm like in the EPL... However that will never happen.

Just to go around and intimidate.. Great fun... We have established a small one of about 10 big big boys, however opposition supporters get scared.. It is quite funny. No one is under 105kgs... and not of the "fat" variety. These guys are beasts.

MCG security know the crew well and they keep a watchful eye. Nothing is more fun on gameday than intimidating opposition supporters. Especially with historical facts of our great club. Tonight was a blast. Reeling off statistics since round 22 1987 until tonight. We have damaged Geelong big time, but for an irrelevant stretch which only had one significant loss being the 2011 QF. They were lucky not to meet us in that GF in 2011.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back